• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

How do you personally worship the Lord?

I dont mean in church. I mean on a daily basis, how do you worship Him?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,806
  • Content Per Day:  7.96
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Prayer and meditation within His Word everyday with obedience (not perfect) following... I see my growth by the alienation of this world from my being...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

I worship the Lord through prayer & reading the Bible & listening to Contempary Christian music :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, ayin jade said:

How do you personally worship the Lord?

I dont mean in church. I mean on a daily basis, how do you worship Him?

Consciously acknowledge that he is my creator and he is the ultimate authority and in control, giving him the credit for everything good, and having the confidence that his will will be done. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Great question! One of the key explanation for the term worship is 'adoration'. For me worship involves many and some of them are - reading Word of God, praising Him in prayers and songs, following His commands, giving testimony of His goodness to others, giving my time to Lord (helping others or helping at Church), financial givings.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I start my days with God's word n prayer. I try to live my life on the path chosen for me to the best of my ability, askin' for guidance when I am lost, for answers when I have none. praisin' His glory for all that He has provided.

just my two bits  JJ

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

1 hour ago, Jostler said:

Lately I honestly believe He has been showing me that worshiping  in Spirit and Truth  is more about  what  we are, than what we do.  Worship is BEING a worshiper  and the defining force that manifests  us as worshipers  is obedience.  Worship and BEING holy are inextricably  related  and obedience is fundamental to both.

If we're worshipers, all those things we do in  obedience will simply manifest in abundance as He  guides us into them moment  by  moment.  Reading His Word, singing  His  praises and honoring  His magnificence  in song,  or dance, praying....fasting.   All acts of obedience are worship....but the acts themselves spring from BEING what  He has  called us  to be.....obedient sons and daughters, eager  to be about  the  Father's business.

This is so accurate. One can get fixated on doing things as a Christian, when it's the relationship with God that matters most. All those acts must come flowing from that relationship, which, as you said is based on worship and obedience. Your words are so much more eloquent and succinct than mine! Haha!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

By doing the little things that hopefully make God happy to look at me. Small everyday good deeds - perhaps listening to someone who is in need of a listener, giving spare change to a person in need, helping a friend, reaching out to someone I know has been lonely etc. - I think this is a really good and effective way of getting closer to Jesus by getting closer to His people. It's good to have a goal of doing something for someone at least once every day, however small the thing. Of course it's not going to be doable every day, but it's a good concept to keep in mind.

The other way I try worship God is to remind myself of His presence in common everyday moments. When I'm dressing up, queueing somewhere, driving etc. - just dedicate one thought to acknowledge that He's there with you and share the moment with Him - it's quite literally one hundredth of a second that needs to be dedicated to this but it makes a world of difference.

And of course, by reading a bit of scripture every day before bed and meditating on what I read for a while - trying to understand it from different angles, maybe reading up on cultural/historical context of what I read or other peoples opinions and interpretations - just do something to ensure it's not mindless reading. And then by prayer, of course.

These are things I consciously pay attention to every day. A checklist of sorts if you will. There are moments of spontaneous need/want to worship occasionally, especially during harder times, but I don't count that as a systematic worship.