Hobie_

How Comprehensive are the Ten Commandments?

Are they much more than what appears to be, well lets see what they cover.

"27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matthew 5:27-28.

The Jews were astonished and amazed at the words of Jesus, He was saying not only to obey in actions, but also in your heart and mind was part of keeping the Ten Commandments. The law was not exclusively for the benefit of the Jews, but for Gods creation. God honored them by making them the guardians and keepers of His law, but it was to be held as a sacred custody or trust for the whole world.

The precepts of the Ten Commandments are adapted to all of us, and they were given for the instruction and government of all. The Ten Commandments cover the duty of man to God and to his fellow man; and all based upon the fundamental principle of love.

“Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.” Luke 10:27.

The commandment “Thou shalt have no other gods before Me”, lays out that God is alone entitled to supreme reverence and worship. Man is forbidden to give to any other object the first place in his affections or his service.

The commandment “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them” forbids the worship of God by images or similitudes. Many claim that their images are mere figures or symbols by which the Lord God was worshiped, but God has declared such worship to be sin.

It is connected to the next commandment, “Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me. And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.” But now it lays out the suffering from the consequences of the parents wrongdoing, but they are not punished for the parents’ guilt, except as they participate in their sins. However we see how today, children walk in the steps of their parents. Thus by inheritance and example the sons are transmitted the iniquity and become partakers of the father’s sin.

The commandment, “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain”, prohibits not only false oaths that men may use to trick other men, but it forbids us to use the name of God in a light or careless manner, without regard to its great significance.

Now here is the commandment that many have forgotten, “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it” or disregard altogether. The Sabbath is not introduced as a new institution of worship but as having been founded at creation, so it is to be remembered and observed as the memorial of the Creator’s work.

This commandment, “Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee”, seems to be one of the easiest ones and yet we see today people breaking almost in every form.  God basically sets forth that children not only to give respect, submission, and obedience to their parents, but also to give them love and tenderness, to lighten their cares, to guard their reputation, and comfort them in old age.

The commandment, “Thou shalt not kill”, is not just not to murder, but covers the spirit of hatred and revenge, or the indulgence of any passion that leads to hateful acts toward others, or causes us even to wish them harm.

The commandment “Thou shalt not commit adultery” forbids not only acts of impurity, but sensual thoughts and desires, or any practice that tends to excite them.

The commandment, “Thou shalt not steal” is not only that known in public but private sins are included in this prohibition. It demands strict integrity in all aspects such as trade, debts or wages.

The commandment, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor", protects us all against the commitment of false accusations or unjust lawsuits.

The last commandment, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's", is one of the most prevalent sins today as we see almost anything possible advertised with the intent to make us covet and desire, things we may not even need, and many fall into sin just to acquire them.

The Ten Commandments are much more comprehensive than one might think....

• This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, Hobie_ said:

"27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matthew 5:27-28.

The Jews were astonished and amazed at the words of Jesus, He was saying not only to obey in actions, but also in your heart and mind was part of keeping the Ten Commandments. The law was not exclusively for the benefit of the Jews, but for Gods creation. God honored them by making them the guardians and keepers of His law, but it was to be held as a sacred custody or trust for the whole world.

The precepts of the Ten Commandments are adapted to all of us, and they were given for the instruction and government of all. The Ten Commandments cover the duty of man to God and to his fellow man; and all based upon the fundamental principle of love.

“Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.” Luke 10:27.

The commandment “Thou shalt have no other gods before Me”, lays out that God is alone entitled to supreme reverence and worship. Man is forbidden to give to any other object the first place in his affections or his service.

The commandment “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them” forbids the worship of God by images or similitudes. Many claim that their images are mere figures or symbols by which the Lord God was worshiped, but God has declared such worship to be sin.

It is connected to the next commandment, “Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me. And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.” But now it lays out the suffering from the consequences of the parents wrongdoing, but they are not punished for the parents’ guilt, except as they participate in their sins. However we see how today, children walk in the steps of their parents. Thus by inheritance and example the sons are transmitted the iniquity and become partakers of the father’s sin.

The commandment, “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain”, prohibits not only false oaths that men may use to trick other men, but it forbids us to use the name of God in a light or careless manner, without regard to its great significance.

Now here is the commandment that many have forgotten, “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it” or disregard altogether. The Sabbath is not introduced as a new institution of worship but as having been founded at creation, so it is to be remembered and observed as the memorial of the Creator’s work.

This commandment, “Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee”, seems to be one of the easiest ones and yet we see today people breaking almost in every form.  God basically sets forth that children not only to give respect, submission, and obedience to their parents, but also to give them love and tenderness, to lighten their cares, to guard their reputation, and comfort them in old age.

