Sign in to follow this  
thomas t

Talking about atheists here on Worthy

13 minutes ago, silviawang said:

The chinese Buddhists told me ,in the afterlfie ,it is very easy to them be a GOD like Jehovah GOD,and they also told me ,Jesus is learning Buddha's teaching in the heaven now!

Of course we know that the statement above is not correct, @silviawang? Thanks for sharing the beliefs in your country, however. God bless! 

David/BeauJangles

9 minutes ago, Kristin said:

Ok I did read this. I’m a woman, but I understand. It’s a type of narcissism. It’s worldwide. Men are “better” except women are now ruling the world. I just thank God for sending Jesus Christ to save me!  

China is abolish polygyny from 1949

But  some  chinese male Christians demand polygyny,in the name of Jesus Christ!

They said to me:

“y think who y are?do not accept the polygyny,which is GOD agree with!”

God said one man and one woman. Genesis 3. It’s hard anywhere in the world to be a woman but I believe God sees us. We can’t worry. Are you in China?

Pray to God in Jesus name. He will save you. He will help you. He will heal you. I promise sister!  

• Praise God! 1

16 minutes ago, Kristin said:

God said one man and one woman. Genesis 3. It’s hard anywhere in the world to be a woman but I believe God sees us. We can’t worry. Are you in China?

The reason the chinese male Christians demand polygyny is

The prophets in OT, Abraham, David, Solomon...............they were in polygyny marriage

And GOD never blame they bcs of this,they said that means GOD allows polygyny

The another reason they give:

The monogamy is Legalism

The Christians are not under the law

So the polygyny is ok

(but they said polyandry is not ok at the same time)

----the guy gave me this reason is a leader of gospel studying group with thoustands of members in a big chinese forum

And also the reason they gave me:

Form David ‘s stroy

They interpret that if a man do good enough (in the eye of GOD),GOD will give him many women as the reward

These are the 3 main reason the chinese male Christians give

They were sinners, Hebrews and just plain wrong. We are Christians so we only have ONE spouse. 

Consider we are the Body of Christ maybe even also the bride of Christ. We can only have one. 

1 minute ago, Kristin said:

They were sinners, Hebrews and just plain wrong. We are Christians so we only have ONE spouse. 

Well you must understand, that Paul did encourage elders of the church to have only one wife. It was still Hebrew custom to have more than one, even at that time. And you'll find those verses below.

1 Timothy 3:2 and Titus 1:6 

6 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Well you must understand, that Paul did encourage elders of the church to have only one wife. It was still Hebrew custom to have more than one, even at that time. And you'll find those verses below.

1 Timothy 3:2 and Titus 1:6 

I firmly believe one spouse is the ideal. Both ways. Only one. 

Sign in to follow this