diane32

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I gave my life to God 11 years ago this August, praise God for His mercy! I have fallen away quite a few times but always came back stronger in the Lord and in the power of His might! Today I am not walking with the Lord as I should be and just wondered if anyone here ever fell away from God for a long time and then turned back? And did other believers judge you or did they love you? Did your brothers and sisters help draw you back or did they push you away further? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

That is a very poignant question since deception is rarely seen for what it is by the subject it influences.

One can easily find oneself 'far away' and the implication of that feeling is that God is ALSO far away.

He has patience with His Children and is a far better Father than we can imagine. It is our actions that 'position' ourselves and sometimes that can seem far far away from the Lord.

The ones that think they are home and dry are also at risk since there is nothing quite so influential as someone that thinks they 'got it made'.  Generally speaking, in my experience, other believers have been most harmful to me. Thus, even though they 'speak truth' it is most likely NOT in love and only serves to make you feel more distant.

The adversary and his minions have a field day with Christians that are drifting away and they will try to convince you of two things: 1) you are OK really because God loves you anyway, or 2) you are a looser and God would never accept you even if you turned back to Him.

The simple truth is that most believers do not understand the reason for their salvation; a) what God decided to do from the beginning; b) that God has no 'plan b' and He will continue His current plan until all is accomplished; c) they have been chosen by the Lord to be members of His family as rulers and judges of the world to come. d) they are sons and daughter of The Most High.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

To Diane,

YES ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have

And for many,many years, and yet as I fell away into really bad places, HE  the Holy Spirit would show up, you know that's why we come back,,, HE reach's out

you know this because of His love for us...

In fact I have only been back for less than 6 months but finally, after I have probably exhausted all attempts to make it through this life under my own steam.

So I surrended ; I fully gave all of myself to him was renewed, restored forgiven washed anew,, given a renewed spirit revelation restored and then just 4 days later

sinned again, by my standards very small sin but enough to cry out ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LORD WHAT MUST I DO    , , , , , ,   not to fall away again !!!!!!!

and HE said go and sin no more, so I said to HIM how ???

Short version Genesis 4 : all of Cains problems were now as mine,

So I said what could this show me ???

And HE said to me Cain did not have to follow thru on the temptation inflicting him,

So I said LORD I finally get it,,, NOT TO WILLFULLY SIN   to make a decision every day to not willfully sin which is in my prayers to HIM every morning since and

praise HIM  I'm doin ok ,, with help from psalm 19 : 13

This works for me because it lines up with HIS Word and I have a relationship with HIM and as months go by I am falling further in love with HIM..

I dont know many Christians due to my long absence but I know HIM ,,,,, dont bother with people simply find a love for them.

Hope this helps you Diane

kev.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, diane32 said:

I gave my life to God 11 years ago this August, praise God for His mercy! I have fallen away quite a few times but always came back stronger in the Lord and in the power of His might! Today I am not walking with the Lord as I should be and just wondered if anyone here ever fell away from God for a long time and then turned back? And did other believers judge you or did they love you? Did your brothers and sisters help draw you back or did they push you away further? 

C. S. Lewis once said something like this: "There are times when I feel like my Christian walk is going pretty good. There are other times when I think I'm not measuring up and not all that close to where I should be. It is at those times that I am probably closer to Him."

Remember, your works are not what save you. Grace saved you. Your works are simply a manifestation of that. You are being perfected until the day you die. It is not an easy process. It ebbs and flows. The important thing is knowing that you are his, no matter what you "do". 

That is freeing. It frees you to continue to keep up the good race, no matter how you "feel". You are dad's son. Yes, he may have to bail you out of jail for something. Yes, he may have to nag you to clean up your room, but he's not writing you out of the will. That inspires me to do the right thing, not because it ensures I get my cut of the will, but because I acknowledge that he is my dad, even after I've screwed something up.

I'm free to do better in spite of my past. Even if that past is ten minutes ago.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

One can easily find oneself 'far away' and the implication of that feeling is that God is ALSO far away.

The ones that think they are home and dry are also at risk since there is nothing quite so influential as someone that thinks they 'got it made'. 

Amen to that, and I would have to admit to stumbling along the pathway. And more than once. Thankfully, the Lord always managed to help me back on track. The family of God should always be willing to accept the Prodigal back into the fold. One time I saw a bumper sticker that said - If you feel far away from God, guess who moved? 

Proverbs 21:16  For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.  KJV 

Galatians 6:1  Brethren, if any man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one, in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.  KJV

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

The race ain't over till it's over. Sometimes we seem to just be wasting time....but then we get so tired of losing out in the Lord that even that failure gives us the drive to get back with God. So then even slack times can teach us something about our true need of God. So in reality nothing is wasted.

It's like the story of the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady wins the race. But then we might have times where we take a nap under the tree in our Christian walks. When we wake up and come to our senses our desire will be to redeem the time...which gives us the impetus to drive forward. Had we not slept would we have run the race with such vigour? So I think things balance themselves out somewhat if we are called in the Lord and His laws are written on our hearts.

i think at times we are the hare in the story and at times the tortoise.

But we are learning to sleep less...waste less time...in short we grow even though the progress is very uneven to begin with. That growth WILL even out so that it becomes a steady climb...over time. We must persevere and be patient since God is faithful and HE WILL get us there given our patient attitude and willingness to please the Lord.

So hang in there and run to win! :emot-hug:

• Loved it! 2