The Dangers Of Riches

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

All of us are rich compared to someone else. The question is not whether you happen to have money, but whether you put your identity in your financial status. Also whether you are willing to cheat/steal in order to gain wealth. The rich men in James were paying slave wages to poor laborers out in the field so they could keep more for themselves.

We all should be careful not to act that way. We shouldn’t try to low-ball people out of fair pay for their work, or look for excuses not to pay a bill, or take advantage of someone in hard times to pay them half what they deserve. We should be generous in every facet of life.

Edited by pg4Him
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1. ) Poverty has already destroyed more people's lives, then "riches" ever will.

2. ) "Poverty is the destruction of the Poor". says your Bible.   not their BLESSING. !

So, here is the reality.   If you have an issue with "riches", theologically speaking, then more then likely........ you are.  1.) offended, as i am, by the teachers of "prosperity gospel".   And in fact, you should be wary of this teaching, because it CAN create you to see God as your  bank in a way that causes you to have a greedy and fleshy heart/spirituality.   This is the issue with the teaching, in that, it creates spiritual greed, if its it preached out of balance.  And the way you preach this message out of balance, is to ONLY PREACH ABOUT MONEY and PROSPERITY< as if the entire reason for the Bible and for God and for Christianity, is to be a blessing to you.  

But, prosperity, is fine.   Being Rich is fine.   Money, is fine.   The issue with money is not the money, its the person.    If a person can't deal with having money, then the person is the problem, not the money.

There are people who teach that poverty is a proof of spirituality.  And in fact poverty is a proof you are miserable and living in slow torture, if you are truly poor on this earth.  There is no heavenly blessing being given to someone who can't eat normally, can't sleep in their own home, who is living on the street in the summer and winter.   So, the "poverty gospel" is just as  spiritually perverted as the overuse of the "prosperity gospel".

God does not want his children, sick, broke, and suffering.   Would you want your children to be sick, broke, and suffering?    Do you think you get this innate protective sense about your children from Satan?   No, the reason you want the BEST and ONLY the BEST for your children, is because this is the Nature of God,  who only wants the best for His Children.

Listen, did God send you His 2nd best Son, or did He send you His Only Begotten Son?

So, if someone is (preaching - teaching)  condemning riches, then that person is not theologically balanced, probably has a bit of a martyr complex,  and you should not listen to them for 5 seconds.   The reality is, Money matters.  Its is necessary for life, for survival, and for more.   Money, in your life, having it, has the same effect as oil in a car engine.  And thats a fact.  God has no issue with you having money, and you being prosperous.   The ISSUE is, if your money and your prosperity is the center of your LOVE, the center of your Heart and Ambiton.  And in that case, YOU are the problem, and not the money or the prosperity.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

4 hours ago, Circuit said:

This is something that has me worried lately, what with considering school and then the potential income that comes with the job i'm aiming for. How does a guy not get lost in trying to pay off debts? Even if I pay off my debt, what am I to do with such an income?

Paying it off would be easy enough, but then i'll just have money gathering up. I have the intention of donating much of my paycheck to charities, but I worry that the access to such an income might be my downfall.

Not that I don't wish to pursue accounting - I had a mind for finances even when I was a little kid. It just makes sense to me. I just worry, is all.

1.  You may not get a job that pays as well as you anticipate.

2. You may have overhead or a family to provide for.  Most CPAs that I have known are in the middle income.  

3.  You are only a steward, a manager of the money the Lord is providing.  Yes, you may work hard for it.  As a Christian we are to give ourselves and all we have to the Lord, and He instructs us how to use it.  That takes the worry off our backs.  We simply put it where the Lord wants it.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1Ti 6:5  and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.

1Ti 6:6  But godliness with contentment is great gain,  1Ti 6:7  for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.

1Ti 6:8  But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.

1Ti 6:9  But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.

1Ti 6:10  For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Behold said:

1. ) Poverty has already destroyed more people's lives, then "riches" ever will.

2. ) "Poverty is the destruction of the Poor". says your Bible.   not their BLESSING. !

So, here is the reality.   If you have an issue with "riches", theologically speaking, then more then likely........ you are.  1.) offended, as i am, by the teachers of "prosperity gospel".   And in fact, you should be wary of this teaching, because it CAN create you to see God as your  bank in a way that causes you to have a greedy and fleshy heart/spirituality.   This is the issue with the teaching, in that, it creates spiritual greed, if its it preached out of balance.  And the way you preach this message out of balance, is to ONLY PREACH ABOUT MONEY and PROSPERITY< as if the entire reason for the Bible and for God and for Christianity, is to be a blessing to you.  

