An  Interesting Observation

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Polycarp was a disciple of the Apostle John, Irenaeus was a disciple or Polycarp, on and on. All had their own hermeneutics of scripture and different views in non essential areas. They all strongly believed and were united in the core tenets of our faith and the Gospel. Satan the father of lies; comes to devour, confuse, deceive, kill and destroy. Satan couldn't contaminate the bloodline of of Christ nor prevent His coming. The devil already has his own, so today Satan attacks God's word, Christians and the churches to divide them and cause apostasy, confusion and division. Satan knows the Bible also, and a house divided can not stand. 

Back at y'all  :heart:

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

In Jesus’ teaching about no one knows the day or hour of His coming He teaches about an evil servant:

Therefore watch; for you do not know what hour your Lord comes.  But know this, that if the steward of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched and would not have allowed his house to be dug through.  Therefore you also be ready, for in that hour you think not, the Son of Man comes.  Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his Lord has made ruler over His household, to give them food in due season?  Blessed is that servant whom his Lord shall find him doing so when He comes.  Truly I say to you that He shall make him ruler over all His goods.  But if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My Lord delays His coming,   and shall begin to strike his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunken, 

the Lord of that servant shall come in a day when he does not look for Him, and in an hour which he does not know.  And He shall cut him apart and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matt 24:42-51 

That evil servant says, in his heart, …that means the evil servant has made a decision as to when his master was to return, ignoring what Jesus said,…NO ONE knows the day or hour, and it didn’t occur, …the Lord delays His coming.

So what does Jesus say this evil servant does, …he strikes his fellow servants.

Which tells us the evil servant was not about the business the master had left for him to do,

i.e.

…instead of preaching the Gospel to the lost he has his own personal agenda,

…he profess to be a servant of the Master, but doesn’t exhibit, manifest any Holy Spirit Agape love towards his fellow servants,

…and he gave himself over to the pleasures of this world, …and, instead of humbling himself and considering/esteeming the other servants more higher than himself when/in serving his Master.

So how does that play out at Worthy?

Isn’t is an interesting observation that those that preach against a pre-Trib rapture of the Bride of Christ fall into the same camp who preach against OSAS, and…, they are the most vehement in condemning those that do believe in the pre-Trib rapture and OSAS, …is it not true that most of the heated disputes between supposed brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ are about these two subjects?

Nah, …it’s just coincidence…

Is this a round-about way to say certain doctrinal viewpoints create wicked servants?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

1 minute ago, pg4Him said:

Is this a round-about way to say certain doctrinal viewpoints create wicked servants?

Nope, ...like I said, it's just an observation, I didn't write it, Jesus said it, ...so obviously He must of had a point to make.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Nope, ...like I said, it's just an observation, I didn't write it, Jesus said it, ...so obviously He must of had a point to make.

Jesus had a point to make about people who reject OSAS? I missed that in the parable.

If people who reject OSAS used a parable of wicked servants with an ‘observation’ that it seemed to mirror OSAS proponents, would you really not think it was a passive-aggressive way to call someone a wicked servant?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

53 minutes ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

I love you, David!!:heart:

I love him more!  Hehe

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Okay - okay... :wub: @Sonshine☀️, and @Spock, I gotta gives ya both a big ol' squishy hug! :bighug2:

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

16 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

In Jesus’ teaching about no one knows the day or hour of His coming He teaches about an evil servant:

Therefore watch; for you do not know what hour your Lord comes.  But know this, that if the steward of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched and would not have allowed his house to be dug through.  Therefore you also be ready, for in that hour you think not, the Son of Man comes.  Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his Lord has made ruler over His household, to give them food in due season?  Blessed is that servant whom his Lord shall find him doing so when He comes.  Truly I say to you that He shall make him ruler over all His goods.  But if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My Lord delays His coming,   and shall begin to strike his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunken, 

the Lord of that servant shall come in a day when he does not look for Him, and in an hour which he does not know.  And He shall cut him apart and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matt 24:42-51 

That evil servant says, in his heart, …that means the evil servant has made a decision as to when his master was to return, ignoring what Jesus said,…NO ONE knows the day or hour, and it didn’t occur, …the Lord delays His coming.

So what does Jesus say this evil servant does, …he strikes his fellow servants.

Which tells us the evil servant was not about the business the master had left for him to do,

i.e.

…instead of preaching the Gospel to the lost he has his own personal agenda,

…he profess to be a servant of the Master, but doesn’t exhibit, manifest any Holy Spirit Agape love towards his fellow servants,

…and he gave himself over to the pleasures of this world, …and, instead of humbling himself and considering/esteeming the other servants more higher than himself when/in serving his Master.

So how does that play out at Worthy?

Isn’t is an interesting observation that those that preach against a pre-Trib rapture of the Bride of Christ fall into the same camp who preach against OSAS, and…, they are the most vehement in condemning those that do believe in the pre-Trib rapture and OSAS, …is it not true that most of the heated disputes between supposed brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ are about these two subjects?

Nah, …it’s just coincidence…

I believe in post trib. But believe if your born of the spirit you will never lose your salvation through christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

On 7/14/2019 at 4:09 AM, pg4Him said:

No, it's an observation, ...not some way to attack, class or name people!

So, please, feel free to exegete Matt 24:42-51, and then we can make an observation from your exegesis so that we can learn what point/lesson Jesus was making for us today.

Lord bless