• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Spock said:

Interesting Sister that you singled out the Roman Catholic SVC here. I had to google it to remind myself what resulted from that council over 50 years ago (1962-65)

O'Malley says a theme of the documents was reconciliation. In keeping, they allowed for Catholics to pray with other Christian denominations, encouraged friendship with other non-Christian faiths, and opened the door for languages besides Latin to be used during Mass. Other new positions concerned education, the media and divine revelation.

and what is your opinion about SVC?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

12 hours ago, silviawang said:

and what is your opinion about SVC?

Well, based on the synopsis I posted, that didn’t look to bad. 

Being able to pray with other denominations was a big move for them seeing that they didn’t respect Protestant denominations much. 

Encouraging friendship with other religions is okay as long as you don’t compromise your beliefs. After all, we should be trying to be the SALT AND LIGHT of the world, right?  Now where I think the RCC does compromise is when they say in their catechism that devout Muslims can pass the test of life too. No way, no how........Only through Jesus can one be saved. No way a Muslim who doesn’t accept the blood atonement of Christ and doesn’t believe he is the Son of God can get to Heaven through His good works (being devout).  So, I think the RCC was at that time beginning its move to accept all religions perhaps to ultimately set up that one religion rule that many think will come to play.  I’m not sure about this though. I know many anticipate this happening with the Pope being the False Prophet. He certainly appears to be a good candidate for that role. 

Having the mass in English instead of Latin certainly helped the participants understand what was going on, so I suppose that is a good thing. 

Your turn.....Any thoughts?  I’d like to know. 

PS May I ask....are you from India? I am surrounded by so many Indians where I live here in Georgia. Any thoughts on how I could best communicate Christ to them? Are many devout Hindus or just marginal? I know that is a too general of a question. However you think you could help me here, I’m all ears. 

11 minutes ago, Spock said:

Well, based on the synopsis I posted, that didn’t look to bad

Being able to pray with other denominations was a big move for them seeing that they didn’t respect Protestant denominations much. 

Encouraging friendship with other religions is okay as long as you don’t compromise your beliefs. After all, we should be trying to be the SALT AND LIGHT of the world, right?  Now where I think the RCC does compromise is when they say in their catechism that devout Muslims can pass the test of life too. No way, no how........Only through Jesus can one be saved. No way a Muslim who doesn’t accept the blood atonement of Christ and doesn’t believe he is the Son of God can get to Heaven through His good works (being devout).  So, I think the RCC was at that time beginning its move to accept all religions perhaps to ultimately set up that one religion rule that many think will come to play.  I’m not sure about this though. I know many anticipate this happening with the Pope being the False Prophet. He certainly appears to be a good candidate for that role. 

Having the mass in English instead of Latin certainly helped the participants understand what was going on, so I suppose that is a good thing. 

My  thoughts?

I knew SVC form the Buddhists

In chinese forum,the chinese Christians fighting with the Buddhists violently

And the Buddhists show us the SVC,blame us do not obey the Vatican

I were confused and asked GOD

And GOD leading me to observe  the European Refugee Crisis

Edited by silviawang

2 minutes ago, silviawang said:

My  thoughts?

I knew SVC form the Buddhists

In chinese forum,the chinese Christians fighting with the Buddhists violently

And the Buddhists show us the SVC,blame us do not obey the Vatican

I were confused and asked GOD

And GOD leading me to observe me the European Refugee Crisis

I was born into the Catholic religion, but I left because I could not agree with much of their teaching. 

Honestly, I wouldn’t listen to anything that comes out of that religion because you just don’t know if you could trust that it is coming from a good place. There is too much false teaching so why bother to sort it all out?  I hope you know the SVC came out of the Catholic Church’s meeting. 

As for the SVC, I would not put one minute of thought into it. It happened 50 years ago and really didn’t do much to strengthen ones  life in Christ. 

42 minutes ago, Spock said:

Well, based on the synopsis I posted, that didn’t look to bad. 

PS May I ask....are you from India? I am surrounded by so many Indians where I live here in Georgia. Any thoughts on how I could best communicate Christ to them? Are many devout Hindus or just marginal? I know that is a too general of a question. However you think you could help me here, I’m all ears. 