But, prosperity, is fine.   Being Rich is fine.   Money, is fine.   The issue with money is not the money, its the person.    If a person can't deal with having money, then the person is the problem, not the money.

There are people who teach that poverty is a proof of spirituality.  And in fact poverty is a proof you are miserable and living in slow torture, if you are truly poor on this earth.  There is no heavenly blessing being given to someone who can't eat normally, can't sleep in their own home, who is living on the street in the summer and winter.   So, the "poverty gospel" is just as  spiritually perverted as the overuse of the "prosperity gospel".

God does not want his children, sick, broke, and suffering.   Would you want your children to be sick, broke, and suffering?    Do you think you get this innate protective sense about your children from Satan?   No, the reason you want the BEST and ONLY the BEST for your children, is because this is the Nature of God,  who only wants the best for His Children.

Listen, did God send you His 2nd best Son, or did He send you His Only Begotten Son?

So, if someone is (preaching - teaching)  condemning riches, then that person is not theologically balanced, probably has a bit of a martyr complex,  and you should not listen to them for 5 seconds.   The reality is, Money matters.  Its is necessary for life, for survival, and for more.   Money, in your life, having it, has the same effect as oil in a car engine.  And thats a fact.  God has no issue with you having money, and you being prosperous.   The ISSUE is, if your money and your prosperity is the center of your LOVE, the center of your Heart and Ambiton.  And in that case, YOU are the problem, and not the money or the prosperity.

The word says I've never seen  Gods children begging for bread. Jesus said  l shall see to all your needs according to my  riches in heaven. Also Paul said godly contentment is great gain. It Says God owns the cattle of a thousand hills, but the lust of money is at the root of all evil. 

It is the world that lusts for gold and that may describe some who say they are Gods people like the jet set preachers.

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Having money is not a sin but the love of money is very dangerous and a sin. The Bible says that money is the root of all evil. 

Muffet, your first sentence is correct, but your "Bible" quote is not, when quoting the Bible we must make sure it's correct , (word for word) so that others, who may be young in The Lord, don't get confused and go down a wrong path. Love you sis, just wanted to point out the mis-quote, God bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

God Made Solomon rich, he took 1000 women to satisfy sex appetite, n built baal Shrine, ITS mutiny on bountiny.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Heybro said:

Muffet, your first sentence is correct, but your "Bible" quote is not, when quoting the Bible we must make sure it's correct , (word for word) so that others, who may be young in The Lord, don't get confused and go down a wrong path. Love you sis, just wanted to point out the mis-quote, God bless.

1 Timothy 6:10

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Edited by missmuffet

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/24/1978

11 hours ago, Circuit said:

This is something that has me worried lately, what with considering school and then the potential income that comes with the job i'm aiming for. How does a guy not get lost in trying to pay off debts? Even if I pay off my debt, what am I to do with such an income?

Paying it off would be easy enough, but then i'll just have money gathering up. I have the intention of donating much of my paycheck to charities, but I worry that the access to such an income might be my downfall.

Not that I don't wish to pursue accounting - I had a mind for finances even when I was a little kid. It just makes sense to me. I just worry, is all.

@Circuit

Worry is a natural part of the human mind. But as long as you have faith in God, you can let the worry exist within without reacting negatively to do it. Being rich does not have to mean that you will not know God within. And having access to a lot of money but spending most of it to help those who do not have much, will bring us closer to God. Using it to please ourselves alone, will also feel good but only in the physical sense. Physical pleasure is easy to access with wealth but it is nothing compared to the joy of knowing God within. And physical pleasure requires renewing since it is only temporary.

When we work to earn money, we can spend a good amount of it to help the Other also. Not too much money is needed to satisfy base needs for the Self like food, shelter, medical care and the occasional physical pleasure that does not require harming the Self or the Other.e.g. books, movies, eating out, technology. It is harder to sacrifice your physical rewards so that more can be given to the other than the self......but when we learn to do so, we connect with the greater strength of God within.

“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” ~Gautama Buddha

Edited by disqusnutchat

• Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

12 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The Bible says that money is the root of all evil.

Dearest Muffet, this was the portion I was referring to, sorry if I offended, God bless.