• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,009
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,202
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Thing is we have talked about this to my aunt, those are her grandkids, and not much has been resolved. 

As much as it's burning inside me to speak... I think its best not to because 1) its not my place and 2) thinking about it makes me so angry i literally want to scream at the kids, aunt and my brother for allowing it. So I'm not in the right mindset to to confront because everything will come out wrong.

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yes its hard bc jt just seems my aunt is taking advantage of him which I find sad.So he's caught up thinking he's following God when imo he's just following her. My brother is pretty much 30. Idk if or when he'll ever wake up.

But i will stand up for myself and baby. Kids will never run me or tell me what to do or when to do it. Ever.  

However my mom has been the most vocal about it and gets the kids together making them sit in 1 spot if they dont behave and just puts them in a child's place where they belong. But now they wait till my mom goes to work to come over smh.

Something just came to me, a different way to approach this situation.   If you feel led, try it....

Why not put on some worship music or even some good preaching while they are there?   Either they will leave....or else they will be helped by what they hear!   Dr. David Jeremiah is a good preacher...I am listening to him every Sunday late night on TV.   He is also on YouTube.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Debp said:

Something just came to me, a different way to approach this situation.   If you feel led, try it....

Why not put on some worship music or even some good preaching while they are there?   Either they will leave....or else they will be helped by what they hear!   Dr. David Jeremiah is a good preacher...I am listening to him every Sunday late night on TV.   He is also on YouTube.

Its not my place its my brother's when they're over they play videogames of just watch tv. Plus what they're listening to drowns out everything else.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 2

7 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Its not my place its my brother's when they're over they play videogames of just watch tv. Plus what they're listening to drowns out everything else.

After your baby is born, I think they will most probably be told to be quieter, don't you think?

3 hours ago, Debp said:

After your baby is born, I think they will most probably be told to be quieter, don't you think?

Hopefully but im still apalled at them coming over at 1a so i definitely don't know how things will go.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,381
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Please do stay in prayer about it, but don't be afraid to voice your concerns. People shouldn't be staying up so late that they could disrupt the sleep of people bringing money into the house.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, AnOrangeCat said:

Please do stay in prayer about it, but don't be afraid to voice your concerns. People shouldn't be staying up so late that they could disrupt the sleep of people bringing money into the house.

I mean i have voiced my concerns and not much was done. However when my baby gets here ill be very vocal. I tried being nice and that does nothing. 

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Put a lock on the fridge. Use parental controls to block every channel that isn't educational. Buy an accordian and tell them that they can't listen to the radio because you have to practice your polka music. Unplug the playstation and imply that the batteries must've run dry of juice. If they try to speak to you, just start telling them random facts about bees and correcting their grammar. 

On a serious note, i'd merely ask your brother to disallow late night visits. If they really do interfere with people's sleep, then that is reason enough. That way they can be over, but never too late in the evening. Take it one little baby step at a time, and maybe he will see that it's far more peaceful without company about constantly. I'd wager he's worried about being unkind or rude, but then what they're doing is unkind and rude, so go figure.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dr3032 said:

Put a lock on the fridge. Use parental controls to block every channel that isn't educational. Buy an accordian and tell them that they can't listen to the radio because you have to practice your polka music. Unplug the playstation and imply that the batteries must've run dry of juice. If they try to speak to you, just start telling them random facts about bees and correcting their grammar. 

On a serious note, i'd merely ask your brother to disallow late night visits. If they really do interfere with people's sleep, then that is reason enough. That way they can be over, but never too late in the evening. Take it one little baby step at a time, and maybe he will see that it's far more peaceful without company about constantly. I'd wager he's worried about being unkind or rude, but then what they're doing is unkind and rude, so go figure.

I really had to laugh, especially about the polka music!

But seriously, I agree her brother should speak up that the late night visits are disrupting sleep habits.

9 hours ago, dr3032 said:

I have told my brother. The only one he listens to is my mom. The kids are over today-- my mom told them they could only stay an hour. They arrived at 8p now its 9p...just seeing how long my brother will let them stay without me saying/ reminding him they need to go home. 

My mom said she was gonna move in November-- im gonna keep bugging her to just make the move because this is not it. Ill help by taking out student loans and getting tanf if i have to...a peace of mind is priceless.

• Praise God! 1

6 hours ago, Debp said:

I really had to laugh, especially about the polka music!

But seriously, I agree her brother should speak up that the late night visits are disrupting sleep habits.

Also. My brother listens to whatever my aunt says no matter what. She def has a hold on him which i find ridiculous-- I feel at 30 years old there's no help for him. Ive tried to tell him he shouldn't be controlled like that but to no avail. 

I dont think he'll ever wake up. 

EDIT: The kids left on time. Im very happy about that. However this only gets done when either my mom or dad is here. Theyre both here so they were well behaved and left on time because they don't tolerate that mess.

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Thumbs Up 1