Jayne

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I will do this as much as I am able to ... keeping in mind my energy and focus levels vary as I continue treatments...

This is one of my favorite psalms. I did a verse by verse bible study years ago that I posted on worthy (in the bible study area.)

Both links are the same study. One is the thread on worthy I started for it. The other is my blog where I post my study notes. 

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/156200-psalm-1/

http://desertstudies.blogspot.com/2007/02/pslams-1.html

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  11

I'll take the challenge, Jayne :) It definitely will be a challenge to do one every single day because there is so much richness in each one!

Like @ayin jade, Psalm 1 is at the top of my favorites, and I chew on it a lot.

Verse 3 makes me think of Isaiah 61:3 "To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified."

Trees of righteousness. Planted by the LORD, Himself. To bring glory to Him. And I say YES!! Make me just like that! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I was thinking about this progression - don't walk by, stand, or sit with sinners - and I thought, "OK, this is what NOT to do and it's a sequencing."  And I recalled the three things TO do in 2 Timothy 2:22 [I always remember that because of all the 2's.]

1.  DO flee from sin

2.  DO pursue righteousness

3.  DO these things with others who are pure of heart

There's the flip side of the coin from Psalm 1.  Psalm 1 is how to avoid the negative.  2 Timothy 2:22 is how to gain the positive.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I'm down for the challenge! I'm about halfway through psalms now, but I can do a resest especially when it includes discussion with other Christians! 

That first verse is everything. "Nor stands in the way of sinners" is extremely noteworthy. Judgment and self-righteousness closes so many people off from Christ, both believers and not. 

The third verse is a Bob Marley lyric. His music helped me tremendously as a teenager to not fall into despair and darkness and to stay "Forever Loving Jah." It always brings a smile to my face. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Psalm 23 

The Lord is my shepherd;:emot-heartbeat:
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.:emot-heartbeat:

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

You have visited me at night, probed my mind.

You have tested me and found nothing amiss;

I have determined that my mouth shall not transgress.

Psalm 17:3 

~~~~

I the Lord probe the heart, Search the mind--

To repay every man according to his ways,

With the proper fruit of his deeds.

Jeremiah 17:10

• This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Psa 1:2  but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.

I delight in the Psalms and in all of God's word.                                                                                            It reflects my Lord.                                                                                                                                             It ministers to my heart, it gives me hope and it heals my spirit.                                                                     His word gives life.                                                                                                                                    From it we find our salvation.                                                                                                                 His Spirit uses the word as His vehicle.                                                                                                      It is His two edged sword.                                                                                                                         Our Savior created by His word.                                                                                                               His Name is the Word.                                                                                                                                To meditate on His word is to meditate on Him.                                                                                             How beautiful it is to sing His word in the Psalms.  

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Jayne said:

*Meditation not being the emptying of one's mind like transcendental meditation, but the filling of one's mind over and over with God's word.  Repeating phrases in your mind asking God to pour the entire meaning of it into your heart." - jayne

Psalm 119:11                   Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Psalm 119:105               Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

1 John 1:5                      This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you,
                                               that
God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

• Loved it! 2