• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  4,329
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

James 5:1-20

Wealth is fraught with dangers and pitfalls for the man who is seeking to be rich, and for the man who is already rich. The dangers are many, so much so, that Christ makes a shocking statement as to the difficulty of a rich man entering into the kingdom.

Matthew 19:23-26 23Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." 25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?" 26Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." 

The Dangers Of Riches 1-6, Faith Endures Awaiting Christ's Return 7-12, Faith Prays For The Afflicted 13-18, Faith Confronts The Erring Brother 19-20

James 5 - KJV Bible - Bible Study Tools

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/22/1959

Maybe I read it wrong. but are you saying you think it wrong to have money? it sounds like a blessing to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

What about all the millionaire evangelists and preachers who constantly ask for money on TV and they live high on the hog in mansions with sports cars, private jets, not just one mansion but many, limos, many expensive cars landscaped gardens, big swimming pools, fancy expensive clothes and jewelry, big TVs, stereo sets, computers, horses and dogs, etc. What about Jim Bakker, Joel Osteen, Franklin Graham, Jerry Falwell, Joyce meyers?  I think whenever a preacher comes into a large sum of money he should spend it on charity. if the church building needs repairs, that might be a good thing to use the money on. The poor and homeless, those struggling with jobs in the church, some too handicap or injured to work, widows and orphans, the starving and sick in third world countries, this is what the money should be used on. Not on selfish expensive things for yourself. Especially if the person with the money is a minister, they should be held to higher standards. 

I'm not saying preachers should live in poverty, I guess they should be lower middle class, but they should remember the words of Jesus when they come into money. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

2 hours ago, Circuit said:

This is something that has me worried lately, what with considering school and then the potential income that comes with the job i'm aiming for. How does a guy not get lost in trying to pay off debts? Even if I pay off my debt, what am I to do with such an income?

Paying it off would be easy enough, but then i'll just have money gathering up. I have the intention of donating much of my paycheck to charities, but I worry that the access to such an income might be my downfall.

Not that I don't wish to pursue accounting - I had a mind for finances even when I was a little kid. It just makes sense to me. I just worry, is all.

Please, try your best not to worry about anything besides paying your bills that are due, and the rest of your money is for restorations, etc. and see then you will enough for donating. We in our experiences that these things are in order.

More info.

2 hours ago, *Dusty said:

Maybe I read it wrong. but are you saying you think it wrong to have money? it sounds like a blessing to me.

No you are not reading it wrong, and yes, money is a blessing, but to do the wrong things with your hard earned finances is like setting your treasures on earthly things instead of heavenly things. Always try to set your affections on things that are above.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

James 5:1-20

Wealth is fraught with dangers and pitfalls for the man who is seeking to be rich, and for the man who is already rich. The dangers are many, so much so, that Christ makes a shocking statement as to the difficulty of a rich man entering into the kingdom.

Matthew 19:23-26 23Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." 25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?" 26Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." 

The Dangers Of Riches 1-6, Faith Endures Awaiting Christ's Return 7-12, Faith Prays For The Afflicted 13-18, Faith Confronts The Erring Brother 19-20

James 5 - KJV Bible - Bible Study Tools

Having money is not a sin but the love of money is very dangerous and a sin. The Bible says that money is the root of all evil. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Having money is not a sin but the love of money is very dangerous and a sin. The Bible says that money is the root of all evil. 

Amen

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Amen

I think folks missed the first part where you said those who seek to be rich .   And yes James even told the rich , TRUST NOT in those uncertain riches ,

and be always ready to give give give , communicate .  

The truth is ,   we should be as our LORD .   Did he live BETTER off than his flock or did they all live the same .     So let those who are rich freely do as did the early church .

They sold their excess  and gave to the apostels who in turn ,  DID NOT HEAP UP FOR THEMSELVES , but gave to the poor and they all had an equality

and those hearts were Above on CHRIST who is OUR RICHES . 

• This is Worthy 1

Amen to the above.

More info.
  • Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, heavensflower said:

What about all the millionaire evangelists and preachers who constantly ask for money on TV and they live high on the hog in mansions with sports cars, private jets, not just one mansion but many, limos, many expensive cars landscaped gardens, big swimming pools, fancy expensive clothes and jewelry, big TVs, stereo sets, computers, horses and dogs, etc. What about Jim Bakker, Joel Osteen, Franklin Graham, Jerry Falwell, Joyce meyers?  I think whenever a preacher comes into a large sum of money he should spend it on charity. if the church building needs repairs, that might be a good thing to use the money on. The poor and homeless, those struggling with jobs in the church, some too handicap or injured to work, widows and orphans, the starving and sick in third world countries, this is what the money should be used on. Not on selfish expensive things for yourself. Especially if the person with the money is a minister, they should be held to higher standards. 

I'm not saying preachers should live in poverty, I guess they should be lower middle class, but they should remember the words of Jesus when they come into money. 

Believe me! they will have their reward

• Thanks 1