IGNORED

How religion has become a big financial enterprise with members contributing hundreds of millions in tithes and offerings

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

https://businesstoday.co.ke/kenyas-richest-churches-reap-billions-worshipers/

This phemomena of the rapidly growing churches in Kenya is the picture of how religion has become a big financial Enterprises of the world.

=======================================================================================================

This is an unBiblical way to get tithe by using the Old Testament Torah of Israel.

God commanded the Tithe for the Levit because they hv no land nor commerce (not for the church)

Numbers 18:21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.

The Levit who rcvd the tithe must give 1/10 of the tithe to the priest who serve at the Temple via Aaron, so the Levit priest only rcvd 1/100, why do the church ask for 1/10 ?

Number 18:26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the Lord, even a tenth part of the tithe.

28 Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the Lord of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the Lord’s heave offering to Aaron the priest.

TITHE WAS NEVER MONEY BUT FOOD AND CROP

Levit 27: 30 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord’s: it is holy unto the Lord. 32 And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the Lord.

FINALLY, GOD HAS TORN DOWN THE CURTAIN AT THE MOST HOLY ROOM AT THE TEMPLE, The practice has become OBSOLETE.

If the early church of Apostles ever asked believers to pay tithe to them, they would surely hv been arrested by the whole Jews in Jerusalem for 'STEALING THE RIGHTS OF THE LEVITES' and they would surely be FINISHED right there not even God would help them. Its against the Law of Torah for other entities to demand tithe from the Hebrew.

2 Cor 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

https://www.nairaland.com/1472237/deception-malachi-3-10-11-devourer

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/net-worth-richest-pastors-will-blow-your-mind.html/

Paul directed the churches to PUT SOMETHING ASIDE IF THEY MAY PROSPER.

First Corinthians 16:1-3 “Now concerning the collection for the saints: as I directed the churches of Galatia, so you also are to do. On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come. And when I arrive, I will send those whom you accredit by letter to carry your gift to Jerusalem.”

Malachi 3:10 Bring the whole tithe into the STOREHOUSE, that there may be food in my house.

The STOREHOUSE is not a church, its the rooms to keep the crop from farming communities.

Nehemiah 10:37-38 to bring the firstfruits of our dough, our offerings, the fruit from all kinds of trees, the new wine and oil, to the priests, to the storerooms of the house of our God; and to bring the tithes of our land to the Levites, for the Levites should receive the tithes in all our farming communities. And the priest, the descendant of Aaron, shall be with the Levites when the Levites receive tithes; and the Levites shall bring up a tenth of the tithes to the house of our God, to the rooms of the storehouse.

wolf.png

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

34 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

This phemomena of the rapidly growing churches in Kenya is the picture of how religion has become a big financial Enterprises of the world.

=======================================================================================================

This is an unBiblical way to get tithe by using the Old Testament Torah of Israel.

God commanded the Tithe for the Levit because they hv no land nor commerce (not for the church)

Numbers 18:21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.

The Levit who rcvd the tithe must give 1/10 of the tithe to the priest who serve at the Temple via Aaron, so the Levit priest only rcvd 1/100, why do the church ask for 1/10 ?

Number 18:26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the Lord, even a tenth part of the tithe.

28 Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the Lord of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the Lord’s heave offering to Aaron the priest.

FINALLY, GOD HAS TORN DOWN THE CURTAIN AT THE MOST HOLY ROOM AT THE TEMPLE, The practice has become OBSOLETE.

If the early church of Apostles ever asked believers to pay tithe to them, they would surely hv been arrested by the whole Jews in Jerusalem for 'STEALING THE RIGHTS OF THE LEVITES' and they would surely be FINISHED right there not even God would help them.

2 Cor 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

wolf.png

That is not what God wants for His Churches. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

It really is sad. To some people instances like that are their main contact with the Gospel. The precedent they set is really unfortunate.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 2

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

'Christianity' is HUGE business in the last days especially, selling her sorceries.  This is why Jesus said the love of money is the root of all evil....He was talking to His own.  The word of Almighty God says to "buy the truth, and SELL IT NOT."  Babylon's "merchants" will be lamenting when she is judged....great will be her fall.

