• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Cool.
So, how has this new experience changed  or increased your walk with the Lord?
What have you learned? Are you different? Closer to God?
Was the experience a feeling? Mental or physical?
I do not know about these things.
I have not had the spirit moving me to seek this "baptism' in the spirit.
I thought/believed I had all the spirit of God within me already.
Are these 'gifts' only for special/certain  people?
What is different when you get 'baptized' with/in the spirit?
Are you feeling better equipped to deal with your life now?
What is the biblical purpose of seeking to get baptized in the spirit?
Do you have an interpreter when you speak in tongues?
Does the interpreter give the same meaning that you had when speaking?
Lots of questions. What is the biblical purpose in tongues, and the baptism in spirit?
Should every Christian speak in tongues?
Am I missing out on what God has equipped me/us as a believer?
Thank you for any reply.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Sower said:

Cool.
So, how has this new experience changed  or increased your walk with the Lord?
What have you learned? Are you different? Closer to God?
Was the experience a feeling? Mental or physical?
I do not know about these things.
I have not had the spirit moving me to seek this "baptism' in the spirit.
I thought/believed I had all the spirit of God within me already.
Are these 'gifts' only for special/certain  people?
What is different when you get 'baptized' with/in the spirit?
Are you feeling better equipped to deal with your life now?
What is the biblical purpose of seeking to get baptized in the spirit?
Do you have an interpreter when you speak in tongues?
Does the interpreter give the same meaning that you had when speaking?
Lots of questions. What is the biblical purpose in tongues, and the baptism in spirit?
Should every Christian speak in tongues?
Am I missing out on what God has equipped me/us as a believer?
Thank you for any reply.

What are your answers to these questions? I will leave out the general questions. Because you can search through the forum and find lot of answers on those. As I said before, I did not start this thread to debate on this topic

So, how has this new experience changed  or increased your walk with the Lord? - It has been just a week. One thing I do feel in my personal prayers is more devoted praise and worship. I am not distracted much. I am enjoying praying and not just going through the motions.
What have you learned? Are you different? Closer to God? - When I speak in tongues, I do feel closer to God and connected to God.
Was the experience a feeling? Mental or physical? - It's hard to say. It is not like I have lost senses. I am well aware of everything going on. Yesterday I was raising hands in worship. But still not distracted by anything going around.
What is different when you get 'baptized' with/in the spirit? - I explained how I felt in my OP.
Are you feeling better equipped to deal with your life now? - I don't know
Do you have an interpreter when you speak in tongues? - No, it was not in a Church. And on both occasions, it was just me praying and not declaring any prophecy/
Does the interpreter give the same meaning that you had when speaking? - No

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

thanks for sharing your testimony @ravindran  :)

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,381
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Glad to hear about it! My own experience with it was a happy one. Came about one night when I was in a youth meeting at the church I attended at the time and I carried on like that going between tongues and normal speech for prayer for about an hour or so. I got the feeling around my stomach too. Thinking back on it makes me smile and get a bit teary eyed.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

@ravindran

Thanks for this word. I love to hear how God works in other peoples lives. I speak neither good or bad concerning such experiences. I have had a few of my own how do you say, “workings of God in my life” so as long as your relationship with Him grows thereby,  I praise God for you and your experience with Him. 

Do me a favor and in your prayer life put a good word in for me and I will do likewise. :) Thanks for the testimony. 

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

Indeed, the supernatural world exist with many things that  you cannot see, though you can feel and and your senses exercised .  Tongues are  biblical mentioned and though some have claimed that it has ceased , only those who has  experienced them, weather true or false can testify as the OP has done. 

I myself is skeptical about it as I was eager to get baptized earlier in my salvation journey.  I was attending a Pentecostal church at the time and went through the pre baptism classes.  On the day of the baptism, there were four of us on the schedule.  When the those who were baptized came out the water and the parents and the congregation were praying for the Holy Spirit to come, the baptized people fell and rolled on the ground and there was weeping and crying ect.  When my turn came around and I went into  the pool, I gave my short testimony  and before I went into the water, I did not know what to expect, so I said to the Lord in my prayer or words, " If this tongues is for me, then show me the truth and whatever the out come I have to be obedient".

Well I got into the water, came up and nothing, absolutely nothing came upon me and I felt nothing in what the others were experiencing  and to mention, the others were pre teens girls. 

I have though had numerous encounters in the spiritual realm where things , I would call them spirits try to manipulate and plant sensual things upon my body and senses in almost an ecstasy kind of state.  

Just to be short, I have mentioned the above before early in my time here at worthy and I am just repeating what I have and still experience.   It is also a caution to test the spirits .  How each person has his experience, it is for him to examine the word and see what lines up or not.  I can tell you, that I have been tempted in ways that wants me to argue with James about his verse on the believer and temptation, but it is scripture and I have to heed it.

I also think, a pastor should not be prompting anyone to get the baptism of the Holy Spirit as it is a gift and the Lord knows how to give his gifts.  I am not in anyway discrediting the OP encounter, as it is his and I have to respect his testimony.  Just to caution thought that satan comes in as an angel of light too and we have to be on our gard.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  “For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.  “If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?  “Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
“If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

It's good to know that when it comes to something this  important and fundamental, God Himself promises to make sure no counterfeit is received by  any  son or  daughter who asks, seeks and knocks, obeying Him in desiring what He desires for them.

It's a given that the  written Word is the  final judge  of experience.  But  suspicion is not discernment and we should be aware  we are not to live  in fear, but in the faith  that  is  ours by  believing in His  Word.

“However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

Edited by Jostler
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1