IGNORED

Thankyou

For this group. 

For many reasons i cannot attend church nor have i any Christian fellowship at the moment. 

Just knowing i can pop in on this group is a huge comfort. Like minded people, loving Lord Jesus. 

Actually, how about telling each other briefly what our life is like at the moment and what this group means to us? How are you today?

I will start off. I am under huge stress. Feeling depressed and worried that i may be on the brink of illness. I feel i am drowning. I put all my troubles in prayer to Jesus Christ knowing He will take care of me always. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Just now, Tzephanyahu said:

Good job @George, and thank you for dividing the Theology forum on this matter to clear the path for other discussions.   

You're welcome ... things can get hectic and when passions are riled ... the one thing I never want to tame is having a zeal for the Lord ... but when zeal is overcomed by losing ones peace and joy, then these are the times to take a step back and refocus!  This is why I truly believe it's important to take that rest from the world when you find yourself in these positions!  :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I will start off. I am under huge stress. Feeling depressed and worried that i may be on the brink of illness. I feel i am drowning. I put all my troubles in prayer to Jesus Christ knowing He will take care of me always. 

Be sure to post your concerns in the Prayer Requests forum.  :)  I'll add you to my prayer list.  :)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

For this group. 

For many reasons i cannot attend church nor have i any Christian fellowship at the moment. 

Just knowing i can pop in on this group is a huge comfort. Like minded people, loving Lord Jesus. 

Actually, how about telling each other briefly what our life is like at the moment and what this group means to us? How are you today?

I only quoted you so I wouldn't have to keep scrolling up to remember what you said, too many birthday candles you know...

For me: It's such a privilege and blessing to be able to attend church for all the reasons listed in our Bible. Christian fellowship (where ever you find it) is so important and uplifting in our lives. The Apostle Paul stated many times his love and gratitude for the church and his Christian friends and servants. Each born again believer is in the family of Christ; we are eternal brothers and sisters in Christ at this very moment. I strive to always remember that in word and deed and apply it to my life. Behind a keyboard can become so impersonal and can often be interpreted other than the way you intended. Theology can, has and will become a heated debate many times; but when has arguing over secondary issues ever resolved anything? We can agree to disagree in love and respect for one another in our hermeneutics, bibliology and eschatology. 

I love studying the Bible, sharing what I've learned, researching and asking questions of the many things I do not know or understand. In our Wednesday evening Bible study; it's structured and seldom an appropriate opportunity to ask questions not related to what we're studying. It's nice to hop on here and ask questions and even share your understanding of a topic civilly.

I struggle at times to put all my cares and worries at the feet of Jesus as I should. That seems to compound my stress and worries not doing so. I get those fiery darts from Satan thrown at me at times and have to remember the full armor of God. Then there's the ever present desires of the flesh that wants to be released...

At the moment what my life is like, or I desperately want it to be; would best be described by the hymnal, "It's Well With My Soul". The back story to this hymnal should melt every heart.

God Bless you Melinda!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

16 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

For this group. 

I love you already sister.....(((((hugs))))))

Besides Jesus, I hope you have a family member or friend who is there by yourside lending an ear, shoulder, or whatever kind of support you may need. 

As for me, I’m in and out of here. Now that I retired, I am really studying the Bible, in particular Bible prophecy, real hard. Going through OT prophets and breaking down Revelation and Daniel word by word. 

I then come here to take a break from study and seek fellowship. 

I will be looking for you, Sister. I’m easy to spot.....pointed ears! ?

Spock

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sorry to hear of your difficult time right now. I pray for your peace and your rescue from the brink of the abyss. You have our Lord on your side and all around you, so who can touch you? 

This board is new to me, but what an oasis I have found it to be! So replenishing and thought-provoking...I love reading so many of the threads here because I do not get this type of comprehensive, Christ-centered fellowship anywhere, even my church. And the openness so many people have to lay bare their hearts and souls, asking for guidance, prayer, and friendship. It's very special. 

• Loved it! 1