• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

what is worship?

I need to spend time in His presence first and connect with His heart . I do this by singing praises to him and pouring out my love on him in songs. what the Lord is after is a surrendered heart that is poured out to him. Like Mary of Bethany who poured out the costly ointment at his feet.

this much Lord , I love you.

https://worshipwarriorsministry.com.au/

Edited by George
Removed Video -- All videos need to be posted in the Videos section. You can post the video there -- then link to that video page within this post.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all,

To me worship technically is song, and best done in corporate worship with the local body of saints gathered to praise God; but the worship never stops, in that by doing  what is both obedient and has become the desire to do all that is done to the glory of God, I can give thanks to God for all things, big and small, good and bad.

Whether that be thanks for the surprise visitor, or the extending literally  a cup of cool water to a stranger in the name of Jesus matters not; for  it all is submission born of appreciation that  God the Holy Spirit first called specifically to  me and turned me about from my sin against God to my submission to Him through His Son Jesus who is my Lord God and personal savior. That was done by God alone without any merit  within me. God has chosen to reveal himself and call me to him as His own child, to be born again. Not restored for I was born totally depraved, but born again adopted into the household of God. 

I also worship in song alone or in the presence of my wife, or most anyone that happens to overhear, with many  tunes hymns and praises. At my age I do love a couple of simple songs, not full of great doctrine but full of accurate promise; "Ain't No Grave" and "I'll Flyaway". As I have the promise that is certin that I will go one way  or the other to be with my Lord Jesus  in the presence of God the father for eternity with the Holy Spirit.

Ha, I am sure a few people have thought where's the net  needed to take that guy to the booby hatch asylym. when they see this crusty looking old dude singing I'll Fly Away, or especially  Claude Ely's version of Ain't No Grave going to hold this body down"

And yes I do give thanks to God for that good parking space that opened up, and  also the nearly full parking lot that makes me get some exercise walking the hot asphalt. - Giving literally thanks  in all things, a form of appreciative worship, the trust in God.

There are many things that happen that are awful hard to take in this life in the flesh! There are things that hurt deeply that I do not understand the need of, but I give thanks even in the matters which hurt deeply. For all thing do work together for good for those that are in and of Christ Jesus with the  God granted privilege of worshipping in song, from It IS Well to Joy Comes In The Morning.

• Thumbs Up 1