kevana

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Born again Christians are only physically in this world but not of it. We are not to engage in the sinful activity this world promotes. We are to be set apart from this world. Our focus is on God and seeking the light. This world is seeking the dark. Although God does want us to enjoy his beautiful creation such as the stars, the moon the beautiful mountains....etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, pg4Him said:

I resisted Christ for years in my youth because I’d met enough “Christians” to be highly skeptical. In Romans, Paul chastised the Jews for making God a punchline among the Gentiles — and Christians today are repeating the cycle. American Christianity went over the cliff about 60 years ago when it became a business model. Now, even among small local churches, policy is made by consumer spending research, marketing plans, and leadership seminars. With the right business model, they can keep this system running with or without the Holy Spirit. Pastors go in these days expecting six-figure incomes, benefits, severance packages, etc. They stack the deacon/elder boards with the five or six most financially successful men in the crowd (who are good tithers of course) and then the pastor is shocked when a change in business plans results in his firing.

Meanwhile for the lay members, money is wasted on fruitless programs and shallow study books. The music hurts their ears, the ‘preaching’ is based on TV shows they’ve never seen, and the home group is run by an airhead who does not return phone calls. But when they complain, they are dismissed as selfish consumers only looking for what’s in it for them. You can only do this for so many Sundays in a row before you’re done.

There’s a new church plant in every public school in my town. Same website design, same buzz words, same marketing language, same everything. ‘A new kind of church with authentic community for people who want to love God and serve others.’ When one goes financially bust, the ”pastor” moves down to the road to a new neighborhood development, rebrands himself, and plants another one.

For years its the same dead end stuff that gets repackaged and sold .     You spot on right sister .

its not the first time I have heard this song and dance .   Seems like every time I turn around some upcoming new name is spouting the same stuff

others before him have .   

When the christains learn that the REASON folks don't come to JESUS ,   is because the love darkness rather than light .   THEN we will simply SPEAK TRUTH

LIVE IT ,  and whoever hears amen and many will reject .    What we need is to HEED .        and to FEED .    

HEED CHRIST ,  FEED ON BIBLES .     Because I can tell us all ,   no matter how kind , or how grave ,   or how much truth , or how many bad examples ,

The reason I DID not come to JESUS ,   Was because I loved darkness .     But grace appeared .    Instead of the same old , same old , lets try and see

HOW we can get them,    are we being like the world enough , or whatever rhyme and reason they give ,     Just LEARN JESUS and read the bible .

THEN we would know ,    The same TRUTH and the same approach that JESUS and the apostels did ,   WELL ITS RELEVANT TO ALL TIMES AND GENERATIONS .

Thus change not this pattern ,  JUST preach truth ,    God knows who the sheep are and who will come .    JUST PREACH TRUTH .

• Thumbs Up 2

Pander not to the world to win the world .      Lets see does the world trust us .     ITS Not supposed to .   its supposed to hate us and lie about us

just like it did to the early church .      marvel not if the world lies about you , hates you .   It hated HIM ,  and it will us too .

Do not be yoked with those that are given to CHANGE .     Simply speak and live the truth , by the SPIRIT and whoever comes amen and who ever rejects , its on them .

Does the world trust us .    ITS NOT SUPPOSED to .  

If we live HOLY ,    its going to hate us and not understand us at all .      Does the world trust us ,    Its not supposed too .

Thus let none entertain concepts nor ideals ,    for this is just the same message as usual .    

Seeker friendly may as well have said ,  HEY lets omit truth , Christ and that pattern , and lets just have one big social club .    IN essence its all it is .

Does the world trust us ,   ITS NOT SUPPOSED TOO .

IT supposed to hate us , misunderstand us ,  ridicule and mock us .   

Does the world trust us .    Again its not supposed to .  JUST LIVE HOLY , FOLLOW THE SPIRIT , SPEAK and LIVE TRUTH and ponder and marvel not over what is relevant

or not .   Just follow Christ and  learn the bible , and HE will give us a mouth . 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

IN this there is more than some truth friend.

JOSTLER  here has shared a piece with me ; from The Ragamuffin Bible which sums up the western church today ,,,

THE GREATEST SINGLE CAUSE OF ATHEISM IN THE WORLD TODAY IS CHRISTIANS...and follows ....

WHO ACKNOWLEDGE JESUS WITH THEIR LIPS,WALK OUT THE DOOR & DENY HIM BY THEIR LIFESTYLE

So in this starting with one, myself I hope to change that perception.

I personally am in awe of my GOD every day, cant wait to wake up to what is before me each day and I share that with those HE brings across my path.

Kevana

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

You read your bible about prophecy, about the days of Noah, about Mystery Babylon the great and her great ability to corrupt and lead men astray, about lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and the pride of life.  Now, the assessment of why Church growth is falling and men turning away from God as to the Church itself is each to give his verdict.    

