• Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi Fresno Joe,

no, I'm not judging anybody.

I do not shame anybody, neither do I shame Worthy as a whole. It's a wonderful board, I praise God for it!

Hi Angels,

I'm worried. I'm worried that the comments of some keep atheists away from faith. In my opinion, some are creating an atmosphere of mistrust against atheists, and this could harm "the great commission" as quoted by Fresno Joe. I want the best conditions possible for reaching out to the non-believers of the world.

This thread is about what we can do to make condescending remarks on atheists vanish.

Please see this comment, here...

is that inviting people to faith?

Hi Missmuffet.

... and Angels, read this comment, please:

... "they smugly believe"

as if BB could read their minds. I think it is this kind of remarks that endanger the reaching out to atheists. These comments could keep them off rather than win them for faith.

Hi Blood Bought.

as I said I can't read minds. I saw many atheists here who pronounced their opinion when they had the chance to do this.

Regards,

Thomas

They know who Jesus Christ is. They can see our posts. They are employees of Satan. Why should we let Satan onto Worthy?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

They are employees of Satan. Why should we let Satan onto Worthy?

Hi Missmuffet,

so let's look at whom it was that Jesus declares employees of the Satan. Whether or not it is believers ... let me look it up... ah but wait... whom are you talking about, here?

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

They know who Jesus Christ is.

(bolded mine) Only believers in God believe he is present.

;)

Thomas

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, thomas t said:

Hi Firm,

Please let's leave this issue to another thread, things are complicated enough aren't they? Since you say I'm not able to make someone believe? Well that's for another thread, ok?

This one is really about this...

You found two disparaging remarks in the Bible?

Please don't add a third one.

Let Bible speak, yeah, but please don't tell me that the "fool has said in his heart"-Psalms-passage perfectly matches all atheists.

Or is it that you can read hearts? I doubt it.

Most of them are so-called agnostics, they say they don't rule out God's existence. (Speaking from own experience).

Yeah, whenever we come to talk about atheists, this Bible verse is getting cited and that's disparaging already.

Thomas

Please let's leave this issue to another thread, things are complicated enough aren't they? Since you say I'm not able to make someone believe? Well that's for another thread, ok?

The only One who can make a person believe in God is the Holy Spirit and I firmly believe the Holy Spirit will let us know of when to witness and to who to witness. Nobody can make people believe in God,only the Holy Spirit can convict us.The only thing a Christian should be is a tool through which the Holy Spirit can work.

Let Bible speak, yeah, but please don't tell me that the "fool has said in his heart"-Psalms-passage perfectly matches all atheists.

Psalm 14

14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

32 minutes ago, thomas t said:

Hi Firm,

This one is really about this...

You found two disparaging remarks in the Bible?

Please don't add a third one.

Or is it that you can read hearts? I doubt it.

Most of them are so-called agnostics, they say they don't rule out God's existence. (Speaking from own experience).

Yeah, whenever we come to talk about atheists, this Bible verse is getting cited and that's disparaging already.

Thomas

That is scripture.  If the shoe fits they need to wear it.  A true atheist denies any God exists.  I am asking how you reach them?  A seeker who isn't sure is another story.  To me, that is not an atheist.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

26 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

They know who Jesus Christ is. They can see our posts. They are employees of Satan. Why should we let Satan onto Worthy?

That's the wrong approach, if we can show Atheist the way of the cross then that's our duty ,we are to be  fishers of men.

The Holy Spirit will let you know if people are looking or playing games,and I saw many playing games. The only thing God is asking us to do is to be a witness for Him at all times.

You can't judge Atheist of being of Satan,you might  never know the work God might do in them. Every unbeliever belongs to to the prince of this earth and all need salvation.

14We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly to the end the assurance we had at first. 15As it has been said: “Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts, as you did in the rebellion.” 16For who were the ones who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt?…Hebr.3:15

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

3 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

If the shoe fits they need to wear it.

if. Very important

So we have freedom of speech haven't we?

Am I allowed to keep an opinion for myself when I fear that the thread could be side tracked?

6 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

I am asking how you reach them? 

This thread is about another matter.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

3 minutes ago, thomas t said:

Common misconception. Freedom of speech does not mean one can say anything one wants to on a privately owned forum. Freedom of speech only applies to government facilities, as stated in the us constitution.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, thomas t said:

if. Very important

Am I allowed to keep an opinion for myself when I fear that the thread could be side tracked?

This thread is about another matter.

I thought it was about engaging them to reach them.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, angels4u said:

That's the wrong approach, if we can show Atheist the way of the cross then that's our duty ,we are to be  fishers of men.

The Holy Spirit will let you know if people are looking or playing games,and I saw many playing games. The only thing God is asking us to do is to be a witness for Him at all times.

You can't judge Atheist of being of Satan,you might  never know the work God might do in them. Every unbeliever belongs to to the prince of this earth and all need salvation.

14We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly to the end the assurance we had at first. 15As it has been said: “Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts, as you did in the rebellion.” 16For who were the ones who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt?…Hebr.3:15

I tell the atheist who Jesus Christ is and that He loves them. I have done that a number of times. They do not want that. They want to smash you into the ground with Satan's lies. In this world you either worship God or Satan. There is no in-between. We can not save the atheist only God can open their heart. We pray that their heart will be opened to God. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

8 minutes ago, angels4u said:

I am confused.  If every unbeliever is of Satan, you  can judge that an atheist serves the devil and MissMuffet is right.