I am chinese and very interested in india

Allthrough all be called religion

The Hinduism is totally the different world,campare with the Christianity,

I do not know how to explain

The relationship between Buddhism and Hinduism ,is very similar with the The relationship between Christianity and Judaism

The Buddhism is the main religion in china,i have lots of experience to argue with Buddhist

They accept Jehovah GOD is the the Creator of the world ,and they think Jehovah GOD is the same Creator god named brahma in Buddhism,and ofcourse the Creator god in Hinduism

I watched lots of indian films and TV shows,i feel the Hindus,have the same viewpoint

The film<The Matrix>

Is based on theory of Hinduism,mixed with Christianity and Buddhism

So y can not persuade them

Bcs they think their religion can contains the Christianity

Edited by silviawang
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, silviawang said:

I am chinese and very interested in india

Allthrough all be called religion

The Hinduism is totally the different world,campare with the Christianity,

I do not know how to explain

The relationship between Buddhism and Hinduism ,is very similar with the The relationship between Christianity and Judaism

The Buddhism is the main religion in china,i have lots of experience to argue with Buddhist

They accept Jehovah GOD is the the Creator of the world ,and they think Jehovah GOD is the same Creator god named brahma in Buddhism,and ofcourse the Creator god in Hinduism

I watched lots of indian films and TV shows,i feel the Hindus,have the same viewpoint

The film<The Matrix>

Is based on theory of Hinduism,mixed with Christianity and Buddhism

So y can not persuade them

Bcs they think their religion can contains the Christianity

Who do the Buddhists believe Jesus is? 

When you tell a Buddhist that he is the Son of God who came to earth to be like us, a human, and that his death on the cross was necessary so that he could take our punishment .....so we don’t have to take.....and by believing this to be so, we can have eternal life ......what do they say about that? 

I know Buddhists don’t believe the soul is permanent, so what do they believe happens to that person once they die?  

48 minutes ago, Spock said:

Who do the Buddhists believe Jesus is? 

When you tell a Buddhist that he is the Son of God who came to earth to be like us, a human, and that his death on the cross was necessary so that he could take our punishment .....so we don’t have to take.....and by believing this to be so, we can have eternal life ......what do they say about that? 

I know Buddhists don’t believe the soul is permanent, so what do they believe happens to that person once they die?  

As a peoson born in Buddhist Culture and is very intrested in india and believeing in JESUS

I plan to make the detailed comparison in every aspect of these 3 religions /cultures

I have already write the post in chinese forum,for years,but too disorderly

I plan to neaten well and translate into english,and i think ,in this area,i am unique,and this is one of my callings

What means Multiculturalism?

I am the Multiculturalism

My native Culture is a mixed Culture: Marxism+ Confucianism+ Buddhism(this is the Current situation in china)

And Spiritually i am a Protestant

Worldly i am the big fans of india

But Multiculturalism does not means Multi-ethic-ism

The only ethic i accept is Protestant Ethics

So i can not understand the left wing,stand with the strict monogamym,but do not blame a man has 4 wives?and y call it is the Multiculturalism, i can not understand!

The Culture and the ethic are totally different issue,i can mixed Various types of Culture on my own,but how can i mixed Various types of ethic in my one little head?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

Seems this subject has been brought up I have a ominous feeling. People are no longer fearing God thus people are not impressed or drawn to Christ.  In Thessalonians Paul says there will be a great falling away before the man of sin is revealed. Wickedness and shame has become accepted lifestyles. Ambitions and lust for wealth is  blinding. There is no more draw or respect for those of the church. Its more the time we are living in than blame of the church. Those who uphold righteousness will be despised. 

Its not about trust  but love for evil

2 Timothy 3    

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth

Edited by Mike Mclees

1 minute ago, Mike Mclees said:

Seems this subject has been brought up I have a ominous feeling. People are no longer fearing God thus people are not impressed or drawn to Christ.  In Thessalonians Paul says there will be a great falling away before the man of sin is revealed. Wickedness and shame has become accepted lifestyles. Ambitions and lust for wealth is  blinding. There is no more draw or respect for those of the church. Its more the time we are living in than blame of the church. Those who uphold righteousness will be despised. 

Its not about trust  but love for evil

the man of sin In Thessalonians

I think i already know who he is

But i can not say bcs Political correctness come from SVC

Maybe i will reveal my study before i die just for avoiding the persecution from Vatican root

The middle age ,never gone,but from far-right to far-left

Sad humanbeing

Never rational