An  Interesting Observation

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  6

This is interesting......let me think this out....

So you think those who believe in a post Trib also believe OSAS is false. Interesting. I never thought about putting those together. 

I can see it kind of making sense though. The people who believe in post Trib are thinking they have to persevere and fight until the end to survive. 

It appears that kind of mentality is similar in believing you have to ENDURE TO THE END for ones salvation.

So yes, I do believe you could be right.....the greater % of people who are post tribbers probably are not OSAS advocates. 

Great observation, amigo! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

35 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

In Jesus’ teaching about no one knows the day or hour of His coming He teaches about an evil servant:

Therefore watch; for you do not know what hour your Lord comes.  But know this, that if the steward of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched and would not have allowed his house to be dug through.  Therefore you also be ready, for in that hour you think not, the Son of Man comes.  Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his Lord has made ruler over His household, to give them food in due season?  Blessed is that servant whom his Lord shall find him doing so when He comes.  Truly I say to you that He shall make him ruler over all His goods.  But if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My Lord delays His coming,   and shall begin to strike his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunken, 

the Lord of that servant shall come in a day when he does not look for Him, and in an hour which he does not know.  And He shall cut him apart and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matt 24:42-51 

That evil servant says, in his heart, …that means the evil servant has made a decision as to when his master was to return, ignoring what Jesus said,…NO ONE knows the day or hour, and it didn’t occur, …the Lord delays His coming.

So what does Jesus say this evil servant does, …he strikes his fellow servants.

Which tells us the evil servant was not about the business the master had left for him to do,

i.e.

…instead of preaching the Gospel to the lost he has his own personal agenda,

…he profess to be a servant of the Master, but doesn’t exhibit, manifest any Holy Spirit Agape love towards his fellow servants,

…and he gave himself over to the pleasures of this world, …and, instead of humbling himself and considering/esteeming the other servants more higher than himself when/in serving his Master.

So how does that play out at Worthy?

Isn’t is an interesting observation that those that preach against a pre-Trib rapture of the Bride of Christ fall into the same camp who preach against OSAS, and…, they are the most vehement in condemning those that do believe in the pre-Trib rapture and OSAS, …is it not true that most of the heated disputes between supposed brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ are about these two subjects?

Nah, …it’s just coincidence…

They could be related. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Hate to burst any bubbles here but I know many folks, even on this site, who are not pretrib and are osas. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

In Jesus’ teaching about no one knows the day or hour of His coming He teaches about an evil servant:

Therefore watch; for you do not know what hour your Lord comes.  But know this, that if the steward of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched and would not have allowed his house to be dug through.  Therefore you also be ready, for in that hour you think not, the Son of Man comes.  Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his Lord has made ruler over His household, to give them food in due season?  Blessed is that servant whom his Lord shall find him doing so when He comes.  Truly I say to you that He shall make him ruler over all His goods.  But if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My Lord delays His coming,   and shall begin to strike his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunken, 

the Lord of that servant shall come in a day when he does not look for Him, and in an hour which he does not know.  And He shall cut him apart and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matt 24:42-51 

That evil servant says, in his heart, …that means the evil servant has made a decision as to when his master was to return, ignoring what Jesus said,…NO ONE knows the day or hour, and it didn’t occur, …the Lord delays His coming.

So what does Jesus say this evil servant does, …he strikes his fellow servants.

Which tells us the evil servant was not about the business the master had left for him to do,

i.e.

…instead of preaching the Gospel to the lost he has his own personal agenda,

…he profess to be a servant of the Master, but doesn’t exhibit, manifest any Holy Spirit Agape love towards his fellow servants,

…and he gave himself over to the pleasures of this world, …and, instead of humbling himself and considering/esteeming the other servants more higher than himself when/in serving his Master.

So how does that play out at Worthy?

Isn’t is an interesting observation that those that preach against a pre-Trib rapture of the Bride of Christ fall into the same camp who preach against OSAS, and…, they are the most vehement in condemning those that do believe in the pre-Trib rapture and OSAS, …is it not true that most of the heated disputes between supposed brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ are about these two subjects?

Nah, …it’s just coincidence…

What the evil servant lacked was wisdom...and the fear of the Lord. He was fooled into inactivity and a false security through a misuse and abuse of grace.

Imagine a good works factory...or ...we'll call it a furniture factory. (Furnishing good works)

Now under the law there were task masters who pushed the workers and made them do certain quotas...and hounded them without rest. There was a required amount of work...and workers would shuffle half-willingly (or not) to their labours. AND you had to LOOK busy. There was a lot of show involved. And very little joy in the work.

But under grace the task masters are removed and a perfect freedom reigns whereby the workers are free to produce at whatever pace they think is right. They are encouraged to put their heart and soul into the company and promised a share of the rewards if all goes well.

But some of the workers take advantage of there being no supervision and no quota of work to do and begin to live it up, playing cards and video games all day...not producing any furniture. Worse still some of the workers start to disrupt things and play pranks and bully others due to the lack of discipline and supervision.

So when the owner of the factory comes at an unsuspecting time and finds that his workers have turned his factory into an arcade...he will fire those workers and throw them out on their ear.

Grace is meant to get us to put our whole heart and mind into the work. We are not just to make furniture...but beautiful furniture. It is a chance to give our all to God. A better quality of product. We as people do better work when we are inspired from within to do well. Just look at the Communist system with all it's guarantees regardless of quotas. Where was the quality?

Grace takes away the quotas and also the guarantees. Grace leaves things open. We are given freedom...and we will be judged by our work. The work we did in the freedom that was given to us. God is expecting that we will give our all...like Mary who "wasted" all that costly perfume on Jesus' head. Did she do a required amount by the law?

NO. She gave ALL. Grace is meant to inspire our ALL. God is not looking for a certain quota from us...He wants our ALL. The NT is about ALL. The OT was about a tithe under the law. But the NT is always ALL.

So then grace is not based on a rigid law but on quantum law...not a certain amount or percentage...but ALL. Those who hold back from the Lord are in danger of rejection...from God's all.

So then what is the wisest and safest belief to hold? Well we are to believe that the Lord could come back at any moment and be always ready and producing good furniture. Watch and pray as Jesus said.

And the wisest choice is NOT OSAS since we are to fear the Lord and realize that God didn't spare the original factory workers but fired them...and He will also do that to ourselves unless we take His grace for what it is meant for...a better production and not a false sense of security no matter what we do.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • This is Worthy 1

7 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

I don’t believe in rapture theories.  Jesus will return at the 7th trump.  

…and, guess what?  I just happen to believe in eternal security.

IMG_1005.GIF.41476f7d8f6528a8598ea6f848ae1f1f.GIF

I gave you a “heart” even though I believe you are in error about your rapture timing (7th trump).  I believe you will find out the truth when you are called up BEFORE any trumpets are blown!  The “heart” is given to show we are not separated by beliefs in any non essential doctrines......Satan will not use that to divide us. 

Cheers

PS. I believe you NAILED THE eternal security doctrine though....100%

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

1 minute ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Lol… Here’s the :emot-heartbeat: right back atcha …even though we disagree. :)

Thanks! ❤️

Im sure God knew beforehand this topic, like many other non essential topics,  would cause “division” within the Body of Christ......but I believe it is up to us to apply Christ’s greater teaching.....”They will know me by your love for one another (Body of Christ)......”

When we get that down watch satan flee........unfortunately he has gotten a lot of miles out of dividing us over doctrines. Sigh! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

4 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

Love ya, Spock! :D