kevana

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

In the western world where I have been blessed to live for most of my 60 odd years I have noticed that church numbers over the last 50+ years has been falling despite large population growth.   So 50 years ago many church's were filled every weekend yet now where there are huge numbers  its mainly the prosperity & entertainment type gatherings. And that's good as wherever  the Gospel is preached is awesome;  Our commission is love to obey and serve, to discern and not to judge...

So for those of us that weekly attend   modest to small gatherings   and don't see much growth, more like rehashed already believers that for this reason or that are now in fellowship with us  I ASK , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DOES THE WORLD TRUST US ???

Most would agree CHRISTIANS are  ,,, a people set apart, loving, helpful, understanding, good friends, generous, kind and yet we have been given a GIFT so precious that we our instructed not to conceal this PRECIOUS GIFT but to share it ...

Looking over my lifespan in many homes of GOD where the truth was misled ..eg Catholic priest pedo  controversy ,,, thru  to liberal church views about Gay clergy ,

the pay for healing message over the airways and other ways to attract new members, rather than revealing the truth   ,,,    JESUS alive in us ...

SO WHAT ARE WE TO THOSE THAT THOSE THAT ARE PERISHING

CAN THEY TRUST US.

Kevana.

p.s.  It starts right here with you has said the LORD to me...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, kevana said:

p.s.  It starts right here with you has said the LORD to me...

I think this is the truth and the ticket. Unless people really and truly see Christ written in our hearts I can understand why they choose to have nothing to do with the Christianity of the day. 

So to righteousness in our doings is that thing that will attract the hearts that are willing to know right from wrong and love the truth.

My thinks, 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Bless YOU

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, kevana said:

Bless YOU

He has, and He will again, in both of our life’s. As long as we stay wanting Him. 

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me 

amen

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

“The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.”

Brennan Manning

That could sound very condemning, if we  fail  to recognize that our brothers and sisters trapped in this  behaviour are victimized by  lies and misunderstandings of Him, of whom many TRULY desire  to love  and serve Him.

Ministry has two faces.....one facing the  Body,  and the  other facing the world He died for.  We need to  have His heart for rescuing both.   And Body ministry is what produces disciples of Jesus  Christ, and more  harvesters.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

Loved it JOSTLER, as usual you nailed it.

Love your quote from B/M

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

It is not a question of trust, but a question of world views and whether the opposing view, 'Christianity' is either relevent or even legal.

We live in a world where Christianity is not seen as being relevent to peoples daily lives. As Jester said this is partly down to Christians not living out there belief. But it is also down to the rejection of Christianity by those in the media and there down playing of Christianity.

We need to be living a radicly different lifestyle so as to be seen to be Christian, to be preparing for an increase in active hostility towards Christians, while also praying for a revival.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

3 hours ago, Who me said:

As Jester said this is partly down to

Who me, if you are referring to Jostler (Jester) there are times when I think you're right, for some times he does "jest." lol

• Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

I resisted Christ for years in my youth because I’d met enough “Christians” to be highly skeptical. In Romans, Paul chastised the Jews for making God a punchline among the Gentiles — and Christians today are repeating the cycle. American Christianity went over the cliff about 60 years ago when it became a business model. Now, even among small local churches, policy is made by consumer spending research, marketing plans, and leadership seminars. With the right business model, they can keep this system running with or without the Holy Spirit. Pastors go in these days expecting six-figure incomes, benefits, severance packages, etc. They stack the deacon/elder boards with the five or six most financially successful men in the crowd (who are good tithers of course) and then the pastor is shocked when a change in business plans results in his firing.

Meanwhile for the lay members, money is wasted on fruitless programs and shallow study books. The music hurts their ears, the ‘preaching’ is based on TV shows they’ve never seen, and the home group is run by an airhead who does not return phone calls. But when they complain, they are dismissed as selfish consumers only looking for what’s in it for them. You can only do this for so many Sundays in a row before you’re done.

There’s a new church plant in every public school in my town. Same website design, same buzz words, same marketing language, same everything. ‘A new kind of church with authentic community for people who want to love God and serve others.’ When one goes financially bust, the ”pastor” moves down to the road to a new neighborhood development, rebrands himself, and plants another one.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1