Will you be my church?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you so much everyone. Its great you know that you will all be here when I need you!

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Thewhitedove,

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 4:6-7

You can trust God to see you through this time with your family and friends.  I think it will actually be exciting for you, because you will be able to show them the new "you" just by being a living testimony to your changed life by how you serve your family, your attitude and how you treat others.  Expect to be tested by them! But you will grow from this experience and your faith will really grow because you will be trusting God completely. Think how you may have responded if someone from your family was in your situation and came home telling you they were born again and believed in Jesus (they may be skeptical or think your going through a phase) etc... Be patient and loving.  I would let God lead you in each situation with family members, let conversations naturally open a door for you to share how your life has been changed.   Remember, it is only our responsibility to share the gospel. It is up to God at that point to open the person's heart and accept his grace. You can't argue a person to have a change of heart. That is God's job.  Just focus on seeing your family again and enjoying their company.  I know you'll do fine, because you are already mentally prepared for some of their reactions and you aren't alone. 

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/16/2019 at 9:57 AM, Thewhitedove said:

Dear all,

I am going to need my brothers and sisters in Christ very soon. Can you help?

Quick background- was a wishy washy, cultural Christian/ lukewarm Catholic/New Ager all my life. Live far from family with my non believing husband and small kids.

In April, I joined a Bible based church and was Born Again. I have one good Christian friend and the pastor is great, as is his wife.

Soon I will be going back to see family for a month. My family and friends are either lukewarm Christians or nonbelievers,  or somewhere within that spectrum. I am going to be alone amd will be telling everyone about my conversion.  I know that everyone will think Ihave lost my mind (trying not to care!) and that I will also be put in situations where I will be expected to behave like the old me. I know God will be there the whole time, and that any persecution glorifies Him, but I'm weak and nervous.

Can anyone relate or offer advice? Can I have some backup from you guys?

Thank you!

Just be strong and courageous.