IGNORED

WHY cold shoulders, sections, and shyness in church ...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Guys this is PROBABLY WHY I CAME TO THIS FORUM.

I need real answers to this and many other questions as in my own church no one seems to have the time to answer my vast questions.

But lets please thrash this one out first...

I do understand that there are many levels in Christ and I don't seek this from those of no understanding. But to many Christians this openness matters.

Please look at it from a view where I don't force myself on anyone, am not in their face yet after many months still have available; one that seems to be in the new state.

By this I mean I'm not needy not pushy ;  self described just if I were not in the church as being a regular guy, and we are a church of 40  or so yet I have visited others

and found open discussions about a supernatural life are hard to even be on the table, unless a prophet or someone is needed or something.

My life is no longer my own now;

I am transformed from the world,am not shy in my new man, blown away by him more like it, such is the change and are really wondering if that is whats going on with myself and my wife & why do our brothers and sisters stay so distant.

Kev

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

fear is one reason.  in the  Garden mankind stood  before God and each  other 'naked and unashamed'.   the minute sin entered so did fear of exposure.  hiding became the  flesh impulse.  Hiding was the  result.

intimacy requires exposure, and as long  as i  fear what you'll see, and that you'll reject me  because of what you  see, fear will make me keep my masks on.

So unless we are freed by  Him, we avoid depth of relationship....unable to bear  the  thought of rejection.

i think the reality the allegory  of physical nakedness in the Garden represents might  be better described as "transparent vulnerability"  and i am fully  convinced He intends to restore our experience of it with Him and each  other.

I believe that will be a big part  of Him finally bringing the Body to full maturity.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

ALL YOU SAY IS TRUTH,

BUT AS NEW ,TRANSFORMED FROM THE WORLD, SET APART

TELL ME FRIEND

ARE WE NOT TO BE A LIGHT TO THE LOST

AND IF NOT SHOULD NOT OUR LIGHT SHINE MOST IN OUR GATHERINGS

ARE WE NOT A LIGHTHOUSE

THEREBY  WHY DO WE SEEM SO SHY ???

where can I find a people like this ,,,

Did you know in the world even the worst,,,,, the street people look out for each other,,,

should they not find more among us ???

• Thumbs Up 2

should, and one day will.  and I believe soon.   Many of His do not know that they know that they know they are LOVED.  ACCEPTED in  the Beloved.  Perfect  love  casts out fear, and when He deals with  the fear we will be free to  be transparent, sharing the love with which we ARE  loved...it's coming.

The Body  will be matured and the  Bride perfected....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

Yes I agree the day is coming,

But my friend for now as I experience HIS great love and are often in awe when I receive new revelation rather than bust, I seek the company of another that may share my thoughts, and as it is not long ago that I walked with another master.

Coming from the world after many years of backsliden life,  I am surprised that those which remained on their walk, have in many cases less unction to follow up on merely greeting one another each week.

To me returning home to my LORD was as the prodigal son somewhat :  and looking about and seeing those that never left much as they were  more than 15 years ago surprises me.

I don't want to compare or critersise but ask why ???

I SEE  HIS CHURCH AS A POWERHOUSE

BECAUSE OF HIS PRESENSE, I FEEL LARGER THAN WHEN I WAS IN THE WORLD

I FEEL THE DESIRE TO SHARE THAT WITH MY CHURCH ALSO.. as I sorta thought they may understand.

I'm sometimes secretly envious of the street people that I meet on the foreshore only in one area,,,,,,, COMMUNITY.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, kevana said:

I am transformed from the world,am not shy in my new man, blown away by him more like it, such is the change and are really wondering if that is whats going on with myself and my wife & why do our brothers and sisters stay so distant.

Let me see if I read you correctly, Kev. You'd like to discuss topics of what is known as, moving and operating in the Spirit, perhaps? Which is fine, there's no problem with that. It does take some time for us to get acquainted with one another here, and that's not as easily done as face-to-face situations of fellowship is, and can be. 

That being said, WCF is a diverse group of Jewish and Gentile believers. And also vary from established denominations, and non-denom as well. You'll probably find more that gear towards doctrinal topics of discussion, due to the comfort level of those who are extremely studious. 

It's not like a good deal of us aren't willing to put matters of the heart out there. We do. Some find it a bit more difficult to post things that are so personal about themselves, and some do not. All entries are under the possibility of being critiqued, and so some may be more shy in this manner. Am I making any sense to you so far?

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

I guess one way we can help advance His plans is to be as transparent as we know  how to be, risk the vulnerability and potential pain  of it.....set the example.

kinda  makes me wince a little thinking about it :) 

WYSIWYG saints.....  :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

kevana I am not all I should be in this very thing.  But I  want  to  be.   It's very difficult for  me too when He reveals something I didn't know...i long  to share  it...fire in my bones....I get excited and try....rejection.  I say "I will no more speak of Him....."  but it  doesn't work.   It's a thing :)

I'm learning I need to contain, control, release when He indicates there's someone capable of hearing....sow the seed and walk on ....give Him time to grow it.

I still "hide".....but I see it.   He's working on it :)

Edit to add: and He has given me one special friend, who  listens to my  rambles, is strong enough to "judge" revelations  with  me by  His  Word...refine them....identify where assumption or interpretation intruded ....nail it down.

I  think I'd have exploded  by now but  for this  friend...  And I know I am loved, warts and all.  in that environment i'm learning  to lay aside my masks....

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Umm... Okay, I see Kev. You were after some lofty spiritual convo, and a one-to-one thing at that. I waited for quite a while for just a reasonable acknowledgment to your post. The title grabbed me, and I was under the assumption that multiple responses were what was desired. And this would include some interaction, so I waited as you hung in there on the same thread you started. Guess that wasn't it. Alright, no harm, no foul. No offense taken either, for being ignored. Don't be surprised at finding me shy to respond to your future posts. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

Hi there Kev, some worthy responses to your questions so far. Jostler has pretty much unearthed the reality so many "christians" don't get past the "surface stuff" that real relationships are made of. You see, so many people have been "hurt " in their pasts and are understandably reluctant to be put in that position again. What it takes is  people who have been "set free" from their pasts, what I would term the "old man" having died to the flesh, knowing who they are in Christ, set free to be who they are in Christ, and love to share their freedom by being open to speak about their "walk with The Lord" with others.

My suggestion to you would be to re-evaluate where you worship, and seek  a God loving, God worshipping christian fellowship, where you and your bride can grow in your renewed relationship with Jesus. Remember, it needs to start with you and your wife, in the privacy of your home, as my wife and I do every morning, before the busyness of the day overtakes you, spend time in prayer together,. and individual reading of The Word, asking God, by the Power of The Holy Spirit, to reveal more of His character to you both. Then, as you step out the door, you will be more confident to face all that the day reveals, hoping this answers some of your queries, and as always, God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1