JoeCanada

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

Anti-Christian violence has continued to spread across the West African nation of Burkina Faso, with a further four believers shot dead in cold blood at the end of June. 

According to Christian Persecution charity Open Doors USA, on June 27, heavily armed militants were spotted entering the village of Bani with the aim of hunting down followers of Jesus. The small community was gripped with a paralyzing fear as the militants proceeded to order everyone to lie down.

Then, a search ensued. The terrorists had one clear mission: find those who claim Jesus as their Lord and savior. They searched tirelessly for anything that might identify the individuals as Christ-followers. Then, tragically, they succeeded—four men were found to be wearing crosses around their necks.

As soon as it became clear that these men were Christians, they were dragged away from the group and brutally executed. Their names were David Zoungrana, Philippe Zoungrana, Theophile Ouedraogo and Ernest Kassoaga.

“At this stage, we don’t know their ages or anything about the families David, Philippe, Theophile and Ernest left behind,” wrote Lindy Lowery at Open Doors USA. “Just that they followed Jesus—and their faith was part of them. They weren’t afraid to make a public statement of their belief in an area known internationally for its display of seven adobe mosques–six of which are built at the top of Bani’s main hill.”

Unsatisfied with their murderous acts, the men then went on to torch David Zoungrana’s shop. The group then headed through another town, Pougrenoma, where they warned residents, under pain of death, against reporting the incident to any government or military officials. The militants also ordered that any Christians in the community must convert to Islam or risk execution.

Some 27 Christians have been murdered in Burkina Faso since February 27. Heartbreakingly, the number of attacks against communities of faith has increased dramatically in recent years. In 2016, there were 12 reported jihadist attacks, in 2017 there were 33 and in 2018 this number rocketed up to an astonishing 158.
  • Praying! 5

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

What tragic and saddened news. Even though Jesus warns Christians that we will be persecuted I don’t think anyone can grasp the fear and pain involved for those who are under attack. The fact of the matter is that Christians will be under attack by unbelievers because it hates Jesus and His message. Jesus tells us that we are to be different from the world by our righteous living. We’re children of light; they’re children of darkness. We live by the Spirit; they live in sin. We live by faith; they live by sight. They do not understand us and our righteousness makes them feel guilty, so in their minds we are to be destroyed.

“Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye when men shall revile you and persecute you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely for my sake. Rejoice and be exceeding glad…” (Matthew 5:10-12)

“All who live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution” (2 Timothy 3:12)  

“we  are the salt of the earth and the light of the world.”  (Matthew 5:13-14)

If you want to escape persecution it's easy. Don’t live a Godly life. Compromise with the world and fail to take stand. I think we can learn lessons in faith and courage by reading these real life stories for those who stand for our Lord Jesus.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I don't see this happening in the USA as long as so many of us are personally armed...    Here in the US we have a very large army of about 75 million armed conservatives that has around 3 trillion rounds of amo and most of us have taken an oath to defend our constitution....   all the ones I am personally familiar with have not relinquished that oath even though it was made 50 or more years ago...       Just one more reason that a general population should be armed to protect our families because the government can't be everywhere at once.    The religious base that teaches people to do these things is presently growing within our country and will be a threat in the future if not controlled.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 minutes ago, other one said:

I don't see this happening in the USA as long as so many of us are personally armed...    Here in the US we have a very large army of about 75 million armed conservatives that has around 3 trillion rounds of amo and most of us have taken an oath to defend our constitution....   all the ones I am personally familiar with have not relinquished that oath even though it was made 50 or more years ago...       Just one more reason that a general population should be armed to protect our families because the government can't be everywhere at once.    The religious base that teaches people to do these things is presently growing within our country and will be a threat in the future if not controlled.

This has no place in the heart of all who follow JESUS .     We don't kill our enemies ,  WE DO as these did ,    Die for the LORD being faithful and pray even for those who would kill us .

Stephen did .    So did Christ .    

Want to hear something of beauty .     Remember back to the book of acts .      When the earth shook and the jailor awoke from his sleep . 

The apostels could have silently waited for him to kill himself and then made a get away .  GUESS what ,    THE ONLY CRY heard was , DO YOURSELF NO HARM

we are all still here .  THE RESULT ,  the jailor and his whole family received Christ .     We need to really RETHINK what we THINK we know and let us LEARN CHRIST well .

• Thumbs Up 1

I have no respect for anyone who would stand by and just let someone harm or kill their family members....   just for the record.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, other one said:

I have no respect for anyone who would stand by and just let someone harm or kill their family members....   just for the record.

Peter had that same philosophy, and Jesus put the soldier’s ear back on. There’s a time to protect people, and there’s a time when it’s their time. If they felt like the Lord said it was their time, we shouldn’t judge them.

1 hour ago, other one said:

At the risk of sounding rude, this reminds me of David’s census that went horribly wrong in 2 Samuel 24. Christians have no business counting on laws, numbers, weapons, or other fleshly tools to secure our success. If God wills/allows persecution to purify us, He’s capable of making our little boomsticks useless. Job had all the human security measures in place, and he was steamrolled. We cannot win a spiritual battle in the flesh.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

If I might contribute, yeah, I do agree that any takeover here would result in a massive amount of blood and loss of life. That's why the Japanese never took our shores here back in WWII; they feared that a rifle would be behind every blade of grass. At the very least, when I think of dangerous situations, a guy should defend others, but not with blood on his hands. If someone tries to mug you, you put them in a grapple and hold them in place until the police come. If you see someone in trouble, do something, ANYTHING, so that you don't regret it later. Even if it is just calling for help or calling the cops.

However, to take another's life is sin. If they do come and they come for blood, then I say lay it on them. Let them have it, because it means little to us, but it means their damnation. 

Edited by dr3032

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. —‭‭Revelation‬ ‭13:7‬

I don’t see the USA exempt from this because so many conservatives are gun owners.

• This is Worthy 1

25 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. —‭‭Revelation‬ ‭13:7‬

I don’t see the USA exempt from this because so many conservatives are gun owners.

we're not talking about the antichrist here, just some criminals running around fulfilling their sick religion demands.....

And I will repeat, I have no respect for anyone who would stand by while their families or even friends were killed this way.  If you could live with yourself I guess that's ok...

Does it say that the saints just laid down and died or did they fight....   you are abusing scripture in your theology.