Nadjeschda

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

A sincere question: Who of us have realy still a chance to go to heaven, and if yes to be seated close by god? Former generations where cruel out of poverty and neccessity. But what is our excuse, the excuse of modern high tech society? What is the excuse of capitalism now that we have the means to help? We circle in cruise ship around the starving people - the food that could have been used to save them was fed to the swine we no eat in our expensive dresses on said holidays. I would have prefered mediveal beheading for myself instead of starving this way - as the more honest, more couragous (couragous by the killers) and less painfull way to die.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

The heart of man and woman are wicked. Always was. Always will be, without Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I am confused by your posts about your beliefs in the Lord. 

Who do you believe Jesus is? What do you think He died for?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Don't understand what the OP is tryin to say.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

37 minutes ago, Nadjeschda said:

A sincere question: Who of us have realy still a chance to go to heaven, and if yes to be seated close by god? Former generations where cruel out of poverty and neccessity. But what is our excuse, the excuse of modern high tech society? What is the excuse of capitalism now that we have the means to help? We circle in cruise ship around the starving people - the food that could have been used to save them was fed to the swine we no eat in our expensive dresses on said holidays. I would have prefered mediveal beheading for myself instead of starving this way - as the more honest, more couragous (couragous by the killers) and less painfull way to die.

Only those who have accepted Jesus as Lord and Saviour will get to heaven.

The west rejects Christian morality. So why do you apply a morality that society does not use.

Please remember that evolution does not teach that the weak should be helpped, rather it teaches exploit, kill and eat the weak.  Why should a nonchristian help others?

Actually a better question is why do nonchristians help others? Red nose day etc

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Nadjeschda said:

I understand your feelings, however I don't think you can put this on the whole human race.   You may not have people helping others where you live, but here in the USA we do help people a lot.   We also give a lot to third world countries that the local governments do not pass on to the people it is intended to help.   Those cruise ships you so downgrade to much have shore excursions that help the working people of that area and many more people would be hungry if they were not there.

No one said that this world was equal or even fair.  We have our own spiritual things to learn and get over no matter what our situation in life is.

I would hope that you would not judge the whole world by your local situation.....     the people I am around give and give a lot to help others.  My country gives billions of dollars to other countries to help them...    and in reality we borrow the money to do so...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

3 hours ago, Nadjeschda said:

Former generations where cruel out of poverty and neccessity. But what is our excuse, the excuse of modern high tech society? What is the excuse of capitalism now that we have the means to help? We circle in cruise ship around the starving people

It is true that there are a lot of caring people out there in the world.  I am in the educational field (high school and community college) and the professors, by and large, really do care about their students.  My parents have had a lot of medical problems the past five years and so I have spent a lot of time on doctor visits and hospital visits and I always appreciate the sincerity and genuine care that the doctors and nurses provide.  I also know people who volunteer their time in NGOs around the world.  The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has done a lot to ease suffering around the world, to name one charity that has been extremely helpful to the world's poor.  Even some governmental agencies provide disaster relief and other social programs for their populations.  I could go on and on, but here is the key point from Jesus: "You will always have the poor with you" (Matthew 26:11).  

Social injustices have always existed and always will, until the time comes for this wicked world to be destroyed;  our principal commission is to preach the good news in all nations and focus on the spiritual solutions as only God's kingdom will bring lasting relief to humankind.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

The thing with human law and politics is that none of it corrects or addresses the inherent sin of man. The difference between capitalism and communism is that, in the one, a man screws over another man, and the other, it's the other way around. It solves nothing.

Also, people in the past were cruel because they were cruel. Let's all gather up and watch a thief who stole a loaf of bread due to hunger get sawed in half, or eaten by tigers, or see how they wiggle at the end of a noose. My, what justice. Let's put to the stake someone who doesn't buy into our beliefs, my what an awful stench burning flesh has. How about the fact that King Henry is over here going through this wife and that wife and an unknowable number of mistresses, in his big ol' fancy castle where the servants work all day for a measely pittance, and the rest of the country is dying of the sweat? Humanity has always been cruel - It's the same face, just a different mask.

If you want change, then you must be the change you wish to see.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

8 hours ago, Nadjeschda said:

I think it's wrong to take money from working people and give it to people who are too lazy to work. Sooner or later, everyone would realize there is no reason to work. And then we would all starve.

• Thumbs Up 1