• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

According to Paul, Believers

ARE to judge other Believers.......judging unbelievers is strictly God’s Domain....

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Sower said:

Would you be willing to share how you think you might have behaved here on Worthy while you were still an atheist.
Do you think you would have accepted the light of the gospel, here at Worthy,
or was it more the face to face hearing of the word, and your co workers Christ like witness?

Sure @Sower, thank you for asking.

If I came on this forum in my atheist days, I would ask difficult questions!  I would probably ask in a provocative way and would come across over-confident in my stance (which would actually be insecure).  I might have been bolshy with my phrasing, like "How can you people ACTUALLY believe in Adam and Eve??", "How can you believe the Bible, come on, seriously..." or maybe even  "Isn't Christianity hypocritical? Because there are so many abusive priests around". 

This aggressive approach would have been me wanting to save face, not admitting that I, myself, am wavering in my beliefs.  The more convincing I would need, the more provocative I would get - to push the Christian and see if they relent or I could catch them out.  However, ultimately I would be actually yearning  for answers that "made sense" and to see a good example of a Christian who was loving, peaceful and super solid in their faith.

I think online you are always going to get trolls.  That's just a given, however many rules and guides you set up.  But there will be many, who we may quickly write off as trolls, who are actually hurt and broken people.  They might beat us up to see if we crack or fall, because they are looking for solid ground in this fickle world.  Consider this as well: What if satan used such trolls to dilute the voices of the genuine?  If so, his plan has surely worked.

I have seen how some in the forum have reacted to non-believers.  To be honest, if I was the non-believer in such interactions,  I would have left thinking "Those Christians are so self-righteous and hypocritical!  I don't know why I bothered".  

Some Christians on here take the stance that "we are just telling the hard truth" or  "I'd rather them see that I'm not perfect and have my flaws" or "they worship satan, so we should keep ourselves safe!" But in my eyes, that's simply not good enough.   Better to say nothing at all than to be a poor ambassador for the Messiah.

However, if I met a Christian on here, say @thomas t for example, I would be disarmed by his approach and it would make me think.  I might not get saved because of it, but it would certainly sow a seed in me.  I can see myself thinking "Okay fine, so they do have some answers.  I can kinda see why they believe it.  I'm still not sure though".  

In summary, I guess I'm saying we should treat each atheist (however rude they are) with the same respect as a potential brother/sister.  For once I was blind, and now I can see.  And we were all non-believers once upon a time.  Whether we were liars, adulterers, or glorified satan in ignorance, it all means the same thing - lost.   So we should carefully assess what we value as more important than our precious lost brothers/sisters.   And we should never forfeit love, patience and kindness however we are attacked, insulted or offended.

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

According to Paul, Believers

ARE to judge other Believers.......judging unbelievers is strictly God’s Domain....

Explain how that works when we know that unbelievers are hell bound?

Take it up with Paul......1 Cor5:12 “ For what business is it of mine to judge outsiders ? it is certainly YOUR responsibility to judge those within the church that are sinning.....God will judge those outside of the church”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Take it up with Paul......1 Cor5:12 “ For what business is it of mine to judge outsiders ? it is certainly YOUR responsibility to judge those within the church that are sinning.....God will judge those outside of the church”

He will but we know it is hell.  We just don't know about individual torments.

3 hours ago, pg4Him said:

A well prepared atheist can logically win debates against Christians all day.  They study the Bible to seek out logical inconsistencies, plausible interpretations, and arguments which cannot easily be debunked. They task themselves with knowing Scripture so they can oppose it. 

I know many, many church- goers......I don’t know ONE person that actually STUDIES the Bible....that an atheist knows more about the Bible than many Believers does not surprise me.... “ Show yourself to be a good student of the Word, rightly dividing the Word Of God, so you will not have to stand ashamed...” The words speak for themselves.......

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

In summary, I guess I'm saying we should treat each atheist (however rude they are) with the same respect as a potential brother/sister.  For once I was blind, and now I can see.  And we were all non-believers once upon a time.  Whether we were liars, adulterers, or glorified satan in ignorance, it all means the same thing - lost.   So we should carefully assess what we value as more important than our precious lost brothers/sisters.   And we should never forfeit love, patience and kindness however we are attacked, insulted or offended.

Love & Shalom

Thanks for your well thought out reply, Tzephanyahu.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

47 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I know many, many church- goers......I don’t know ONE person that actually STUDIES the Bible....that an atheist knows more about the Bible than many Believers does not surprise me.... “ Show yourself to be a good student of the Word, rightly dividing the Word Of God, so you will not have to stand ashamed...” The words speak for themselves.......

Then you havent paid attention. I know many on this forum who have studied the bible deeply, regardless of whether or not they agree with my views.

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Then you havent paid attention. I know many on this forum who have studied the bible deeply, regardless of whether or not they agree with my views.

I was not referring to people here.....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi Missmuffet,

13 hours ago, missmuffet said:

They want to smash you into the ground with Satan's lies.

maybe they sense the mistrust you have against them?

I am really unsure of why people want to say anything about their motives. Why can't we just be workers? In business world, a shop vendor for instance never asks a customer what he or she does with the item bought... they just sell, clean up the house and then go home. Why can't Christians do the same.

Hi Firm Foundation.

9 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

He will but we know [their destiny] is hell. 

Rahab the whore stays among the descendants of Jesus as cited in Matthew, beginning of the book. I think it is the very Rahab mentioned in Josua 2, unbeliever.

Also remember Jesus threatened many many believers with hell.

I think you're writing them off lightly. You give one line and it's these oneliners that could come across as careless. 

We should always give our best, as @Tzephanyahu said, listen to that one!

Thank you very much for your post Tzeph.

Thomas

• Thanks 1