• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

15 hours ago, Willa said:

That is a very interesting philosophy.  To me total surrender is giving God all that I am and all that I have, and allowing Him to direct my life.  I have laid down my questioning, disputing and protesting.  I gave up being in charge of my life and have put on the mind of Christ.  I renew my mind daily by the washing of the word.  

There is nothing in the Bible that says we must live in poverty, homeless with no change of clothes, no cell phone, no running water or even clean water, no heat and no work.   

Joseph of Aramathea was a rich man who provided a tomb for Jesus.  We only must not LOVE money and pursue riches.  Being a Christian is not just following  Christ's outward example.  Nor is it a religion.   It is allowing Christ to live in us to serve, love and forgive others.  People who have set their minds on outward or earthly things are most likely not genuine Christians.

1Co 2:12  Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.  1Co 2:13  And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.  1Co 2:14  The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Moreover the Bible doesn't teach about the salvation of the heart. It speaks of the salvation of the soul. " 1Pe 1:9  obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls."  Nor does it teach that the heart is the center of the soul.  The Spirit is within the soul.  According to Scripture we must be spiritual people to understand these things.  

2Co 13:5  Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

Willa,    throw those hands up and praise the LORD .

And one of the best examples I can find concerning and proving what we and who we love truly is ,  ITS in acts .

Those who had extra SOLD their excess , lands , houses  and the price of the money was brought to the true apostels

who never heaped up , but rather gave distribution and there was an equality .    And whatever anyone had they considered not just theirs , but everyones .

I , by GRACE ALONE ,  have long realized we got a serious problem in many churches .    Even babes should live as did our LORD .     So we know for sure

and for certain , LEADERS should .      Did JESUS have better clothes than peter , james , john .  DID he eat better food .   DID he say simeon

go buy me a special chariot and you all can walk in front and behind it .    Did paul tell the church , hey church the LORD desires me to have a huge costly ship

so I don't have to travel around with all these demon infected people .      NOPE .    JESUS Lived no better , not one bit better than the least of his own FLOCK .

SO WHY On earth do many pastors .   SOMETHING IS  DEAD WRONG ,   and rest assured I will expose them .

You are loved willa .     Throw those hands up sister and rejoice in the LORD .  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

19 hours ago, pg4Him said:

I agree that @Nadjeschda is angrily casting aspersions on a culture she doesn’t understand. It is difficult to explain the American mindset to outsiders. Americans are actually quite generous, caring, and expressive, but we’re locked in a system. 

OH but we praise the LORD that HE UNLOCKED us from that system .     For as YOU WELL KNOW ,   no sheep of HIS will follow any errorenous part of any system .

Rather they will expose it and be sure that no other lamb even looks in that direction .     You throw those hands up sister .    Its never too early to praise the LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1