The commandment, “Thou shalt not kill”, is not just not to murder, but covers the spirit of hatred and revenge, or the indulgence of any passion that leads to hateful acts toward others, or causes us even to wish them harm.

The commandment “Thou shalt not commit adultery” forbids not only acts of impurity, but sensual thoughts and desires, or any practice that tends to excite them.

The commandment, “Thou shalt not steal” is not only that known in public but private sins are included in this prohibition. It demands strict integrity in all aspects such as trade, debts or wages.

The commandment, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor", protects us all against the commitment of false accusations or unjust lawsuits.

The last commandment, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's", is one of the most prevalent sins today as we see almost anything possible advertised with the intent to make us covet and desire, things we may not even need, and many fall into sin just to acquire them.

Yes, the Ten Commandments are everything we need to know today. 

Luk 10:26  He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
Luk 10:27  And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luk 10:28  And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

i would say fairly comprehensive since Jesus did not say believe once and be saved always, but rather do... and thou shalt live.  I know, I know.. some will shake their fist and not so, for that is works based salvation.  But you wont find Cletus denying Jesus' sayings.  cant say i recommend it either.  Truth is, if we have faith we will put it to work and see God's Faithfulness.  God will change us by His power in us and thru us to do His Word, and not be hearers only. 

if obedience is better than sacrifice, and yet we are told to be a living sacrifice what shall we conclude? 

10 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Luk 10:26  He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
Luk 10:27  And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luk 10:28  And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

i would say fairly comprehensive since Jesus did not say believe once and be saved always, but rather do... and thou shalt live.  I know, I know.. some will shake their fist and not so, for that is works based salvation.  But you wont find Cletus denying Jesus' sayings.  cant say i recommend it either.  Truth is, if we have faith we will put it to work and see God's Faithfulness.  God will change us by His power in us and thru us to do His Word, and not be hearers only. 

if obedience is better than sacrifice, and yet we are told to be a living sacrifice what shall we conclude? 

Well the way I present it is, you meet your love of your life, and want to do something to show your love, what do you do. Do you say, no my love is not 'worked base', so I will not send her flowers, take her out, or do anything to woo her, what will happen to the 'love of your life'. Hmmm.

• Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, Hobie_ said:

Well the way I present it is, you meet your love of your life, and want to do something to show your love, what do you do. Do you say, no my love is not 'worked base', so I will not send her flowers, take her out, or do anything to woo her, what will happen to the 'love of your life'. Hmmm.

thats a good way to put it.  not to debate/argue, but to boast in Him..  in all reality... it is us that gets woo-ed.  How He pursues us, even when we mess up.  how He comes after us, like the good shepherd leaves the 99.  How he shows us we are His.  How He showers us with Love, especially during those love feasts.   

Son 2:4  He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.
Son 2:5  Stay me with flagons, comfort me with apples: for I am sick of love.
Son 2:6  His left hand is under my head, and his right hand doth embrace me.

The Book tells us we will be judged by everything we do and every word we speak.  our words may lie, and we may even believe it.  and we can know our words are a lie if our actions do not match up.  but when our words and actions run parallel... you know you are worshiping in Spirit and Truth then. 

20 hours ago, Hobie_ said:

The great and first commandment is to love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and a there is another like it, that we should love our neighbors as ourselves. On these two commandments are based the law and prophets. That is rather comprehensive. The Lord gives us other commandments to clarify these two, I believe.

8 hours ago, Cletus said:

thats a good way to put it.  not to debate/argue, but to boast in Him..  in all reality... it is us that gets woo-ed.  How He pursues us, even when we mess up.  how He comes after us, like the good shepherd leaves the 99.  How he shows us we are His.  How He showers us with Love, especially during those love feasts.   

Son 2:4  He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.
Son 2:5  Stay me with flagons, comfort me with apples: for I am sick of love.
Son 2:6  His left hand is under my head, and his right hand doth embrace me.

The Book tells us we will be judged by everything we do and every word we speak.  our words may lie, and we may even believe it.  and we can know our words are a lie if our actions do not match up.  but when our words and actions run parallel... you know you are worshiping in Spirit and Truth then. 

Well that's what many Christians are doing today, saying I am not going to 'obey' God by doing any 'works'.

