• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, Nadjeschda said:

From the general context I think the lady thought all feelings are evil and only logic can save us ...Coming next week: how to transform yourself into a computer.

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Ohhhh I can't wait for that episode! I'm so excited! :clap:

https://www.businessinsider.com/what-is-elon-musk-brain-chip-company-neuralink-2019-7

Elon Musk finally took the wraps off his new brain microchip company that plans to connect people's brains to the internet by next year

• Elon Musk is the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX.
  • When he's not busy running those companies, he's also the CEO of Neuralink — a neurotechnology startup that plans to implant devices into human brains starting in 2020.
  • For the first time on Tuesday night, Musk and colleagues unveiled Neuralink's plans for the future.

• Actually this isn't a joking matter...
  •  

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Humans have many emotions. We sometimes struggle with integrating our emotions into our lives with Christ. We fix our eyes on Christ. We walk by faith. Our human feelings can not always be trusted. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Yes but without feelings we have no feeling for justice too. Our feeling for justice is in reality a certain form of anger and sadness, the emotion we have when we see suffering and that distinguishes us from the emotionless serial killer ... I start to ask myself if the emotions are not holy always in themselfes - and the only thing that makes them evil is when our logic aims them at the wrong target.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

We are made in the image of Yahweh, and so have His traits by reflection. Creativity, love, hate, joy, sadness, laughter, crying, singing, lamenting, intimacy, jealousy, kindness, anger, playfulness, strategism, hope and humour. 

All of the above you can observe in mankind and in Yahweh, through His Word.  But are they holy... 

Some think being holy is just the soft, gentle, sweet and heavenly - along with white gowns, halos and fluffy clouds. No, not all. Holy simply means set-apart or separated, as in not common. Therefore, in that sense, emotions are not holy, because they are regularly experienced and abused by all mankind.

However, what a gift they are!  They are an incredibly wonderful gift, and I don't believe the Father has shared all of them with animal kingdom. But how precious it is that He shared them with us at creation.  In that sense, they are a "holy gift". 

But if any atheist wants to start saying what is and isn't holy, as if they are an expert, the conversation can be cut short with: "what defines holiness and who defines it? If there is no God, nothing is holy." 

Then tickle them and hope they enjoy the kinesthetic relay of nerves, which triggers a neurological pathway activating a display deference to stimulus, with submissive facial muscle contractions and preferential audible cues to offer feedback on comfortability.

Love & Shalom 

• Haha 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

With this diagram we see much deeper into the reality of nasty now and now:
486348967_BodySoulSpirit.jpg.f69578a97e21ed14a376c8781b4caca1.jpg
The Scripture speaks of an inner man

Eph 3:16

16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
KJV
As one can see that if the inner man is not there by s/Spiritual new birth the resource to draw through is of the outer portion of flesh.. and that since the fall and curse is systematically designed by satan to be one of influence for darkness... resulting in the overwhelming fact that God speaks of here

Rom 7:14-25

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
KJV
Thus everything emotion, thought processes, desires etc must be filtered through inner man and God's Word; for the body and world we now are in passes away!

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

18 hours ago, Nadjeschda said:

I think there seems to be a general shift in our societies to believe that feelings are evil and uncool. People from the period of romanticism would have certainly shook their head. How did this mental shift happen?

Yes. The Greek stoic stuff has somehow been resurrected. It might be all that shallow social media stuff that inoculates us against emotions. On the one hand, we should NOT turn emotions into facts, but on the other we should be soft enough to feel the pain of others and ourselves; otherwise we become like the digital servants we are all plugged into.

My suggestion for balance is to unplug and contemplate Godly things. This is dangerous for those living on the edge of human space, since the idea one may fall off is ever present. Nevertheless, our 'comfort blankets' may be more dangerous to us than the reality that surrounds us and scares us often.

Are we afraid of our feelings and emotions? Perhaps, since the garbage tear-jerker programs we often watch have a habit of channeling emotion into a very narrow perspective.

