• Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

1 hour ago, thomas t said:

My issue here is how to deal with the new situation....

:emot-heartbeat:

The "Old" Way Was To Boot And Block
The New Way Is To Let The Ministry Team Witness For Christ

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Mark 16:15 (New International Version)

Dear Tom, Is It Your Intention To Continue To Shame Worthy Back Into The "Old" Ways
The Dreary "Old" Days Of Boot And Block ????

Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. Romans 14:4 (English Standard Version)

Love, Joe

Edited by FresnoJoe
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Thomas how many threads must you post on this issue? George has stated why and he is led by the Lord with this ministry? How many times must you rebel against the way this is set up? Cant you keep your complaints to one forum and one thread instead of all the ones you have going?

While I do agree with you jade 100%.  Thomas is referring to the following remarks in another thread about proving the bible true to an unbeliever. I quoted the remarks below that has Thomas upset. And I agree with him that the remarks in and of themselves are insensitive and not very Christ like.  That we need to be sensitive in a sense and polite when discussing with unbelievers about our faith.  We also need to take care when discussing together on a message board ways in which we can reach them for Christ.  Tact and politeness show unbeliever's that we, as Christians value them, just as God values them. 

On 7/9/2019 at 2:01 PM, simplejeff said:

Suppose for a moment, or longer if you wish, that an unbeliever thought they are not basically good.

What then ?   < shrugs >  So what ?   They are still an unbeliever.

A lot of people in church congregations think they are basically good,   but they aren't (after testing shows the truth).

Thus Jesus tells them,  on JUDGMENT DAY (when it is far far too late to repent) "bye bye" .......

On 7/9/2019 at 2:02 PM, simplejeff said:

Yahuweh:  Genesis is truth.

Yahushua to unbeliever: (on judgment day) :  "bye bye"

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

37 minutes ago, appy said:

While I do agree with you jade 100%.  Thomas is referring to the following remarks in another thread about proving the bible true to an unbeliever. I quoted the remarks below that has Thomas upset. And I agree with him that the remarks in and of themselves are insensitive and not very Christ like.  That we need to be sensitive in a sense and polite when discussing with unbelievers about our faith.  We also need to take care when discussing together on a message board ways in which we can reach them for Christ.  Tact and politeness show unbeliever's that we, as Christians value them, just as God values them.

Amen~!

Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person. Colossians 4:6 (New American Standard Bible)

Love, Joe

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

Most atheists I encounter at Christian message boards are there to get us to doubt God is real, and they are often subtle.  They pose a danger to weak Christians, and shouldn't have full access.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

12 hours ago, thomas t said:
Hi fellow posters,
under the new regulation, it's impossible for atheists to answer posts in the visible sections.
Here  is why, according to George.

If someone has anger in his heart - anger about atheists - please air it elsewhere, because here, in my opinion, we can't have a reasonable discussion about it without them having a say.
When you want to say they'll have a bad destiny after death... please make sure that noone can understand your post in a way that you feel indifferent (or even happy) towards it.
Please don't resort to any other condescending remarks about them, since they can't answer them.

The goal is to invite people to faith .... not to keep them off. Luke 14:16-24

Regards,
Thomas

The heart of the unbeliever has been hardened. They can make a choice to open their heart to Jesus Christ. It is never too late to come to Christ no matter what they have done. Christ is there to forgive. But having a discussion with an atheist is frustrating. They want to argue on and on about how being a Christian is a waste of time. I have had so many atheists tell me that Christianity is like having a crutch. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

34 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Perhaps it's best that they can't reply.  Instead of arguing endlessly, if they are really interested in understanding why we believe, perhaps they will just read and learn.

Paul gives good advice in 1 Corinthians 16:13-14... "Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.  Let all that you do be done with love." 

Athiests have "exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator..."(Romans 1:25).  If some of them happen to visit Worthy and simply read, maybe the power of the Word will penetrate their hearts of stone.  

The part I put in red is an important consideration.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

14 hours ago, thomas t said:
Hi fellow posters,
under the new regulation, it's impossible for atheists to answer posts in the visible sections.
Here  is why, according to George.

If someone has anger in his heart - anger about atheists - please air it elsewhere, because here, in my opinion, we can't have a reasonable discussion about it without them having a say.
When you want to say they'll have a bad destiny after death... please make sure that noone can understand your post in a way that you feel indifferent (or even happy) towards it.
Please don't resort to any other condescending remarks about them, since they can't answer them.

The goal is to invite people to faith .... not to keep them off. Luke 14:16-24

Regards,
Thomas

Why do you keep on talking about Atheist? You're the only one I know who keeps asking these kind of questions,we are always willing to talk to everybody who comes here to fellowship and to find Jesus.

How many Atheist did you see here who don't want to push what they believe and disagree with everything which is biblical,if they're interested in learning about God then they can let us know and we help them find the only way ( Jesus).

You may reach out to them when you can  but we don't want new believers to get confused .

Let's focus on the One who can save us and how to win more people for Christ :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be like minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind

That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.

1 Corinthians 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that
there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Most atheists come here for a kick.They want to show how they are intellectually superior to weak, dumb Bible Believers.They smugly believe it will be a cake- walk......I think they are sometimes shocked to find out that Christians sometimes are intelligent human beings.....many soon leave when they discover that attacking people of faith is not as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

20 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

The "Old" Way Was To Boot And Block
The New Way Is To Let The Ministry Team Witness For Christ

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Mark 16:15 (New International Version)

Dear Tom, Is It Your Intention To Continue To Shame Worthy Back Into The "Old" Ways
The Dreary "Old" Days Of Boot And Block ????

Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. Romans 14:4 (English Standard Version)

Love, Joe

Hi Fresno Joe,

no, I'm not judging anybody.

I do not shame anybody, neither do I shame Worthy as a whole. It's a wonderful board, I praise God for it!

Hi Angels,

7 hours ago, angels4u said:

Why do you keep on talking about Atheist? we are always willing to talk to everybody who comes here to fellowship and to find Jesus

I'm worried. I'm worried that the comments of some keep atheists away from faith. In my opinion, some are creating an atmosphere of mistrust against atheists, and this could harm "the great commission" as quoted by Fresno Joe. I want the best conditions possible for reaching out to the non-believers of the world.

This thread is about what we can do to make condescending remarks on atheists vanish.

Please see this comment, here...

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The heart of the unbeliever has been hardened. [....] But having a discussion with an atheist is frustrating.

is that inviting people to faith?

Hi Missmuffet.

... and Angels, read this comment, please:

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

They want to show how they are intellectually superior to weak, dumb Bible Believers.They smugly believe it will be a cake- walk.....

... "they smugly believe"

as if BB could read their minds. I think it is this kind of remarks that endanger the reaching out to atheists. These comments could keep them off rather than win them for faith.

Hi Blood Bought.

7 hours ago, angels4u said:

How many Atheist did you see here who don't want to push what they believe and disagree with everything which is biblical,

as I said I can't read minds. I saw many atheists here who pronounced their opinion when they had the chance to do this.

Regards,

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
changed one paragraph
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1