• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 hours ago, diane32 said:

I gave my life to God 11 years ago this August, praise God for His mercy! I have fallen away quite a few times but always came back stronger in the Lord and in the power of His might! Today I am not walking with the Lord as I should be and just wondered if anyone here ever fell away from God for a long time and then turned back? And did other believers judge you or did they love you? Did your brothers and sisters help draw you back or did they push you away further? 

I don't think it matters how other people treat us. Once we repent of our sin, I believe the Lord forgives us and restores our integrity. At that point we can look everyone square in the eyes, and if they don't like us, that is their problem, not ours.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Wow! I thank God for all these words of wisdom and love! The truth is that at times we may disagree with our brothers and sisters but when it boils down to it we have all had hard times that helps us to understand eachother so much more! We may judge eachother at times but the truth is we love and care about eachothers walks with God and will be there in times of brokenness ready to encourage and lift up! I love you all in the Lord  (I hope it's ok to say that even though I'm not so close to Him right now) Thank you ?

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

hello Diane,  good to see you on here,  well I don't know if you can call these experiances a falling away from the Lord but I have felt at times that God has been distant in my prayer life at times,  but I know that Jesus is listening

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,397
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I don't think I've ever really fallen away. Definitely times I could have done better and overall I feel closer to God these days than I have during a lot of my life but I chalk a lot of that up to growing in my relationship with God. My experience has been that there's some ebb and flow of how close we feel to God regardless of how close we actually are. It can definitely pay to go against the flow but we should also take care that we aren't stressing ourselves out over nothing. Sometimes feeling distant from God is just our mood and circumstances talking rather than reality so it's good to self examine and get other opinions from people who are qualified to judge.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, diane32 said:

I gave my life to God 11 years ago this August, praise God for His mercy! I have fallen away quite a few times but always came back stronger in the Lord and in the power of His might! Today I am not walking with the Lord as I should be and just wondered if anyone here ever fell away from God for a long time and then turned back? And did other believers judge you or did they love you? Did your brothers and sisters help draw you back or did they push you away further? 

That shouldn't be your main concern.  Let others think whatever they want.  Just come back to the Lord.

One thing and not to judge you.  If you keep falling away, that is not coming back stronger.  It is being unstable.  I am concerned about that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,443
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I won't go into great detail for brevity's sake; for much has been said above, but you're not alone with your struggles, many of us have experienced it. Everything good comes from God, and if it's not good we know where it's coming from. Those 'thoughts' and realizations we are drifting from God, not doing His will, sinning, etc. Do you think they are our own thoughts; or possibly the Holy Spirit talking to us. I was a 'backslider' for decades and the Lord brought me back. Sometime just a little later I opened my Bible and came to the verse below. I won't tell you how a grown man wept uncontrollably, and prayed with love, gratitude and appreciation for the Lord's love for me and what He did for me on that cruel Roman Cross. I can do nothing to save myself or stay saved; the Lord Jesus did it all, and does it all. I just need to be willing and available.

Philippians 1:6 (KJV) Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, diane32 said:

Why do you fall away from God? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, diane32 said:

Wow! I thank God for all these words of wisdom and love! The truth is that at times we may disagree with our brothers and sisters but when it boils down to it we have all had hard times that helps us to understand eachother so much more! We may judge eachother at times but the truth is we love and care about eachothers walks with God and will be there in times of brokenness ready to encourage and lift up! I love you all in the Lord  (I hope it's ok to say that even though I'm not so close to Him right now) Thank you ?

What are you waiting for to return to God?  You can pray right now.   Confess your sins, repent and promise to do better.  We have no promise of tomorrow and no idea when Jesus will return.  Don't wait.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hello,

yes, I have not had a very long life so far but I have gone through many phases - some that I'm less than proud of. And I can tell you one thing, even during the time when I was sure that there was no God at all, when I didn't hesitate to insult Him or his Christians and even if someone somehow managed to make me believe that He was real I would have had chosen the dark side. And I can tell you one thing that I can say today with absolute certainty: Even during those times He was keeping a protective hand over me, even during those times He loved me and wept for what I was doing to Him - because even if I wasn't capable of acknowledging it at the time- I was His just like you are His no matter what.

Which is not to say no effort should be put into the relationship from your side. However posting here indicates that you have the will to come back. So just honestly ask Him to forgive you, ask Him to come to you as you come to Him and He will. I know because He came to me.

Good luck my friend, it's not an easy way because true belief is a gift - but God is far more generous than we deserve.

I have just a couple ideas for you to keep in mind that might help you go forward on your way with Jesus.

1. It's all about your relationship with God, not your relationship with fellow Christians. Those are two very different things.

2. If you make one step towards God, he'll make one hundred towards you.

2. God loves you because He is love. And he won't forget or leave you just because you forgot or left him.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Why do you fall away from God? 

I don't know but probably because of pride...so many things have happened and sometimes it feels easier not to walk with God as terrible as that is and I know it is...my heart is broken and I know the only one who can fix it is God...Im the one who made myself end up here and I hope I will turn back to God again..