• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

My recent dentist appointment went well. The last time I had a check-up three years ago there was no work required, and likewise this time there was no work required also. As I drove away from the clinic the Holy Spirit prompted me to drive to the nearby mega-shopping-complex and walk to the end of one of the malls where a " 60% off " clothing sale was taking place. Until I saw this sale I had no intention of buying anything other than a book of 10 postage stamps before I returned home from my dentist appointment.

After perusing the clothes on offer with no real idea of what I should buy I had a sense that the Holy Spirit was guiding me to eliminate certain items from selection until finally I chose a sleeveless puffer vest and a high quality woollen sweater. When I mentioned this shopping experience to some friends and emphasised that I believed the Holy Spirit orchestrated it, one of them affirmed my belief by quoting this Scripture emboldened below:

Mat 6:25-34
(25)  "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
(26)  Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
(27)  Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
(28)  "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;
(29)  and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
(30)  Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
(31)  "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'

(32)  For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
(33)  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
(34)  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/14/2019 at 2:41 AM, Michael37 said:

My recent dentist appointment went well. The last time I had a check-up three years ago there was no work required, and likewise this time there was no work required also. As I drove away from the clinic the Holy Spirit prompted me to drive to the nearby mega-shopping-complex and walk to the end of one of the malls where a " 60% off " clothing sale was taking place. Until I saw this sale I had no intention of buying anything other than a book of 10 postage stamps before I returned home from my dentist appointment.

After perusing the clothes on offer with no real idea of what I should buy I had a sense that the Holy Spirit was guiding me to eliminate certain items from selection until finally I chose a sleeveless puffer vest and a high quality woollen sweater. When I mentioned this shopping experience to some friends and emphasised that I believed the Holy Spirit orchestrated it, one of them affirmed my belief by quoting this Scripture emboldened below:

Mat 6:25-34
(25)  "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
(26)  Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
(27)  Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
(28)  "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;
(29)  and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
(30)  Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
(31)  "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'

(32)  For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
(33)  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
(34)  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Inappropriate comment, please forgive, I read your name wrong. 

Once again, please forgive. 

My apologies. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

How bout shopping for Jesus ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

26 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

My mom, bless her heart, did this a number of times for those who were financially strapped, and could not afford something that was essential for them at that time. For instance, a suit for the piano player at church, he had nothing in his pockets for even a love offering, a custom fitted under garment for a young lady who was a special sized person, the list goes on...  

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

My mom, bless her heart, did this a number of times for those who were financially strapped, and could not afford something that was essential for them at that time. For instance, a suit for the piano player at church, he had nothing in his pockets for even a love offering, a custom fitted under garment for a young lady who was a special sized person, the list goes on...  

My mom sold a house to help her relative, it was supposed to be rented to feed us monthly, we were not even rich. It costs 150 thousand US dollars equivalent currency.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

18 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

I get your point and I operate as a charity so that's a given.  Thanks for the thought from your heart.