• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

Ephesians 4:24 (NASB)
and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.

The doing of righteousness is that that kills the old self. For the old must die so the new can live. For as much as we were free from righteousness before we became regenerated, just the same we are to be free from unrighteousness with the putting on of the new self. As before regeneration sin could be done without the heart being pricked and know that it had done wrong. Now when unrighteousness is done the heart gets pricked and it is shown what good and bad behavior are. What righteousness and unrighteousness are. Now as regenerated persons we are to choose the good and righteous action. Whereby by that action establishing peace. 

For the doing of righteousness puts on the new self and is death to the old. It is by faith do we reckon the old dead. It is by faith we reckon the new alive and as that faith is never to no avail we are told to put on the new man. Which was created in righteousness for the manifestation of righteousness. For righteousness pleases God and the doing of righteousness we are all called to. So today let us put on the new self a little more than yesterday. Let us walk in a little more righteousness than yesterday. For God’s eyes are always searching for the heart that is willing to do righteousness so He can be present and bless the heart with a joy and a peace that is beyond measure. So as those that want the blessings of God in our lives, let righteousness be the hallmark of our doing. 

Many blessings to all that would strive after the marks of putting on the new self which is the manifestation of righteous actions in all things. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Yes. I endeavor to do more and more good and right deeds and less sins and selfish actions. And I sure do feel that "heart prick" when I choose the unrighteous path! Also, I've noticed more opportunities to help people and be of service since getting close to the Lord. That's really exciting! 

The Message Bible translates Ephesians 4:20-24 this way:

"But that's no life for you. You learned Christ! My assumption is that you have paid careful attention to him, been well instructed in the truth precisely as we have it in Jesus. Since, then, we do not have the excuse of ignorance, everything-and I do mean everything-connected with that old way of life has to go. It's rotten through and through. Get rid of it! And then take on an entirely new way of life-a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you." 

That last part is so beautiful. 

• Loved it! 1

@Always a Moon

I’m all sorts of blessed when I can see someone’s relationship with Christ through their writings, as with this post. 

“since getting closer to the Lord”

Such beautiful words are those. May that relationship you have with your Savior and Lord be such a growing and abounding one, that He would put people, places, things in your life, so that not only you are blessed but that your light might shine on all He brings in your path. That Christ might be read in you in an ever increasing way. 

Blessings as you press into Him. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

@Not me

Thank you for your words. I pray for those blessings constantly. To hear a perfect stranger wish them on me is incredibly special and touching. 
May God's peace be with you. 

• Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, Always a Moon said:

@Not me

Thank you for your words. I pray for those blessings constantly. To hear a perfect stranger wish them on me is incredibly special and touching. 
May God's peace be with you. 

Your more than welcome, and it shows that you do. 

For there is one God, one faith, one salvation.  And we both are pressing in that we might know Him personally...

Thanks so much for your blessing. 

May Christ increase Himself in all that would call upon Him from a pure heart and unite us in the love of God, and in the fellowship of the Spirit. 

Blessings,