• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

34 minutes ago, dr3032 said:

If I might contribute, yeah, I do agree that any takeover here would result in a massive amount of blood and loss of life. That's why the Japanese never took our shores here back in WWII; they feared that a rifle would be behind every blade of grass. At the very least, when I think of dangerous situations, a guy should defend others, but not with blood on his hands. If someone tries to mug you, you put them in a grapple and hold them in place until the police come. If you see someone in trouble, do something, ANYTHING, so that you don't regret it later. Even if it is just calling for help or calling the cops.

However, to take another's life is sin. If they do come and they come for blood, then I say lay it on them. Let them have it, because it means little to us, but it means their damnation. 

the Bible tells us that Murder is a sin, not the taking of a life...     defending yourself is not murder.   something else to think about, in Chicago last week there were 67 people that were shot with guns.....   only six died...     one does not have to necessarily take a life to protect oneself from people who would harm you and your family.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, other one said:

we're not talking about the antichrist here, just some criminals running around fulfilling their sick religion demands.....

And I will repeat, I have no respect for anyone who would stand by while their families or even friends were killed this way.  If you could live with yourself I guess that's ok...

Does it say that the saints just laid down and died or did they fight....   you are abusing scripture in your theology.

Why can’t we just believe that these men were willing to be martyred? Why can’t we believe God gave that village peace about it? There were times when Paul escaped death to complete his mission, and then there was a time when he was ready to go home. Did the early Christians “stand by” while Peter, Paul, Stephen, and the others gave their lives.

Would you say those words to Peter or John? That you have no respect for anyone who would stand by while Stephen was stoned, but if they can live with themselves you guess that’s ok?

Please show me Scripture, anywhere, where a Christian used aggressive force to stop persecution. Had the early church taken your advice, Paul would have been killed before Jesus appeared to him. Show me Scripture on a Christian — just one — who took a swing at Paul when he was hunting them down.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

This conversation brings to mind what one of my pastors wrote years ago (he would always write a little story on the bulletin).   He said that he and his family were camping in an R/V....in an area where a dangerous criminal was apparently loose.   He said he had a gun under his pillow.   However, he wrote of his quandary as a Christian....about using the gun.   This pastor always wrote such nice, good things, was sorry when he left.

I guess we don't know what we will do in such a situation until that time would come.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, pg4Him said:

Why can’t we just believe that these men were willing to be martyred? Why can’t we believe God gave that village peace about it? There were times when Paul escaped death to complete his mission, and then there was a time when he was ready to go home. Did the early Christians “stand by” while Peter, Paul, Stephen, and the others gave their lives.

Would you say those words to Peter or John? That you have no respect for anyone who would stand by while Stephen was stoned, but if they can live with themselves you guess that’s ok?

Please show me Scripture, anywhere, where a Christian used aggressive force to stop persecution. Had the early church taken your advice, Paul would have been killed before Jesus appeared to him. Show me Scripture on a Christian — just one — who took a swing at Paul when he was hunting them down.

like I said that is my personal view and the way I feel about people that will not protect their family....   if you think different that's ok, but I would not let them kill you if I could stop it....   I could not live with myself if I did.   So just don't hang around me and evil jihadists at the same time.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

19 hours ago, nzkev said:

Quite a miss judgement of context here, I wonder if you are Genuine

Wonder away .     As for me I know whom I serve and His sayings shall I keep on the heart .     OH to the LORD be all glory and praise .

Rejoice , rejoice when men shall speak evil of you , or persecute you and always Forgive those who do so .

Friend I have been even called anti Christ and son of perdtion ,    what are words to me .   I GOT the JOY of the LORD and HAPPY is the one who hears and does those sayings .

Time to turn this place into a praise fest TO THE LORD .

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

:shofar:        

:shofar:         :shofar:           :shofar:   

LET ALL PRAISE THE LORD and REJOICE AT ALL TIMES IN THE LORD .        TURN this place INTO A PRAISE FEST UNTO THE LORD . 

• Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, nzkev said:

In this verse I hear used a lot

But whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also

I believe Jesus was saying not to take vengeance or retaliate when someone does something against us.   It doesn't mean we have to be a doormat....we can choose to or try to remove ourselves from a situation.

8 minutes ago, nzkev said:

Yes but sometimes you cant. Have you tried to imagine hitting the right cheek, I believe every word has a purpose and increases the meaning, Right cheek is making a point, So if appropriate remove yourself but sometimes stand

The key is not to take vengeance or retaliate....that is, getting even with someone who wronged you.   There might be a time when one must protect oneself and even use physical force to do so, but that is not being vengeful.   That is simply protecting oneself.

2 minutes ago, nzkev said:

Yea i think I know what you mean but my point is you cant make a rule you can never defend yourself? I think we agree?

Yes, I agree.   God forbid someone tries to kidnap a person, etc....well, you need to fight them off as best you can.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

You can protect yourself by running away. You can hide. You can escape. But no violence.

And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him: But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him. Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket. — Acts‬ ‭9:23-25‬

And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong. But he passing through the midst of them went his way — ‭Luke‬ ‭4:28-30‬