Rev 18:11-14

And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

Giving in the NT

SERMON ON THE MOUNT

Jesus starts with giving first. I would have started with prayer, fasting then giving. But Jesus starts first with giving, then prayer and fasting. Why!! Giving is an emblem of the covenant. In ancient times, this is how they would make a covenant:

They would take an animal, normally a heifer, cut in half, head to tail. Then the two parties would walk through the middle of the sacrifice. You cannot have a covenant without the shedding of blood. The shedding of blood implies a life lay down. They were saying to one another: I am laying down my life for you. You cannot be in a covenant and hold on dear to your life. Then they would exchange their assets. All that I have is yours and all what is yours is mine.

Abraham was in covenant relationship with God. In Genesis 14, after his return from victory over Kedorlaomer and all his allies, Melchesedek came out to meet him with bread and wine and God said to Abraham: I am the possessor of heaven and earth. All I have is yours. What can Abraham give to God! He was rich in livestock. I’ll give you 10% of all that I have as a token of the covenant that all I have is yours.

Today we have the new covenant. We take the emblem of the bread and the wine as a sign of the covenant and we give the tithes as a token of the covenant that everything we have belonged to God. . The tithes existed long before the giving of the Torah. Later on, God incorporated it in the Torah to make it easy for the people to remember it. Tithing is where we begin but this is not the ceiling. Israel was commanded to give beyond the tithes.

https://worshipwarriorsministry.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=VlUuA64rntE

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

30 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

'Christianity' is HUGE business in the last days especially, selling her sorceries.  This is why Jesus said the love of money is the root of all evil....He was talking to His own.  The word of Almighty God says to "buy the truth, and SELL IT NOT."  Babylon's "merchants" will be lamenting when she is judged....great will be her fall.

Rev 18:11-14

And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

And who do you think years back infected Africa and other parts of the world WITH this prosperity gospel .

The same ones they Cry give me those million dollar jets so we can spread the gospel .    And yet what gospel do they spread ,   THE PROSPERITY ONE .

You know what this reminds me of .     Something JESUS once told the Pharisees and religious elites .......

YE WILL COMPASS the land and sea to make a prolsetye ,   And you make him TWO FOLD more the child of hell than even yourselves .

THEY aint preaching JESUS , they preaching a gospel that has made them stacked high with money and left all who sit under it as blind if not blinder than even they were .

And the preachers who did this ,   will say things like ,  I HAD to TELL GOD to MOVE HIS SON out of MY WAY , SO that  I COULD GET THE JOB DONE

and STILL the people wont budge from sitting under those types .     Is it any wonder that after years and years , rising early GOD sent a few in to warn

these men and women of belial , and yet all they did was mock them .  SO is It any wonder that as of late , IT SEEMS they all going under this UNITY with ROME DELUSION .

ITS not accident .    Stay on an evil path and refuse correction ,   AND YOU GOING UNDER THE DELUSOIN .  And so they are and have been going under this massive end time

delusion of the all inclusion .    Were they not warned over the years to cease this from the few .  YOU BET They were , I have seen it on vidoes

where few would gather in front of their churches and some even go inside and warn them and plead for them to stop this .  And year after year

they would only mock ,  take them to courts , but never HEED the warning .    Well now all who reject and continue to reject the truth , WILL GO under the END TIME delusion .

And the lambs ,  BETTTER CLING to JESUS ,   cause their simply is NO HOPE in any other name .    CLING to HIM ,   we will be betrayed in the days ahead .  And let

all continuously REJOICE in the LORD and feast on bibles more , exhort daily and in all that we do or say , LET IT HONOR HIM .

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

It really is sad. To some people instances like that are their main contact with the Gospel. The precedent they set is really unfortunate.

Well be encouraged with what I say next .    If any that are trapped in this delusion or hear it from these men ,  TRULY reiceve CHRIST ,

OH they will for sure and for certain COME OUT from all this mess .    THEY will .    Only those who reject the true Image of Christ will remain in this stuff .

