Tigger56

something different, something more, something new and something greater

I was lost, and I was in need and I was searching, for in my heart I felt that I did not belong, and it was my desire to belong that filled my thoughts. I did not know that I was lost and I did not know what I truly needed, all I knew was that I needed something, something different, something more, something new. In my longing to belong I found discontentment with things that once filled me and satisfied me, for all that once pleased me no longer filled me with joy. The desire to belong was strong within me, to fit in and to belong is a yearning deep within, and in our search to belong we often seek the fleeting more than that which is lasting. Longing to be a part of something different, something more, something new as I yearned to find the fullness and contentment that has eluded me. The longing within is strong, so I make my way through another day seeking to satisfy the deep yearning to belong. The trappings of success and joy fill my life and are as a facade to those who do not see behind the smile and beyond the laughter. My heart should be full, but it is empty, for there is a deep need within, a need to belong and to fill the void that exists without my truly knowing why. I continue on each day in search of something different, something more, something new, something to fill my heart and to let me know that I belong to something greater than myself. Alone even when in a room filled with those who know me, alone as the echoing blast of a horn that drifts across the ocean as a ship passes quietly in the night. I am alone in my thoughts, alone in my heart, alone, and seeking to be known and seeking to belong. I search, and I hope, and I wait for my longing heart to belong to something different, something more, something new and something greater.

There are many in our nation and in our world that know the name of Jesus but still don't know him as their savior. Many are searching for something different, something more, something new and something greater without fully understanding how to find it. We as Christians have a great calling and responsibility to be lights unto this world. We need to be vessels of love and kindness. Too often Christians fail for they have a greater desire to preach or judge than the desire to love and care. Ask the Lord to guide you this day, ask him to open your eyes to see the traces of tears hidden behind the smiles, to see the needs of aching hearts. Reach out the hands of love this day and do not pass by the hurting and alone. Show them by your actions that there is something different, something more, something new and something greater...

• Thumbs Up 1