Should I do this?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,554
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

So. I really want to pursue sonography.. For 2 of the colleges Im looking at i have maybe 3 prereqs left...thats it. 

However the rest of my classes expire 2020 which is soon... 

If i do get in its. An all day program for 2 yrs.... 

But i would need someonw to watch the baby ..my grandma charges 200 a week.

I feel i really need this degree because ill make good enough money to take care of my baby and finally move out. 

I just don't know if I'll have the support to do it. And i dont want to neglect my baby.

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

So. I really want to pursue sonography.. For 2 of the colleges Im looking at i have maybe 3 prereqs left...thats it. 

I feel i really need this degree because ill make good enough money to take care of my baby and finally move out. 

I just don't know if I'll have the support to do it. And i dont want to neglect my baby.

It is too bad that your grandmother can't give you a break in the babysitting :unsure:

• Thumbs Up 3

56 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

It is too bad that your grandmother can't give you a break in the babysitting :unsure:

yeah it is i suppose.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

12 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Sounds great, getting training so you can make a decent income for yourself and your child.

I agree, grandma should give you a break on the baby sitting.   If you talked it over with her about the importance of an education for future earnings, do you think she might reconsider?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

How about asking your grandmother to receive her babysitting money (or at least some of it) after you have completed your education and after you have the better job?

When you say "college," I don't know if that is a community college or a vocational educational school; at the community college where I teach, we offer an on-site child care facility, so check into that possibility.  Also, look at your grandma's situation and offer to help her to offset her child care charges; you could clean her yard and house and shop for her on a regular basis.

As far as moving out, reconsider that option!  Now and into the near future, you need to rely on family to get you through this tough situation so put aside your independent ways.  Be humble and ask for help and most importantly, avoid in the future any activity that would result in being an unwed mother, unless I am misreading the subtext (and if so, I apologize).

God Bless!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

14 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

$2oo a week? That's $800 a month. Grandma's an opportunist! :o

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

$2oo a week? That's $800 a month. Grandma's an opportunist! :o

Right ...which is why i decided not to take her up on her offer 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

Well now let’s consider grandma’s point of view. She knows how much work it is to raise a baby. You can’t just stick a baby in the corner all day. It’s hard work for long hours, and a huge responsibility. Probably what’s happening here is that grandma doesn’t really want to be a full-time caretaker for another baby, so she’s jacked up her price to the point that she knows figureofeighty won’t pay her.

Figureofeighty, let me tell you it gets very messy when grandma watches your baby all day every day — especially in a dysfunctional family. I’m sure your grandma is a kind woman, and I’m sure you trust her to watch your baby, and all of that, but lemme tell you, stuff happens. It gets complicated. There will be complaints and accusations that grandma isn’t available for other things, or grandma isn’t paid enough, or you’re the favorite granddaughter, etc. God may be allowing this obstacle to stop you from making a mistake with her.

If I were you, I would go through the school to find childcare options. There’s probably some kind of program to connect students with low-cost caretakers.

3 hours ago, pg4Him said:

Well now let’s consider grandma’s point of view. She knows how much work it is to raise a baby. You can’t just stick a baby in the corner all day. It’s hard work for long hours, and a huge responsibility. Probably what’s happening here is that grandma doesn’t really want to be a full-time caretaker for another baby, so she’s jacked up her price to the point that she knows figureofeighty won’t pay her.

Figureofeighty, let me tell you it gets very messy when grandma watches your baby all day every day — especially in a dysfunctional family. I’m sure your grandma is a kind woman, and I’m sure you trust her to watch your baby, and all of that, but lemme tell you, stuff happens. It gets complicated. There will be complaints and accusations that grandma isn’t available for other things, or grandma isn’t paid enough, or you’re the favorite granddaughter, etc. God may be allowing this obstacle to stop you from making a mistake with her.

If I were you, I would go through the school to find childcare options. There’s probably some kind of program to connect students with low-cost caretakers.

yes but mt grandma hasnt dealt with babies in decades shes used to kids like 6 or 8 and i dont want to shell out 200 ( basically insurance) for a half done job. .

Honestly a decent daycare costed the same amount so i wasnt really getting any benefit. 

Idk we'll see how this plays out. Ill keep u guys posted.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Maybe look into online courses... something that would allow you to be home with your baby at the same time.