• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/19/2019 at 12:38 PM, Katie01 said:

I really wish I could do that. I have tried. I will admit I have not had a steady path of control over this. When it originally happened I asked if we could just talk about it. But I did get angry, when he said no. I was trying to get over it. But it just felt like we were on a roller coaster of close then distant. Then it upset me to see how much they were texting each other. I asked him again if we could talk about it, I was told no again. Just yesterday I found out he watched the friends steer for a week, while his friend went on vacation with his family. He never told me he was doing this. Then yesterday morning my husband calls me and asks me if I want port a pit chicken. It seemed weird, so I asked him why. He told me it was for watching the friends steer. I asked him why he didn’t tell me, he said because it was not important, that I never know where he is anyways. I did not understand why it was important to ask me about having chicken when he did not think it was important to ask me if it was ok to take time away from our family to watch the friends farm. It just does not make sense. I asked him again this morning if I could get someone to watch the kids so we could talk about things and again he told me no. I don’t know what to do. I tried to stay as emotionally controlled as possible, it is very hard though when you thought you were supposed to be partners and he is unwilling to communicate.

If you have no real power in the relationship, you must pray. They have prayer warriors on this site. I will pray for you also Katie01. It’s hard but it will be ok and better. I promise ❤️

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

It helps to have six big brothers....  though my wife never needed them...

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/18/2019 at 2:22 PM, Katie01 said:

My husband has a friendship that developed in the last year. He is a farmer and was considering buying land with him. I told him I did not want to do that. He told me that he would do what he wanted. But then did not buy the land. A short while later, he was going to go to our local fair and buy the friends steer that his daughter was showing. He was not ready for a new steer at the time. I asked him what was going on and tried to talk to him about it. He told me hewould do what he wanted and left. It has been almost a year since that happened, they text each other almost everyday. I am very uncomfortable with the friendship. I have tried to talk to himabout it but he will not. Am I wrong to be bothered by this? It feels like it is really hurting our marriage and that he would rather have his friend then care about any effect it has on me. Am I justover sensitive, or would you be botheredif you were in my shoes. Help, please.

You have to let birds go for them to fly. What i mean is successful relationships are built on trust, however it might be a better idea if you become friends with the person too.