• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 minutes ago, Jostler said:

lessee, bleached, germ and bran removed, full of yeast and chemical preservatives.....  you reckon that's symbolic  of  anything?  :)  In any case it sure  seems to violate the symbolic meaning in  the Lord's supper.....but just might be an accurate picture at the  same time.

Might not be worth a flip nutritionally, but it sho' is purty :)

I know... Out and out ludicrous for a bunch of OSAS folks! 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

19 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

In the church I was born into until my latter teen years, it was matzo and a mini shot glass of grape juice. They were adamantly against the use of wine, but at least matzo is unleavened. Congregants would take off a bite sized piece from the matzo, and partake of the juice simultaneously. Later on, I became a Presbyterian for almost a couple of years. They used diced up cubes of white enriched sliced bread. I thought it was detestable. <_<  

I heard about a preacher that was aboard a jet that appeared to be headed for a crash that would kill everybody onboard. He was absent anything with which he could partake of the Lord’s Supper one last time.He used his own saliva in place of the wine. I don’t know what he used fir the bread.The plane recovered.The elements are of little importance......it’s the “ Remembrance” that counts ....

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I heard about a preacher that was aboard a jet that appeared to be headed for a crash that would kill everybody onboard. He was absent anything with which he could partake of the Lord’s Supper one last time.He used his own saliva in place of the wine. I don’t know what he used fir the bread.The plane recovered.The elements are of little importance......it’s the “ Remembrance” that counts ....

Saliva, eh? No matzo, on these planes... I wonder if a bag of kosher peanuts would suffice? :P

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

s... I wonder if a bag of kosher peanuts would suffice? :P

Well Beau, I don't think so, it just sounds "nuts" to me, just saying, lol.

• Haha 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Thank you all so much for the reply's and comments. I really do appreciate them. 

Edited by Lois Martin

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Lois Martin said:

We tried a new church today. And they did communion. I know I have hurtful feeling in my heart over the pain coming from my last church. And no, those feelings aren't completely resolve. But yet I did ask God to clean my heart, And forgive me my part. Hard feelings. I took communion. But I know I still have issues to work through. Was that wrong?

Nothing is wrong sis, you just need to be taught what Communion is all about, it's more than partaking of the elements, look what Terry sang,

We worship our God in humble submission for who He is,

Bow and worship, broken hearted at Your feet,

We bow broken hearted at His feet because we realize we have issues and there is nothing we can do about them, ...but He can, ...and that's what communion is all about, ...remembering what He has done for us.

With this cup I remember the Blood that He bled out for us on that Cross, ...without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins, 

With this bread I break and eat, ...this is My body broken for you, ...by His stripes we are healed,

May I humbly suggest you go online and search for a Nave's Topical Bible, it's free in pdf format, or google eSword, free also, it's a Bible Study aid for PC with lots of good stuff and Vines is there too, that way you can look at every reference for Communion, and other topics, in the Word and study for yourself.

Also, like Heybro said, you can take Communion in you own home, the only command Jesus gave us is, ...Do this in remembrance of Me, ...and don't get hung up on what to use, Father is looking for those that worship Him in spirit and Truth, so what we use as a point of contact in not important.

Lord bless beloved

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

I always thought communion was something the Body of Christ did together. At least randomly in the same building. 

But what do I know. I’m sure it’s ok if your heart is toward God. 

Edited by Kristin
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Kristin said:

I always thought communion was something the Body of Christ did together. At least randomly in the same building. 

There are little compact communion kits, where they can be purchased at a bible book store for instance, and I've seen them being carried into hospitals and nursing homes, etc. They could also be used to minister to those who are what are used to be called in the church I grew up in as, 'shut ins'. These are the folks that are house bound due to age, and or medical reasons. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

7 hours ago, Kristin said:

Traditionally it is, however I know of churches that take Communion corporately at a regularly planned Sunday service, ...and also provide the elements everyday from early morning and into the night while the doors of the Church are open, ...there could be many reasons why believers missed the planned service, work, illness, out of town, or during the week the Lord has worked in a mighty way in their lives and they come to worship Him and thank Him for it.

Communion isn't about the physical elements or where we take it, ...Communion is One on one communication with our Heavenly Father in spirit and Truth, it's worship in the deepest sense, it can be time alone, in Eternity, with the One who loves us more than we will ever understand or comprehend, I'm certain Heybro and his bride, as he stated above, know this and that is why they spend time alone with Father the other six days of the week. 

The elements and the location are just points of contact for us, it's written in Hab 2:4, The just live by faith, ...this Truth is so important that Jesus wrote three commentaries on the verse, ...Romans explains the just, Galatians explains how to live and Hebrews explains what faith is, ...in the Gospels we see Jesus chiding the disciples for their lack of faith in what He had said after He had performed many miracles in front of them, there is a lesson there for us, ...all through His ministry He used a point of contact when He performed them, ...mud, spit, washing, showing themselves to the priests, ...but at the end of His ministry He didn't use a point of contact, He just spoke the miracle, ...Lazarus, ...Come'ere!  Then His last public miracle He was chiding Peter while at the same time putting Malchus's ear back on his head, ...no points of contact. 

The lesson for us is Father wants us to grow in faith where we don't actually need the points of contact to enter into His presence, ...He wants us to learn the reality of, ...we are presently seated, ...in Christ, ...in Heaven, ...with Jesus and Father, ...they become reminders instead of necessary things to enter into Their presence, ...that's the lesson for us in Psalm 73:17, Asaph was troubled with what he observed, until  he entered the Sanctuary and saw all of the reminders represented by the different pieces of furniture.

There are some who will say, "You are too Heavenly minded to be of any use here on earth," ...the Truth is, ...we won't be of any use here on earth until we are heavenly minded. 

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• 11 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/20/2019 at 3:16 AM, Lois Martin said:

OK, I've been visiting different churches. Trying to find a church home. I just wanted to ask opinions here, cause I never heard of this or seen it. "Communion to GO!" They have ushers at the exits. The pastor says to get tis communion cups and wafers to take with you. And sometime during your week, get by yourself and take your communion. Is this ok? Is this even Biblical? 

I believe it should be done in church and church alone in the presence with other believers. It is possible to take communion without going to church, but highly not recommended.