Thewhitedove

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

Judge it by its fruit. If it glorifies Jesus and improves your Christian walk, it was probably the Lord. If it pulls you down a rabbit trail of fruitlessness, it wasn’t Him. I’d say this even for dreams/visions that sound Biblically plausible. If a vision of the future does not come true, no matter how much it sounds like the Bible, it wasn’t the Lord. No two visions from the Lord are ever identical, so it doesn’t have to be word-for-word like a story in the Bible, but it needs to be supported by Biblical principles, and it needs to actually edify. The Lord will NOT show us anything today that contradicts the Bible. He may have some creative ways to teach us, but He will always teach us Bible.

There was a time when Ezekiel’s vision of wheels within wheels was unexpected. There was a time when nobody thought they’d see Moses and Elijah visiting Jesus on a mountain. The Lord can do whatever He wants, within the parameters of what Biblically makes sense.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

God is still in the vision business......you’ll just have to trust me on that.....The vision I was given was so amazing and precious I have never shared it with anyone .....and when it is from God, you KNOW it’s from God......

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Yes, as someone else has said - if the visions we have are scriptural in nature and exalt Christ - then one can only count it as genuine.

God is sending visions to Muslims in Islamic countries today.  I've heard pastors say that and I fact-checked it myself.  I pray and have prayed that he send more visions of Christ to them.

God can and does speak however he chooses.  Primarily through the Bible as it is so readily available, but in other ways when it warrants it or when Bibles are few and far between.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

To THEWHITEDOVE ...

YESS I BELIEVE YOU,

AND BLESSED ARE  YOU FOR

I HAVE NEVER SEEN...

Kev

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

What do you all think? Are all signs or visions from the enemy? Or can they be from God as long as we match it to scripture?

What do you think?

Because this had such a profound experience of your being able to forgive, it does sound pretty legit to me. Others have stated the facts of visions and/or dreams should by all means line up biblically. And if not of course, they're questionable, and more than likely not from the Lord. Interesting your mention of Jesus not being a Hippie. No, He isn't. ;)

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

If anyone told me that Jesus Christ had appeared before them I would meet that with a healthy dose of skepticism and prudence. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

5 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Because this had such a profound experience of your being able to forgive, it does sound pretty legit to me. Others have stated the facts of visions and/or dreams should by all means line up biblically. And if not of course, they're questionable, and more than likely not from the Lord. Interesting your mention of Jesus not being a Hippie. No, He isn't. ;)

we got a beloved hippie in BeauJangles anyhow :)   rofl

Jostler ----------------------------------------> running from Beau

• Haha 1