dhchristian

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  0

There are a lot of people out on youtube, and elsewhere That are "hearing things, some of them set the date of July 17th for the Rapture, which has come and gone. I want to state that this Problematic in the Prophecy community, and is Part of the Laodicean church we live in. Please take the time to read the link posted here, I will repost the A.W. Tozer passage here Just to give you an idea where this is headed. It is a testimonial of someone who was involved in this stuff, and now some of these date setters are promoting outright astral projection, a new age teaching that opens the door to demonic activity. There is an urgency to this post, because this is getting so much worse just in the past couple of years.

https://kimolsen.net/2016/12/06/the-new-apostolic-reformation-and-god-tv-deception/

The following is an excerpt from Man: The Dwelling Place of God by A.W. Tozer:

How to Try the Spirits
THESE ARE THE TIMES that try men’s souls.
The Spirit has spoken expressly that in the latter times some should depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron. Those days are upon us and we cannot escape them; we must triumph in the midst of them, for such is the will of God concerning us.

Strange as it may seem, the danger today is greater for the fervent Christian than for the lukewarm and the self-satisfied. The seeker after God’s best things is eager to hear anyone who offers a way by which he can obtain them. He longs for some new experience, some elevated view of truth, some operation of the Spirit that will raise him above the dead level of religious mediocrity he sees all around him, and for this reason he is ready to give a sympathetic ear to the new and the wonderful in religion, particularly if it is presented by someone with an attractive personality and a reputation for superior godliness.

Now our Lord Jesus. that great Shepherd of the sheep, has not left His flock to the mercy of the wolves. He has given us the Scriptures, the Holy Spirit and natural powers of observation, and He expects us to avail ourselves of their help constantly. “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good,” said Paul (I Thess. 5:21) . “Beloved, believe not every spirit,” wrote John, “but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world” (I John 4:1) . “Beware of false prophets,” our Lord warned, “which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves” (Matt. 7:15). Then He added the word by which they may be tested, “Ye shall know them by their fruits.”

I discovered this classic book by A.W. Tozer shortly after my ordeal ended. With the encounter still so fresh in my mind, I comprehended Tozer’s words with full discernment and a new understanding.

Edited by dhchristian
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

33 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

There are a lot of people out on youtube, and elsewhere That are "hearing things, some of them set the date of July 17, for the Rapture, which has come and gone. 

Yes, it certainly has... Putting on magnification :26: x10 factor 'nerd glasses' for the rest of the fine print. 

Edited by BeauJangles

19 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

How to Try the Spirits
The Spirit has spoken expressly that in the latter times some should depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron. Those days are upon us and we cannot escape them; we must triumph in the midst of them, for such is the will of God concerning us.

Strange as it may seem, the danger today is greater for the fervent Christian than for the lukewarm and the self-satisfied. The seeker after God’s best things is eager to hear anyone who offers a way by which he can obtain them. He longs for some new experience, some elevated view of truth, some operation of the Spirit that will raise him above the dead level of religious mediocrity he sees all around him, and for this reason he is ready to give a sympathetic ear to the new and the wonderful in religion, particularly if it is presented by someone with an attractive personality and a reputation for superior godliness.

Now our Lord Jesus. that great Shepherd of the sheep, has not left His flock to the mercy of the wolves. He has given us the Scriptures, the Holy Spirit and natural powers of observation, and He expects us to avail ourselves of their help constantly. “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good,” said Paul (I Thess. 5:21) . “Beloved, believe not every spirit,” wrote John, “but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world” (I John 4:1) . “Beware of false prophets,” our Lord warned, “which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves” (Matt. 7:15). Then He added the word by which they may be tested, “Ye shall know them by their fruits.”

I discovered this classic book by A.W. Tozer shortly after my ordeal ended. With the encounter still so fresh in my mind, I comprehended Tozer’s words with full discernment and a new understanding.

Just now, BeauJangles said:

Putting on magnification :26: x10 factor 'nerd glasses' for the rest of the fine print.

Better? Sorry, My first Post here, haven't got all the kinks worked out yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  768
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.08
  • Days Won:  1

That was horrible David how the devil can come via CD instruction.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,886
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:48 AM, BeauJangles said:

Yes, it certainly has... Putting on magnification :26: x10 factor 'nerd glasses' for the rest of the fine print. 

I just enlarge my page...less nerdy :lightbulb2:

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

I just enlarge my page...less nerdy :lightbulb2:

Yeah, that works too. As long as I don't over-enlarge it, then some of the features disappear. :huh:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,886
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:15 AM, dhchristian said:

There are a lot of people out on youtube, and elsewhere That are "hearing things, some of them set the date of July 17th for the Rapture, which has come and gone. I want to state that this Problematic in the Prophecy community, and is Part of the Laodicean church we live in. Please take the time to read the link posted here, I will repost the A.W. Tozer passage here Just to give you an idea where this is headed. It is a testimonial of someone who was involved in this stuff, and now some of these date setters are promoting outright astral projection, a new age teaching that opens the door to demonic activity. There is an urgency to this post, because this is getting so much worse just in the past couple of years.

https://kimolsen.net/2016/12/06/the-new-apostolic-reformation-and-god-tv-deception/

How to Try the Spirits

Excellent exhortation, dhchristian. I keep this passage handy.

Act 20:28-31
(28)  Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost has made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he has purchased with his own blood.
(29)  For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
(30)  Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
(31)  Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

That was horrible David how the devil can come via CD instruction.

That is how the inner circle in the cult world is used to entice the victims of cults. These are nothing more than tools of manipulation getting you to feel special, while getting you to accept their heresy. This is Known as Mystical manipulation... 

9 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Excellent exhortation, dhchristian. I keep this passage handy.

This is a link worth reading if you are dealing with someone who has fallen into this sort of situation. Link will go to part 2 on mystical manipulation, because I mentioned this to R Hartono, But all 8 parts are worth reading. This probably should be posted in the apologetics section of this forum as well, if it has not already been posted there.

https://libertyforcaptives.com/2012/06/29/eight-ways-to-identify-religious-brainwashing-mystical-manipulation-part-2-of-8/