IGNORED

Is it possible to get a straight answer from God?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/06/1970

From supernovas and black holes throughout the immense universe, to tiny insects and all that is unseen.

He knows and created everything.

From the last days with the signs that will be given, the thousand year reign of Christ, and the final battle of Armageddon, He seems to know what will happen before any of us will see.

Can it be asked my eternal destination before judgment with Him?

One day I'll be happy, and the other I'll be completely terrified.

I'm so tired of the constant mood swings.

I know that God will have his full wrath poured over on me from this life.

I just would like to know if Christ will be my shield when it happens.

Anyway, can my eternal destiny be asked before it's even decided in my timeline?

He already knows, so is it okay to prematurely ask a known answer from Him on this?

Thanks ahead for any response.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Now unto Him who is able to keep you from falling...

Now a child will squeal when it feels abandoned. The mama turns up and all is OK. Eventually the child may FEEL secure and tolerate mama's absence.

Some of us that were truly abandoned never really learn to trust. We just do not feel OK much of the time and so might even become reclusive since our experience with others has not been uplifting.

It is just a feeling; an emotion if you like, but very real. So we try to reprogram our minds by taking on the Mind of Christ. Even if just baby steps in this direction until perhaps one day we can say, like Job did: Thus will I bless Him, even though He slay me.

So really, we have to come to an understanding of what God thinks to overshadow our fears. I can say without a doubt that YOU are precious to the Lord God. You are a child of the King and He will NOT abandon you - EVER.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, Addison said:

Shalom @Addison

If you want a short and cold answer - "No, it's not the point".

If you want a longer answer...

Whilst it would be great to have an 100% confirmation of our eternal peace prior to death, you're not likely to get it.  Indeed, I don't think even Paul had this kind of confirmation.  But he had faith in the matter.

In Hebrews 11  we read about the faith of the great heroes in the Bible.  Whilst they did not attain the goal of their faith (in this life) they walked with the surety that they would.  Indeed, they will be rewarded greatly for the this.

In the same way, we should walk with the same kind of confident faith in Yahweh's promises, goodness, mercy and grace.  He has made a vow, through the Lord Yahushua (Jesus), that He will stick to - we stake our lives on it.  But we have to hold up our side of the "bargain" as well.

If you find that you are having severe doubts or big mood swings suddenly about your destiny, it could be the Father prompting you to bring about changes in your life, or to turn from certain behaviours or practices.  Assess your life and heart objectively and critically through the Word.  Better to be too hard on yourself than too lenient - but everything in moderation.  

I used to feel the same way as you did, when my heart and life wasn't correctly aligned with Yahweh.  I had sudden fears of the end days or judgement day.  So I took everything back to naught and went through the Bible, cover-to-cover, to seek Yahweh on the matter and understand my shortfalls.  Today (whilst I'm not perfect!!) I have faith and confidence in the future.  Not because who I am, but because I realised who He is even more.  How merciful He is and how loyal He is to His word.  I realised that, as long as I endeavoured to do my part (to love Yahweh with all my strength and to love my neighbour, forgiving even my enemies) I could have faith that He would save me.  And this is the point I'm making... 

Abraham believed in the promise of Yahweh, and it was credited to Him as righteousness.  So, in the face of any worldly doubt, challenge and fleshly weakness - you will be rewarded based on the defiant faith you have in Yahweh, regardless of circumstance.  So why would Yahweh confirm your personal future outcome?  If He did, He would be short-changing you of all the rewards He could have given to you!  Your faith would be nothing of note - you'd simply be living each day as a countdown.  Therefore, even as your faith is being challenged right now, it is being observed by Him - so trust, trust, trust.  Believe His words and He won't let you down.

But there is another reassurance, beyond building the faith of your heart.  If you haven't been baptised with the Holy Spirit - seek that above all things.  After I went through the above, I made that my mission to seek this.  After a long time it eventually happened and a reassurance, joy and peace came upon me.   That reassurance held me up like a friend when my faith started to waiver.  Therefore, if this hasn't happened for you yet - seek this above all things.  The Holy Spirit will not confirm your future outcome, but you will have reassurance when your heart is right and conviction when you need course correction.  With such a wonderful gift from the Father, we can be sure of our walk today and take confidence in the path of tomorrow.

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

We are in a 3D world trying to grasp a 4D spiritual kingdom. If you want to know that you belong to Christ, there are ways to know this. If you want to know what happens after this life, we only have glimpses. Paul wrote in Ephesians the richest of Christ are unsearchable. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Addison said:

Well bro, just to give it to you short and sweet... I've been up most the night, and am not really capable at this point of a lofty answer to your concerns, but here it is. If Jesus is your Saviour and Lord, your eternal destiny is in Heaven. Rejoice and be glad! Now I'm gonna drag myself back to bed... I need it.  :047:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, Addison said:

From supernovas and black holes throughout the immense universe, to tiny insects and all that is unseen.

From the last days with the signs that will be given, the thousand year reign of Christ, and the final battle of Armageddon, He seems to know what will happen before any of us will see.

Anyway, can my eternal destiny be asked before it's even decided in my timeline?

He already knows, so is it okay to prematurely ask a known answer from Him on this?

Hold your horses. Certainly the Lord is a great predictor. However, you have day to day decisions to make. Life goes far easier if you make the right ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

Just two points.

If we have accepted Jesus as our Lord and Saviour then our eternal destination is secure, not matter how your mood swings.

2nd about mood swings, see your doctor, something is not right so you may need 'happy pills' or just councelling, untill you've spoken to him you don't know.

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/20/2019 at 10:50 AM, Steffenfield said:

Go to the word and look what it says on the matter, we have to abide by the word but so does God. If he did something his word doesnt say he would be a liar and unfair, and the bible says its impossible for God to lie.