• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, I have a couple of questions.

Did Jesus take the punishment for our sins?

Did Jesus take the wrath of God for us?

Please bear with me if either of these questions seem unnecessary when considering a past question or past questions I've asked.

Edited by LeeGreenForest

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

The answer to both is Yes, Jesus took our punishment, he took our guilt, our shame to pay the penalty for our sins and he bore the wraith of God for us.

Romans 5:9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! 10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11 Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

7 hours ago, LeeGreenForest said:

Please bear with me if either of these questions seem unnecessary when considering a past question or past questions I've asked.

Yes and yes. Why? Have you personally trusted Jesus, not yourself, to save your soul, paying for your sin?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

8 hours ago, LeeGreenForest said:

I believe the answer to both your questions is yes.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,829
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

On 7/17/2019 at 2:55 AM, Lee_ said:

There is no more God's wrath to be pour upon people...

God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son to make peach between him and the whole world...

He made Jesus Lord over all, and he gave him all of his theoties-of his Godly powers- and tje Holy Spirit....

He made Jesus Lord and Judge over all...

This is telling us that the last person the God judge wad Jesus and he found him worthy...

And made him Lord over all but not over himself...and God rested..

Jesus has taken up everything...

The Government is upon his shoulders...Esaias 9:6,7..

Jesus took the punishment of our sins upon himself....

What does that mean? And how has that has affected everything...

In many ways....

First of all he does not hold our sins against us for punishment, as he knows that he was made the propritiation for our sins...it was pleased God that he bear the chastiment of our sins and our inequities..

But he does hold our sins and inequities against our holiness...

Jesus is the Life-giver, he does not have death!!!

He cannot give death to anyone...

He cannot give death to his children because of disobedience, sins and inequities...

They may abide in those things and live not in his light....but they do that as his children...still in his Life....

That's why he doses not asked them to believe in him, because they already believe in him...

He only asks them to clean their cloths, to repent...and to put on white raiments...not take over the dirty cloths after they throw them away...

The other significant for taken over to himself the punishment of our sins is that now in the new covenant he can call sinners to believe in him..

It means that Jesus has done something for the whole world, has cleaned the sin from the whole world...AS JOHN THE BAPTIST SAID: THE LAMB THAT TAKES AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD....

And that what Jesus was teaching Peter at his mission to Cornilious family, the Roman Gentiles on whom God pour his Holy Spirit on...the Penticost of the Gentiles...

Imidiatly after believing in him for the forgiveness of their sins...

Peter was astonish, he met himself as to what he did on the day of the Penticost of the Jewish people who had believed in Jesus Christ and he told them to repent after believing and to be baptized for the forgiveness of their sins and they will received the Holy Spirit...

Peter was astonish to find out that Jesus consider the Gentiles clean and he readily accepted their faith in him for the forgiveness of their sins...

Their faith still in their heart, which Peter could not see, and before their confession, but Peter understood that Jesus could see their unconfessed faith and he pour his Holy Spirit upon them in the manner of the day of Penticost...Jesus that day established the Gentiles as his new ministers of the Gospel...

PS

Not all of the ministers of the Gospel accepted what happened that day, they could not understand that there was no more distinction between Jew and Gentiles...

As in the old covenant begining with Abraham and the circumcision, they did not understand that when Jesus died not only the circumcision was taken away, but also the bdeligma "the Acrobistia ", of the Gentiles was taken away...the whole world both Jews and Gentiles needed Jesus Christ for their forgiveness of their sins....

As Jesus said to the Jews...

The Law will be taken away from you,,,if you do not believe in me, you will be in your sins...

And many ministers not only that time but even today they give a Gospel, the way Peter and the other disciples preach it before Jesus Christ revelations to Peter in the day of Cornilius, who taught Peter to call to faith the Gentiles as they are...

And he can see and accepts their faith without their confession...

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/16/2019 at 11:55 PM, Lee_ said:

Yes to both questions.