marvelloustime

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

This has happened in the past.  Sometimes acquaintances relay the message.  One time we thought a member had passed who had been out of touch because of other circumstance and he came back.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm curious if anyone has insight into what kind of relationship, if any, a believing husband and believing wife will have in heaven.

I'm basing my question on :

Matthew 22:30 (NASB) 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Do you think this verse has significance for those of us who are already married?

I hope my special relationship with my wife does not end in heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Rebecca Pickles said:

We are all going to be Home in Heaven one day. Either by the return of Jesus, or He calls us Home.

I've been thinking the last few weeks, that we all know one another on here. But if one of us suddenly gets called Home to Heaven, then we won't know about it on this forum, unless somehow a message could get passed on by a family member, or friend. The only way we would have an idea that someone has gone Home, is that they wouldn't appear on the forum again.

Praise Jesus though, that in the not too distant future, we will all be there. Celebrating and worshipping Jesus for eternity!

That is true we would not know if a member dies. If there is another member on Worthy who knows that person and knows if they have died perhaps they would tell us. But if the rapture happens they will know. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Well, I had the experience of having a person of great interest disappear from another Christian Message  Board.  She just flat out disappeared. Turned out she was deathly ill  from a flesh eating bacteria of unknown origin or type.  The CDC  was involved and she was in the hospital alone and near death for months. 

Suddenly she reappeared on that Christian message board, almost nine months later, and I decided hey no more messing around here, being pleasant of a message board and then having her just  up 'n disappear. No more of that. So I am going to marry her! I courted her on the board and she me in return, we did so in code using  Youtube song videos on a thread that was just for fun on that board, Remember old love songs, mostly people reminiscing about the old days and really old music. I also lost 35 pounds getting in shape at the gym and walking five miles a day.

We never exchanged pictures or any personal information, just decided to meet at San Antonio at the River Walk for lunch and a talk and walk. Well a visit to the Alamo where she always cries and a horse and carriage ride,later and that was that done deal.  She is my spouse.

And oh boy, she is fixing food for dinner tonight right now- we are away  in the mountains and we just can't up and pick any one of several hundred restaurants to dine at  like we do  in the "city".

If I graduate she will likely mention it on this board, and if she graduates I will mention it on the old Christian message board where we met and she still frequents to this day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Messianic Jewish Expositor said:

I'm curious if anyone has insight into what kind of relationship, if any, a believing husband and believing wife will have in heaven.

I'm basing my question on :

Matthew 22:30 (NASB) 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Do you think this verse has significance for those of us who are already married?

I hope my special relationship with my wife does not end in heaven.

That's a very good question. I'm not about to say I'm correct on my view, but it's the way I think.

Adam was alone and needed a helper and human companionship; also they were to procreate and start populating the world as God intended; the Lord instituted marriage between one man and one woman. As the scripture plainly says as you quoted in Matthew 22:30, we will be married to the Lord Jesus Christ; as we are His bride and He is the Bridegroom. There will be no need any longer for procreation, as there will be untold millions going into eternity. The angels had no need to procreate; as the Lord created them in incalculable numbers.

Since there will be no former marriages recognize in Heaven and we're married to the Lord and His bride... I personally suspect we will love all our heavenly family equally with no former husband / wife special bonds or relationships? Don't know but have to wait and see.

1 Corinthians 13:12 (KJV) For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

37 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

she is fixing food for dinner tonight right now-

I got my own fork and spoon, hint hint. lol :)

blessing from a empty tum-tum

Much love in Christ, Not full :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Well, I had the experience of having a person of great interest disappear from another Christian Message  Board.  She just flat out disappeared. Turned out she was deathly ill  from a flesh eating bacteria of unknown origin or type.  The CDC  was involved and she was in the hospital alone and near death for months. 

Suddenly she reappeared on that Christian message board, almost nine months later, and I decided hey no more messing around here, being pleasant of a message board and then having her just  up 'n disappear. No more of that. So I am going to marry her! I courted her on the board and she me in return, we did so in code using  Youtube song videos on a thread that was just for fun on that board, Remember old love songs, mostly people reminiscing about the old days and really old music. I also lost 35 pounds getting in shape at the gym and walking five miles a day.

We never exchanged pictures or any personal information, just decided to meet at San Antonio at the River Walk for lunch and a talk and walk. Well a visit to the Alamo where she always cries and a horse and carriage ride,later and that was that done deal.  She is my spouse.

And oh boy, she is fixing food for dinner tonight right now- we are away  in the mountains and we just can't up and pick any one of several hundred restaurants to dine at  like we do  in the "city".

If I graduate she will likely mention it on this board, and if she graduates I will mention it on the old Christian message board where we met and she still frequents to this day.

Nice one. God brought you together it seems. I hope we can know what has happen to Noone7. He has been gone awhile.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

God bless you Jostler, love you bro.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1