The Lord High God made us in His Image with a mind, will and emotions. We are IMAGERS of His Character, so to disassociate ourselves in any way from His Image and design is to deny our God and His Goodness. Thus often you may come across those that make God in their own image... dangerous!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

On 7/21/2019 at 1:17 PM, Justin Adams said:

Yes. The Greek stoic stuff has somehow been resurrected. It might be all that shallow social media stuff that inoculates us against emotions. On the one hand, we should NOT turn emotions into facts, but on the other we should be soft enough to feel the pain of others and ourselves; otherwise we become like the digital servants we are all plugged into.

My suggestion for balance is to unplug and contemplate Godly things. This is dangerous for those living on the edge of human space, since the idea one may fall off is ever present. Nevertheless, our 'comfort blankets' may be more dangerous to us than the reality that surrounds us and scares us often.

Are we afraid of our feelings and emotions? Perhaps, since the garbage tear-jerker programs we often watch have a habit of channeling emotion into a very narrow perspective.

The Lord High God made us in His Image with a mind, will and emotions. We are IMAGERS of His Character, so to disassociate ourselves in any way from His Image and design is to deny our God and His Goodness. Thus often you may come across those that make God in their own image... dangerous!!

Thanks for mentioning the stoic tradition. I was not aware of the connection but you are right. Than when I watched a super heroe movie I was so surprised of the superficiality: they are always funny and they are always cool even in life threatening situations. If we learn to have no fear than how shall we learn to fear for god or the wellbeing of others?

Furthermore I feel that all emotions- including suffering - are connected. Although probably not in this simple way „I have a feeling and than 5 minutes later I become that“ like reflected in scientific statistic but as a big web over your life in which time might not play such an important role.

If you kill one emotion than you damage all others too...

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/21/2019 at 11:15 AM, enoob57 said:

With this diagram we see much deeper into the reality of nasty now and now:
486348967_BodySoulSpirit.jpg.f69578a97e21ed14a376c8781b4caca1.jpg
The Scripture speaks of an inner man

Eph 3:16

16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
KJV
As one can see that if the inner man is not there by s/Spiritual new birth the resource to draw through is of the outer portion of flesh.. and that since the fall and curse is systematically designed by satan to be one of influence for darkness... resulting in the overwhelming fact that God speaks of here

Rom 7:14-25

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
KJV
Thus everything emotion, thought processes, desires etc must be filtered through inner man and God's Word; for the body and world we now are in passes away!

When I had strong pain I felt how the lower parts of my instincts and flesh separated from my consciousness. It was awesome, I had no fear anymore and no anger. But of course science explains this as an emergency process and takes all the wonder away leaving the people feeling only broken an traumatized.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Feelings are definitely important in our service to God; after all, when many of Jesus’ disciples took offense at what he said and abandoned him, Jesus invited his apostles to express how they felt. He asked: “You do not want to go also, do you?” Peter put their feelings into words, saying: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life; and we have believed and come to know that you are the Holy One of God.” (John 6:67-69) On another occasion, Jesus asked his disciples: “Who are men saying the Son of man is?” He followed this with a question that invited them to express what was in their own hearts. “You, though, who do you say I am?” In response, Peter said: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”—Matt. 16:13-16.

On the other hand, feelings and strong emotion can go overboard and the response of the hearer is to focus on the speaker, rather than the message.  What comes to mind in this category are some of the overly emotional preachers I see on TV and on Youtube.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Nadjeschda,

“a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance” (Ecclesiastes 3:4).

A well-adjusted person isn’t afraid of emotion and realizes that this is a gift of God to everyone saved and unsaved alike.

I believe what makes Christians stand apart in regards to feelings is that through the Holy Spirit living inside of us, we can be directed to love strangers, extend mercy and guidance to those who aren’t just family or friends. Our feelings can give us empathy to help others. I think it also gives us more of a trustworthy conscience that is ruled by God rather than self.

• This is Worthy 1