• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Perhaps I was a little obtuse,  I have not seen metal cleats in a long time, and club shafts are not necessarily made metals anymore.

:thumbs_up:

"The original Softspikes were introduced in 1993, primarily to alleviate damage caused by traditional metal spikes to greens and, not coincidentally, wooden bridges, walkways, clubhouse carpets and floors. Not long after, courses began banning metal spikes. Today, they are history, except for some PGA Tour pros"

I
haven't wore golf shoe w/metal cleats since last century, and, most drivers/woods   "made today have a graphite shaft and a mostly-hollow titanium, composite, or steel head, of relatively light weight allowing faster club-head speeds"

It's not so hot if you play with me. I spend plenty of time in the shade.
Looking off the fairway in the trees for my ball........
default_cool2.gif.710ce2cd15df7863076b2b18282042c2.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

32 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Woke up to rain this morning. Wonderful, beautiful, rain. :emot-heartbeat:

I’m like you....love beautiful rain.....as long as I’m not scheduled to go golfing or play tennis at that time. Sorry for being selfish here but I really look forward to my exercise time too. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Was to start my walking regimen today, looked up into the soft white sky, and thought, perfect! Well evidently not quite, as it has turned to rain. Guess I have to learn to read mountain sky a little better.

I am used to that low black sky of Florida that pounds out doom doom doom is coming wrapping lightning bolts clean across the horizon.

Here in the mountains it is just soft light grayish sky color, and the leaves begin their dancing. I thought butterfly, I see lots of butterflies, but no it was first droplets of steady rain drifting up over me, making leaves on the ground vines dance. Then the steady rain came in like a blanket being pulled up tight on a soft cool bed.  We are in for steady rain today.

Town  is eighteen miles away, small town, nice people too. Maybe I don't need supplies yet, think I'll stay here read and put on some coffee. Oh, it is 78 f here  going down to 69 by next sunrise time. Wonder what it is like at the subtropics today? No on second thought I don't. It is so nice to be here. Thank you Lord, Thank you.

Ah memories, the thunder is softer up here, how odd. I just remembered the time of my youth having some 300 foot of copper fishing line out trolling for salmon on a New Hampshire lake when the storm hit the slopes and skied on down faster than we could prepare.  We had one bailing one railing and another trying to keep the small craft into the wind. Amazing how rough a lake can get, almost worse than an ocean squall. Just a fond memory of times with  my father and an uncle back when I was young. This mountain time is good for me I think. Again, Thank you Lord. It is a privilege indeed.

May all on the board get some relief from any heat wave still going on, and may all have a day  of rest and peace to enjoy without intrusions.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

It's a good thing lead was removed from paint. I don't need that in my system from cooking bacon and eggs on the hood of my truck :D

Seriously though; I remember as a kid living without air conditioning during extended periods of 107+ degree temperatures and trying to sleep at night. We are so blessed to live in this day and age of all the conveniences that make life so comfortable and easy. Getting into our hot automobile and flipping the switch and moments later it's nice and comfortable, going to Walmart to load our shopping carts full of delicious eatables. If I didn't know better, I'd say I have become 'soft'. 

Imagine what the population of Phoenix, Las Vegas and all the SW would be without air conditioning and the installation of dam's for an arid area? Yeah I know, but, but, but it's a dry heat :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon: 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 7/17/2019 at 1:17 PM, LadyKay said:

Just sharing that my area has an excessive heat wave coming for Friday and Saturday.  Heat index expected to be 105 to 112.  I am not a hot weather person! So this maybe the end of me. :cool:

9.    Police ask Crooks to ‘Hold Off’ On Crime This Weekend Due To ‘Extreme Heat’

From CBS News:

The Braintree Police Department had some fun explaining to residents that they should “hold off” on any crimes they are planning this weekend.

In a Facebook post, they wrote, “Folks. Due to the extreme heat, we are asking anyone thinking of doing criminal activity to hold off until Monday.”

They said doing so would be dangerous because of the hot temperatures.

• Haha 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

23 minutes ago, Sower said:

9.    Police ask Crooks to ‘Hold Off’ On Crime This Weekend Due To ‘Extreme Heat’

From CBS News:

The Braintree Police Department had some fun explaining to residents that they should “hold off” on any crimes they are planning this weekend.

In a Facebook post, they wrote, “Folks. Due to the extreme heat, we are asking anyone thinking of doing criminal activity to hold off until Monday.”

I saw this in the news. I thought it was hysterical. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, Sower said:

From CBS News:

Oh, that's a really good one!   Thanks, I needed that! :24:

Btw, LadyKay, you are welcome in my topic on President Trump.   I don't know if you saw my note to you about that.   Even though you might not always agree with some here, you are always pleasant and humorous.   I appreciate that.