• Similar Content

• By Behold
      Saint,

If you've been invested, over time, on any Christian Forum, then you have come to the realization, that about 30% of the people who use a Christian Forum are sincere, and sincerely interested in learning more, growing more, and want to use a Christian Forum, for these reasons. But then, you have the other 70% who live on these forums, with no desire to learn, but only a desire to fight, create chaos, and if possible, create confusion within someone else's belief system, regarding their Salvation.
      And the worst of these offenders, are Legalists. And you need to protect yourself from their poisonous heretical bible twisting mania, as it can infect you, and truly harm your walk with the Lord , and more.

Lets get to it.

So,... Your New Testament explains that you are to "Discern", .. And this is related to life situations, personal desire, purpose in life, but it also means you are to do it with other people and certainly with other Christians.
      The scripture that supports this is : 1 Corinthians 2:15.
      Saint, being able to discern will keep you safe in life, and will keep you from being led into dark theology that many on a Christian forum would have you believe, to your hurt.
      Now, how do you discern if a person is a Legalist? Well, here are the classic signs.....
      First, this heretic will live and obsess on the Old Testament, and also on only 3 books in the new Testament.

1. Hebrews Chapters 4...6....10.
      2. James
      3. Matthew

Next, this heretic will try to convince you that you can Lose your Salvation. They will be found on a Christian forum, or anywhere, trying to do this to other believers.
      They will start Threads, they will endlessly rant and post, always using the Old Testament, James, Hebrews, and Matthew.
      Pay attention to this.
      You'll begin to discern it.

Next, they will always talk about works, commandments, enduring to the end, dead faith, holding onto your faith, and never will they be able to deal with Pauline Theology, or believe that Salvation is completed.
      They will never accept Grace without the condition of WORKS being added to it, to "keep you saved".
      "Yes, i know that Jesus shed His blood to save us....BUT, here is the rest of the commandments, enduring to the end, holding unto your faith, confessing your sins.....that you must DO< to STAY SAVED">..

Discern this Saint, as you will be hearing all about it, very soon.

Now keep in mind that the Legalist, does not believe that God & Christ will KEEP THEM SAVED.....so, their entire Christianity is a bitter, joyless, self effort to do it for themselves, and this is why they are endlessly trying to convince you that you need to be doing it also.
      They believe that you can lose your salvation, because they find it impossible to TRUST that God and Christ, will keep them Saved.
      They read Philippians 1:6, that explains that God started their salvation IN THEM< and will complete it.....and they refuse to accept this, as they are convinced that they need to keep themselves saved, = "Self- Righteousness".
      They read Hebrews 12:2, that says that Jesus started their Faith and will complete/perfect it, and they refuse to accept this, and instead will try to keep themselves saved by "holding unto their faith".

Understand, that Faith does not save you.. but rather God SAVES YOU thru your faith.
      Faith is not the Savior.....The Savior is Christ on the Cross.
      Faith does not save you, but rather God giving you His righteousness, and HAS, if you are born again, makes you acceptable to Him, is what is saving you, right this very second.

So, i mention that you are to discern any teacher, and the best way to discern them, is to find out what they believe about Salvation, and in fact, if they even understand it.
      Consider that if a person does not understand God's Grace, (Salvation), then how can they understand anything else in a New Testament.
      As obviously, if you dont understand Grace, The Atonement, Justification by Faith, then how can you understand anything else that matters, regarding the New Testament, and "sound doctrine"?
      Our New Testament, tells us to "establish our Hearts, with Grace"...Hebrews 13:9
      This means to nail down, what Paul has taught us as "sound doctrine" regarding "Justification by Faith", so that you are not led astray by heretics.

Rest assured that if you are ever going to grow in Grace, and receive more revelation and New Testament understanding, then you have to study, not read, but study, Paul's epistles.
      And not just a little bit....
      As this Apostle, is the only one that Jesus chose to personally give to you what you know that is "Church Doctrine"
      Everything that a real student of the word needs to know, that matters, that is the "main thing", "sound doctrine" "church doctrine" ...= you will find and discover by studying the words of Paul.
      Paul is the only apostle who told you to "be a follower of ME, as I follow Christ"... 1 Corinthians 11:1
      IN 2nd Peter, Peter says that Paul's letters are "scripture", and equal to the Torah. (OT).
      Imagine an apostle saying that another apostles letters are equal to SCRIPTURE, the word of GOD. But that is he wrote, as that is a fact.
      This is why most of our NT< is composed by Paul.
      So, this is one more way for you to discern a Christian's soundness, and accuracy, and truthfulness, regarding what they believe. Notice if they are of the understanding that Paul's Theology, and His Epistles matter most to the believer, regarding understanding what God wants you to know, ...."sound doctrine"..."church doctrine".
      Legalists, have a spiritual blindness toward's Paul. They will twist one or 2 verses of his verses to try to teach you that you can lose it....but, they have no grounding in his Theology, are not familiar with his letters, and will never be, as Paul is the one that explains in Galatians 1:8 that they and their theology, are "cursed of God". And Saint, when you run into one of these, and they are foaming at the mouth to try to get you to doubt your eternal security, and they are only too happy to TRY to convince you that you can lose you salvation.....you remember what i have told you in my 3 Legalism Threads, and you can discern these heretics and protect yourself and your family.

