mel85

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  1,420
  • Topics Per Day:  0.59
  • Content Count:  1,845
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Galatians 5:19-21 King James Version (KJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:22-23 King James Version (KJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
  • Loved it! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

This is an interesting topic.

Paul says if we sow to the flesh we reap death

If we sow to the Spirit we reap eternal life

For some this causes a problem.  By faith they say they have eternal life that cannot be lost so if a believer sows

to the spirit they will reap a short mortal life, but there eternal life is unaffected.

Equally sowing to the Spirit reaps rewards, but not eternal life because we already have it.

The problem I have with this argument is it only works if you change the meaning.  Paul is saying is we have faith

in Jesus we will sow to the Spirit, but it is the sowing that reaps eternal life and not just the faith.  The fruit of the

faith is the sowing.  Some will call this heresy and unbelief and a lie of satan to cause people to invest in good

works to save them through the illusion of righteous deeds, which are just rubbish.

It is so complex an argument, it destroys the love and beauty of Christs work within us, and believes we are truly

sinful and lost until we met Christ face to face.  The positive aspects of faith are maintained because we have a

perfect pure spirit untouched by the sinful flesh which binds us to imperfection and defeat.

I am much simpler.  Paul is simply saying sow to the Spirit and you show your faith in Christ and will reap

eternal life when you see Him face to face.  It says what it means, so walk the path you were called to follow.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

The works of the flesh are total opposites to the works of the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 5:19-21

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Edited by missmuffet