• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Always a Moon said:

I'm not so great at visualizing, but I do like the idea of the Lord standing right with me. 

I should have added that I still struggle to always demonstrate (cultivate) the Fruits of the Spirit as well!  Life is hard and the flesh is weak, right?  But I am getting much better, all praise to Yahweh and thanks to Jesus. 

He is so patient, kind and gracious to us!   The more I seek Him and stay in His Word, the more the Fruit is apparent, sometimes in ways that surprise me - as I used to be very stubborn and cold to others.  How amazing is the work He does in us! 

I'm sure you will be feeling very different to your original post soon, whether next week, month or year.  Trust.  Your heart's desire for this Fruit is good and right, and Yahweh will reward you on your journey.

Thank you for your very kind words.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, ravindran said:

fruits of the Spirit are different from gifts of the Spirit

Yeah, I'm realizing I posted this in the wrong place. That's out of ignorance, because I do not know what gifts of the spirit are so I took the category name to mean fruits of the spirit lol. Guess what I'll be researching next...:mgdetective:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

4 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

He is so patient, kind and gracious to us!   The more I seek Him and stay in His Word, the more the Fruit is apparent, sometimes in ways that surprise me - as I used to be very stubborn and cold to others.  How amazing is the work He does in us! 

Amen! I'm so grateful for His faithful love and mercy. Knowing Him has changed everything for me, and I can't tell you how much it needed changing! I look forward to the ongoing journey!

• Praise God! 3

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Can't plant a seed and get fruit the next day..........

Regarding gifts of the Spirit they are found in 3 different places and have different purposes.

I used to have a tough time remembering them. I'd read about them one time then read about gifts another time and got confused because they seemed different....it's because they are and they are in different parts of the NT. 

Keep in mind, we won't have them all, because how God chooses to shape the pot of our lives is different for each one of us.

Romans 12 outlines the ones that God has put in our individual DNA... you may realize that you have a tendency towards one or two, more than the others. They color the way you look at most things and when you are called into different church ministries (that are gifts to the community Eph.) your gifts will show up in how you prefer to work within them.

In Eph 4 you will find the gifts that God has given to the church in the form of positions to minister. As I said when you serve in those positions your ministry will tend to be strongest in the areas where your natural gifting is.

1 Cor 12:8 lists the Spiritual gifts that God will put into a person for a time as it serves His purpose. It's important to understand that no matter what God calls you in to He will provide you with what you need.

None of the gifts you find here will have any fruit if you have not accepted Christ as Lord and have Gods Spirit living in you ..see 1 Cor 2:10-16

You can find any number of questionnaires that will help you to zero in on your gifting. When you start to apply your gifting, that's when you will really start to see how God can use you and how the fruits of your spirit willing to minister for the Lord will start to show.

I want to say one last thing...don't do stuff to see fruit, do stuff to love (1Cor 13), the fruit will follow.

Welcome back and God bless you

Edited by Mike 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

GOD aways gives me plenty of opportunity to produce the fruit--very challenging situations that try me to the uttermost.  The areas I have had the most problems in I failed in so badly that I still hang my head in shame.  When faced with similar situations I remember my shame and while I may not have the best attitudes as yet, as least I am able to hold my tongue and recognize it so that I don't disgrace God's Name.  At least by recognizing my weakness it keeps me from spiritual pride or self righteousness.  The only good thing in me is Christ Jesus.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On 7/17/2019 at 8:31 AM, ravindran said:

As others have pointed out, fruits of the Spirit are different from gifts of the Spirit. Fruits are byproducts of abiding in Him. The more we empty ourselves and allow Lord to fill with His Spirit, the more fruits we will produce. I think it would be a slow, gradual process that comes with exercising faith on a daily basis. Lot of time on Scripture, lot of time in prayers, lot of time listening in Christian fellowship and so on. Just like how slowly a fruit comes out. Needs lots of nurturing, water, nutrients, etc. The most important thing is abiding in Him. A branch cut off from the vine will not produce fruit. A person cut off from Christ will not produce fruits. There is no secret formula for this I guess. Just patiently seeking God in everything on a daily basis!

Agreed, the Fruit of the Spirit is different from the Gift of the Spirit. I read two of your post from your site, with great intrest, which may relate to this topic by the OP.

1. "Abraham bringing Hagar from Egypt"

2. "Jesus and Samaritan woman at the well"

both had a "Hunger" and a "Thrist" for God, a Famine of FOOD/"BREAD", and WATER/"LIVING WATER", as with out OP for the Spiritual Gifts. Abraham "HUNGER" of Food gained him GREAT rewards. as well as the Samaritan woman who had a "THRIST" for God. 

as we're planted in God/Christ, we Hunger and Thrist for the word of God. for the prophet Amos by God said it best."Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD." Amos 8:11 (kjv).

so yes, as we're Planted as TREES by the River of Water, we hunger and thrist for the word of God, as a TREE Planted in Christ JESUS, we GROW in Him, then produce fruit in his SEASON. for the writer of Ecclesiastes states, is clearly, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven". so we must GROW, and in DUE SEASON, we will peoduce. 

May God bless,

PICJAG.

• This is Worthy 1