Now, its a good idea if you discern me.
      You should try.
      See, i have no fear of this, and welcome your examination.
      Here is what i do......I give God and Christ full credit for saving me and keeping me saved.
      I give them full credit for Salvation.
      I would not dare pretend that i can save myself or keep myself saved by my works, or anything that i can ever do, such as keeping laws, confessing sin, or keeping commandments, or enduring to the end, or any of this phony baloney, self righteousness.
      I know who the Savior is, and its not ME.
      I would never try to talk you out of your salvation, or cause you to have doubts about your salvation being completed, "in Christ".
      I would never have you living your Christian life, in fear, worried that you might go to hell if you don't do certain things and maintain a certain lifestyle.
      See, God didnt save you because of what you would or would not do LATER, after you are SAVED....He only saved you and keeps you saved because of what Jesus the Christ did for you on a Cross that has Redeemed you, for eternity.
      Thats IT.
      Bottom LINE.

So, now, also discern my understanding of Salvation, as i explain it simply.

The issue is RIGHTEOUSNESS.
      We dont have any, of ourselves, ours is "filthy rags" according to Paul and the book of Romans,.....and this condition that we are born into, is called...."LOST".
      "Lost", means, in Christian Terms, that our unholiness has created a disconnect and a division between us and Holy GOD.
      So, to solve this disconnect, and to build an eternal bridge between Himself and us, He offers a means, whereby we can have His very Righteous, for ourselves.
      And this Righteousness, is "Christ's righteousness".
      Without it, we are lost and bound for hell.
      But with it, we are delivered from Eternal Judgment , = hell = Lake of Fire.
      So, God wrapped Himself in Human flesh, was born of a Virgin, and Jesus as God and fully man, was manifested in the flesh to save us. 1 Timothy 3:16
      "Save us", means, God as Christ lived a holy life AS A MAN, sinless, which resolved the issue of the Law, that was judging us as unrighteous and lost.
      On the Cross, shedding His Blood, ...God as Jesus the Christ, bore our sin's and removed the law from its capacity to judge us in eternity.
      Christ rejectors will face God as Judge, and the Born Again, meet God as their FATHER..."abba".
      God then, (as we hear the Gospel and believe in Christ), takes our sin and lets Christ die for it, and He takes Christ's righteousness, and imparts it to us, gives it to us, so that we become Born again, new creatures, and have now the very Righteousness of Christ, as OUR Righteousness.
      And from that moment, (born again) God never again imputs our sins to us....Romans 4:8, and we are "accepted in the beloved", we are family members, for eternity, and nothing can change this, because its all provided for us, and given to us, and kept for us for FREE.
      Philippians 1:6

• By Behold
      When you were born again, you became a part of God's eternal family.
      Your status, eternal, changed, from "hell bound, lost, unbeliever".... to Redeemed, Child of God, Child of Light, Born again, and also this......"joint HEIR with Jesus".
      So, getting your head wrapped around this eternal reality,....truly wrapped around it, is game changing, is path changing, is Theology Changing, is, life changing.
      Now....lets start with the word "Heir".
      This means, in the biblical context, that...> whatever Jesus is, and whatever God has, is all yours.
      All of it.
      This is why your NT tells you...>"""As Jesus IS, so are we (born again) in THIS world"""......not later, not just in heaven, but already, right now.
      You, the born again, have become this....."IN Christ"......and this means, "connected to, as ONE", with God and with Christ.
      So here are some verses to help you to grab this amazing status that you have BECOME now that God has re-evalauated your worth and family membership, based on the shed blood of Jesus The Christ.
      Romans 8:2....."God that spared not his own Son, but delivered Him up for US all, shall God not >with him< also freely give us all things....""""
      Now, do you see that phrase?..... "WITH HIM"..... and why does this matter the most of all?.......It matters because all the promises of God are IN HIM, in JESUS......so, the verse is teaching you to understand it like this...
      "with Him came all that is now YOURS, because what He IS, and what He can DO, and what He Possesses, comes WITH HIM, and He is IN YOU< and you are IN HIM......."in Christ".
      This simply and wonderfully means that "all the good that comes with Christ....healing, revelation, joy, power, gifts, resurrection, eternal life, favor, prosperity.....all this comes WITH HIM as your SALVATION, as all this is a part of Him, and it is now IN YOU, because He is in you, and you are ... "in Christ".
      What is His, is YOURS.....and this will never ever change.
      Glory to God !
      This is why you, the born again, are now titled by God  a "joint heir' of ALL that Christ has, and all that God has......as it ALL comes WITH THEM, and they are IN YOU, and you are IN THEM.
      1st Corin 3:23 says that "all are YOURS...(all they have)....because ... You are Christ's and Christ is Gods...""
      We are "ONE"......"one body"...."one Church".....
      Now, what this Good NEWS means for you.....is...........when you need help, when you need healing, when you need love, when you need light, when you need anything..... realize that because you belong to God, all that He Is, ....= belongs to you, just like it belongs to Christ who IS ALL of it..
      And because you have Him "In Christ", and because All that He is comes with Him, then you always have free access, as a "joint heir" to ALL that God and Chrst ARE....., and that is why "as Jesus IS, so are YOU< (right now) in THIS World."""
      So, grab this reality.....believe this truth......trust this with all your heart, and let this absolute wonder of God's Amazing Grace  be your strength and your joy and your Faith.

