Will you be my church?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Well, I would say keep things simple when explaining things to them.   Simple and sincere.   Don't overwhelm them with Christianeze language. :) The change they see in you will also be a testimony to them.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

I can relate well. But it did not work out for me.

As a fairly 'new' believer, you path will be strewn with pitfalls and challenges. From experience, you cannot undo the things of the past and the people who have already made up their minds. So do not try.

Just be YOU. God made you to be you and function as you and not someone else that others expect.

Do not get carried away with crazy doctrines because that is a natural 'IDENTITY' thing that may make you 'feel' more secure. There are loads of groupies of all flavors out there seeking who they may devour.

One or two solid Christian ladies is probably what you need as sounding boards.

Being weak and nervous make you VERY ATTRACTIVE to the Lord our God. Blessings!!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

10 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

Dear all,

I am going to need my brothers and sisters in Christ very soon. Can you help?

Quick background- was a wishy washy, cultural Christian/ lukewarm Catholic/New Ager all my life. Live far from family with my non believing husband and small kids.

In April, I joined a Bible based church and was Born Again. I have one good Christian friend and the pastor is great, as is his wife.

Soon I will be going back to see family for a month. My family and friends are either lukewarm Christians or nonbelievers,  or somewhere within that spectrum. I am going to be alone amd will be telling everyone about my conversion.  I know that everyone will think Ihave lost my mind (trying not to care!) and that I will also be put in situations where I will be expected to behave like the old me. I know God will be there the whole time, and that any persecution glorifies Him, but I'm weak and nervous.

Can anyone relate or offer advice? Can I have some backup from you guys?

Thank you!

I wouldn't force my beliefs on my family members, and I wouldn't worry about what they think of me. They might be pleased to see the change in you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

Dear all,

Quick background- was a wishy washy, cultural Christian/ lukewarm Catholic/New Ager all my life. Live far from family with my non believing husband and small kids.

In April, I joined a Bible based church and was Born Again. I have one good Christian friend and the pastor is great, as is his wife.

Soon I will be going back to see family for a month. My family and friends are either lukewarm Christians or nonbelievers,  or somewhere within that spectrum. I am going to be alone amd will be telling everyone about my conversion.  I know that everyone will think Ihave lost my mind (trying not to care!) and that I will also be put in situations where I will be expected to behave like the old me. I know God will be there the whole time, and that any persecution glorifies Him, but I'm weak and nervous.

Thank you!

Just pray to God and be bold. Do not be afraid to share your testimony. At the same time, remember you are only sharing your experience. Don't try to make them believe you. That's not going to help. Just convey what you have to and leave it there

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

Dear all,

Thank you!

You are not going to be alone. God is always with you. You can pray to God to guide and direct your every step. Be a Christian example for your family. Tell them what you believe and answer any questions about Jesus Christ that they have. Do not compromise your faith. Do not allow yourself to be put in ungodly situations. Be assertive and exhibit all the fruits of the Holy Spirit. God will give you strength if you ask Him. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

First thing to remember is, all we can do is bring Christ to man, only God can bring man to Christ.

So just act normally, that is, the new creation in Christ you, ask the Lord daily for boldness and strength to resist compromise and the temptation of falling back into the old you the family knew before.

It is written, to those that are alive we are the order of life, to those that are dead we are the odor of death,, so be prepared, your very presence will offend, ...the Holy Spirit living in you will convict them of sin, righteousness and judgement.

Personally I have found my old acquaintances looked at my behavior more than what I have to say, ...so just be a bundle of joy running around the house serving them, ...it will blow their minds and cause them to ask what changed you, ...ah..., now you have their attention, ...just tell 'em, ...Jesus!

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

along with you we ARE the church :)   I will be praying for you, and to Him who is able to keep us from falling, be blessing and glory and honor, power and dominion forever!

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,

To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

It is written, to those that are alive we are the order of life, to those that are dead we are the odor of death,, so be prepared, your very presence will offend,

Yeah, that would be offensive alright... :whistling: But seriously, just pray and allow the Lord to take over each and every day of the time you're there. Not one day will be as the other. You'll have different situations, and varied activities, and people involved, so it's a hard call knowing exactly what to do and say. As you rise to greet each morning before getting up, dedicate that day for Christ. He will guide you. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Yeah, that would be offensive alright... :whistling:

Isn't it amazing, interesting how six little words, "But, the Word of God says..." can make us so offensive to the religious folk, ...and, "Lord bless," or "Jesus loves you," brings smiles and hugs from family.... 

• Thumbs Up 1