A sheep will be led out of it . BELEIVE ME ,   this has been the case for many upon many years .    Folks who are HIS , if they are in a rotted system and mindset

WILL leave that system and mindset .     But yes , you are correct , this is a tragedy what these folks have done .    In truth ,  its like

what occurred In even the bible .     The prophets prophesy falsely , those who teach my people cause them to err,  they are given to covetousness from the least unto the greatest of them .

They teach for hire , reward and money and the people LOVE to have it so.    Indeed their is nothing new under the sun .

But if under the law , one could be killed by two or three witnesses ,  HOW Much sorer punishment awaits those who do great evil and IN THE VERY NAME OF JESUS they do the evil .

Better pray folks repent fast .    Because no one wants to stand before the LORD on HIS DAY having done great evil , IN the name of JESUS .    NO ONE . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,459
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, Worship Warriors said:

Giving in the NT

SERMON ON THE MOUNT

Jesus starts with giving first. I would have started with prayer, fasting then giving. But Jesus starts first with giving, then prayer and fasting. Why!! Giving is an emblem of the covenant. In ancient times, this is how they would make a covenant:

They would take an animal, normally a heifer, cut in half, head to tail. Then the two parties would walk through the middle of the sacrifice. You cannot have a covenant without the shedding of blood. The shedding of blood implies a life lay down. They were saying to one another: I am laying down my life for you. You cannot be in a covenant and hold on dear to your life. Then they would exchange their assets. All that I have is yours and all what is yours is mine.

Abraham was in covenant relationship with God. In Genesis 14, after his return from victory over Kedorlaomer and all his allies, Melchesedek came out to meet him with bread and wine and God said to Abraham: I am the possessor of heaven and earth. All I have is yours. What can Abraham give to God! He was rich in livestock. I’ll give you 10% of all that I have as a token of the covenant that all I have is yours.

Today we have the new covenant. We take the emblem of the bread and the wine as a sign of the covenant and we give the tithes as a token of the covenant that everything we have belonged to God. . The tithes existed long before the giving of the Torah. Later on, God incorporated it in the Torah to make it easy for the people to remember it. Tithing is where we begin but this is not the ceiling. Israel was commanded to give beyond the tithes.

https://worshipwarriorsministry.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=VlUuA64rntE

I see someone studies their Bible  :D

To piggyback on your post a bit. The law was abolished and we're under Grace; the Olive Tree (spiritual Israel), rejected Christ and still maintains the Law and desperately wants a return to the sacrificial system and a Temple. I believe certain things like the Ten Commandments and tithing's were not abolished and carry over to the teachings of the New Testament. I recently observed a poll / study that stated the average for Christian offerings and tithes is just 1%, and they considered that a lot of income? 

Religious hucksters such as Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen prey on the vulnerable with their prosperity Gospel and live lavish lifestyles, while many of their followers go hungry and can't even pay the rent.

I hate to go off topic, but the literal person of Melchisedec is fascinating. There are three popular views of whom this King of Salem (Jerusalem) might be; one of which I highly doubt and won't mention. A very good case could be made that it was 'Shem', the son of Noah, for reasons too long to state here. The other that it's the preincarnate Christ, a Christophany. I lean toward the latter; what's your opinion? 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

If the early church of Apostles ever asked believers to pay tithe to them, they would surely hv been arrested by the whole Jews in Jerusalem for 'STEALING THE RIGHTS OF THE LEVITES' and they would surely be FINISHED right there not even God would help them.

wolf.png

It's been that way for many centuries. Christianity is the belief that Jesus died and was reurrected as atonement for our sins, allowing us to be with our creator in spite of our flaws. In a very real way, he masks our flaws. 

Religion is man made. Some of the world's religions are an attempt to worship our God in all sorts of ways (Catholic, Baptist, AG, etc), and other religions are an attempt to worship other gods. Still others grow around certain creations of man -worship of man. This would include things like being a staunch supporter of AGW, (Anthropogenic Global Warming ) and stuff like that.

All man made religion is flawed.