IGNORED

WorthyNews:House Approves Democrat Bill on Minimum Wage Hike But Not Likely To Pass Republican-Controlled Senate

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,074
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - The House has approved legislation to raise the federal minimum wage for the first time in a decade, to $15 an hour.

Democrats pushed through the bill Thursday with a party-line vote of 231-199, but it has almost no chance in the Republican-controlled Senate.

A hike in the $7.25 hourly wage has been a top Democratic campaign promise. It’s intended to address income inequality that’s driving the 2020 political debate. The legislation, for the first time, would pay tipped workers the same as others earning the minimum, boosting their pay to $15 an hour, too. It’s now $2.13. [ Source: Time (Read More...) ]

The post House Approves Democrat Bill on Minimum Wage Hike But Not Likely To Pass Republican-Controlled Senate appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

How many people would that put out of work almost instantly?

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Restaurants would be the biggest hit by far.  In the article --

A hike in the $7.25 hourly wage has been a top Democratic campaign promise. It’s intended to address income inequality that’s driving the 2020 political debate. The legislation, for the first time, would pay tipped workers the same as others earning the minimum, boosting their pay to $15 an hour, too. It’s now $2.13.

Will this mean we shouldn't tip any longer?  Generally, waitresses and waiters make far more than $15 a hour in tips!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Well. I don't know enough to comment a lot on this. But I think that the minimum wadge should be enough so that  minimum wadge workers do not need to apply for food stamps.   I do not know the number of minimum wadge workers who work and also qualify for food stamps right off my head here. But I know that many do, and it should not be like that. So what the amount it should be raised to I do not have enough info to say. But I know a worker should be paid enough to feed their families without needing government assistance as well.