The world i.e more advanced countries has become richer in its goods and the ability to produce in abundance has increased tremendously.  Man has never had life so good as today.  So, why then is there a need for God, when everything is at the door and science is advancing at a rapid pace with inventions in medical, transport and learning through the internet stunning . So why do men need God, this is what the God of this world is seducing men to believe and is doing so successfully , even starting to convince many that there is no gender.

Yes, there are some Churches that is promoting a false narrative of what the gospel is and many for lack of discernment has fallen into the alms of those who have come up with schemes to attract men with their false doctrines ect.  But is the Church and believers to lay the blame or be the scapegoat of why men run from God and heeding to his word.  I don't think so.  See, many really don't understand how the devil works and has only thinks of the physical space that they can see and live in.  But the spiritual realm is where the real battles are being waged for souls of men and we have to remember that God is in control.

God can change any situation to his favor if he wants in a blink, we all know that.   You the believer has to do what you are called to do and only you in your part of the world know your watering hole and backyard. How each is able with strength and resources is his opportunity to be a part of the commission.  Each has some kind of gift no matter how small and the Lord would be the helper along the way. Just do your part.   

1 hour ago, kevana said:

JOSTLER  here has shared a piece with me ; from The Ragamuffin Bible which sums up the western church today ,,,

THE GREATEST SINGLE CAUSE OF ATHEISM IN THE WORLD TODAY IS CHRISTIANS...and follows ....

WHO ACKNOWLEDGE JESUS WITH THEIR LIPS,WALK OUT THE DOOR & DENY HIM BY THEIR LIFESTYLE

I personally am in awe of my GOD every day, cant wait to wake up to what is before me each day and I share that with those HE brings across my path.

Kevana

I know nothing about the ragamuffin bible .  I do , BY grace , however ,   know what JESUS said .   Wanna know why folks wont come to HIM .

ITs plain and simple . THEY LOVE THIER SIN , the darkness more than HIM .     And I know this is total truth .   THe world will always pander to us

WHY  it wont come .   Only I don't take my notes FROM the world on how to witness to the world .    Seeker friendly did that ,  AND LOOK what happened to them ,

they became as the world .     JESUS says why men wont come .    They can make any excuse they want , but the real reason is ,  they loved darkness more than light

and did not want their evil deeds reproved .     The JESUS of the BIBLE is who we need to all learn from deeply .

1 hour ago, kevana said:

Kevana

And Deny HIM by their lifestyle .  Exactly .    only a lot of churh folk don't really know what that means .

I mean how many christains see Joel ostein , rick warren , McLaren , rob bell ,  nar , rome ,  emergent ,  todd white , todd bently , paula white , Kenneth Copeland

joyce meyer , Juanita brown ,  and scores of others ,   THEY THINK these are CHRISTAINS .    THAT IS SCARY as all getout .    Scary .   Because what , they SMILE and hug .

I could do that as the most wicked man I once was .    IF we are of JESUS , then we WALK as HE DID .   not as these do .    Just be on guard cause that is one small list .

I gave you some of the most dangerous names , but there are many more .     Most cannot discern a true christain from a false one .

We living in dangerous times .   So let all be on guard . 

Guest PinkBelt

Since so many Christians do not feel a need to adhere to their own stated values, it is unsurprising that many people don't take what we say seriously. 

Edited by PinkBelt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

2 hours ago, warrior12 said:

You read your bible about prophecy, about the days of Noah, about Mystery Babylon the great and her great ability to corrupt and lead men astray, about lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and the pride of life.  Now, the assessment of why Church growth is falling and men turning away from God as to the Church itself is each to give his verdict.    

The world i.e more advanced countries has become richer in its goods and the ability to produce in abundance has increased tremendously.  Man has never had life so good as today.  So, why then is there a need for God, when everything is at the door and science is advancing at a rapid pace with inventions in medical, transport and learning through the internet stunning . So why do men need God, this is what the God of this world is seducing men to believe and is doing so successfully , even starting to convince many that there is no gender.

Yes, there are some Churches that is promoting a false narrative of what the gospel is and many for lack of discernment has fallen into the alms of those who have come up with schemes to attract men with their false doctrines ect.  But is the Church and believers to lay the blame or be the scapegoat of why men run from God and heeding to his word.  I don't think so.  See, many really don't understand how the devil works and has only thinks of the physical space that they can see and live in.  But the spiritual realm is where the real battles are being waged for souls of men and we have to remember that God is in control.

God can change any situation to his favor if he wants in a blink, we all know that.   You the believer has to do what you are called to do and only you in your part of the world know your watering hole and backyard. How each is able with strength and resources is his opportunity to be a part of the commission.  Each has some kind of gift no matter how small and the Lord would be the helper along the way. Just do your part.   

I forgot to add the scripture verse to make the point.

2 Corinthians 4 King James Version (KJV)

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/18/2019 at 10:18 AM, kevana said:

Most would agree CHRISTIANS are  ,,, a people set apart, loving, helpful, understanding, good friends, generous, kind and yet we have been given a GIFT so precious that we our instructed not to conceal this PRECIOUS GIFT but to share it ...

At churches only. Outside the church many just share their curses.

Edited by R. Hartono