• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi fellow posters,
under the new regulation, it's impossible for atheists to answer posts in the visible sections.
Here  is why, according to George.

If someone has anger in his heart - anger about atheists - please air it elsewhere, because here, in my opinion, we can't have a reasonable discussion about it without them having a say.
When you want to say they'll have a bad destiny after death... please make sure that noone can understand your post in a way that you feel indifferent (or even happy) towards it.
Please don't resort to any other condescending remarks about them, since they can't answer them.

The goal is to invite people to faith .... not to keep them off. Luke 14:16-24

Regards,
Thomas
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Praying! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member

Hi Ayin,

no, you get me wrong. I don't have any complaints about what George has done. And I don't rebel against the new regulation, I accept it wholeheartedly given the circumstances that George has described.

My issue here is how to deal with the new situation.

3 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

George has stated why and he is led by the Lord with this ministry?

yes, I think so.

Thomas

• Praying! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

15 minutes ago, thomas t said:
Hi fellow posters,
under the new regulation, it's impossible for atheists to answer posts in the visible sections.
Here  is why, according to George.

If someone has anger in his heart - anger about atheists - please air it elsewhere, because here, in my opinion, we can't have a reasonable discussion about it without them having a say.
When you want to say they'll have a bad destiny after death... please make sure that noone can understand your post in a way that you feel indifferent (or even happy) towards it.
Please don't resort to any other condescending remarks about them, since they can't answer them.

The goal is to invite people to faith .... not to keep them off. Luke 14:16-24

Regards,
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

What sort of things across a spectrum of intentions do you think atheists hope to achieve by posting on a designated Christian forum?

• Loved it! 1

1 minute ago, Michael37 said:

What sort of things across a spectrum of intentions do you think atheists hope to achieve by posting on a designated Christian forum?

Hi Michael,

I can't read their minds. It would be wrong to lump them all together saying they all have bad intentions. There might be some who have. However, generalizing is wrong, in my opinion.

Thomas

• Praying! 1

2 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Can an atheist really contribute to a thread on biblical topics?

Thank you for that question.

However, that's not the topic of this thread, as I imagined it to be. Maybe I didn't make my thoughts clear enough.

This thread is about how we can talk about them knowing that they can't reply anything. In the other thread we had instances of believers posting condescending remarks about them in my opinion, and there were other posts in which people seem to get angry. This is what this thread is about.

But we can go off topic here, no problem:

4 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Can an atheist really contribute to a thread on biblical topics?

maybe. I don't know.

When I used to post on jesus.de message board (I am banned from there. I don't want to make any comparison between this one and ours, btw)... I noted that atheists also defended me as a believer sometimes. Yes it's true.

On ine occasion I showed that I was happy with my belief... and the atheists were getting angry because of it... however, other atheists jumped in and said "why are you so angry with that believer, he's at peace". So this happened, too.

Just wanted to share that story.

Thomas

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 minutes ago, thomas t said:

Hi Michael,

I can't read their minds. It would be wrong to lump them all together saying they all have bad intentions. There might be some who have. However, generalizing is wrong, in my opinion.

Thomas

From my experience quite a few of them are looking for validation of their reasoning, supposing that there must be some neutral ground of agreement to meet Christians on. There is however no neutral ground as Jesus Himself demonstrated.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

2 minutes ago, thomas t said:

This thread is about how we can talk about them knowing that they can't reply anything.

In the other thread we had instances of believers posting condescending remarks about them in my opinion, and there were other posts in which people seem to get angry. This is what this thread is about.

And those are the ones who should have avoided the atheist threads and chose not to. They chose instead to cave in to the flesh and instead of witnessing or praying, opted to make snide comments to unbelievers. 

• This is Worthy 1