• By Omegaman 3.0
      Daily Reading 28 If you prefer, you can look up the following verses in your own Bible, of by whatever means and in whatever version you choose. Luke 20:27-47 Genesis 37 Psalm 28 Audio 5:07 Audio 4:56 Audio 1:28 The above addresses are linked to Bible Gateway. That is an easy way to read (or listen to) the Bible verses, and choose your version.  Personally, I prefer written, that way I can go at my own pace, on think about it, before moving on. Nothing wrong with doing either or both. The Bible says faith comes by hearing. See the picture below to get an idea of what to expect if you follow the above links.

Note: The audio will not play the exact verses, it will play the whole chapters, in which the verses exist.
      Thank you Lord for making the your word so accessible for us in these times. Amen

• By Jonathan BeWell
      Dear Lord, in Jesus Christ's name I pray.   Welcome Holy Spirit, embody this nation, government and military. God bless Donald Trump, keep him protected, helped and leading your nation strong and free. God bless Justin Trudeau, bend his will to yours, humble him and teach him what he needs to know of You. Thank you Lord for the peace talks in Korea! This is an appreciated answer to so many pleading prayers! We pray for the same peace and understanding in Cameroon, please have mercy and save its people. Please forgive us of all our sins. Especially excuse evil where we oppose, mock and vilify You. Please Lord, we know not what we do. Bless and revive us Lord, thy kingdom come. Put us through the painful process of cleansing this world, nation, generation and church of backsliding, sleepiness, enemies within, blasphemy, watering down of God's truth, word and law. Prune and throw such chaff into the lake of fire. Have us accept and cherish your free gift of salvation and eternal life immediately through your Son's sacrifice in place of our sin debt. May we all pray for this in our life now! Heal, restore and revive your body of Christ saved to do good works in the Lord. May we be light, salt and disciples to this desperate world. Hallelujah, he is risen, he is risen indeed!   I pray this sincerely for all lost, enemies and loved ones in Jesus Christ's name, amen!   GregoryB
    • By Thomas Eidsaa
      Hi everyone! Does Christianity have essential deeds? No. We have salvation. While other religions grow out of deeds; never resting assured in your salvation; deeds in christianity grow out from deep personal relationship and conviction.
      We have f.i the 7 pillars of Islam.
      I`m a bit of a student myself, so I tried finding what the Bible says is essential. For; in Norway; we have 3 B`s. Bible, Bønn (prayer in english) , and Brødsbrytelse (Sacred Communion) .
      So to my astonishment; I found 7 deeds that all start with a B in norwegian. I considered this a miracle.
      I list those here.
      1. Bekjennelse/Confessing; the christian faith, or becoming christian, and confessing sins.

2. Bønn/Prayer; for yourself, countries, loved ones etc facing Jerusalem 3 times a day. Your intimate life with God. Worship either through soaking, singing, praising God in nature, or art each day.

3. Bibel/Bible. Read the Bible, and study the works, and secrets of God`s hand in creation.

4. Bud/The commandments. Meditate on them, and keep them throughout the day; it helps us having God as our first priority, first love and focus.

5. Brorsfelleskap/Fellowship. Attending church. Being with Christian friends. Bible study. Cell groups.

6. Brødsbrytelse/The sacred communion.

7. Befalingen/The Great Commision. Preach the gospel to the ends of the Earth.
      What do you think of this list? And if you liked it; is there something to add?

Yours sincerely.