Nadjeschda

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,445
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not exactly sure what the OP is discussing myself, but as far as feelings and emotions are concerned...

We are imagers of God, we were created in His image, we bear all the feelings God has (love, hate , jealousy, compassion, wrath, etc.) and even a sense of humor. Sense of humor you say? Read the book of 1 Samuel 6: about when the Philistines took the Ark of the Covenant and the plague God sent to them. The emerod's (hemorrhoids) and five golden emerod's the Philistines made and sent back to Israel. That seems to be a sense of humor, imagine what those golden emerod's must have looked like? 

The Lord has a yearning, His yearning is for us to trust Him. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Thanks, brothers and sisters for these answers you have shared. I am glad to see there are those who view emotions as a gift from God. As was said, we are created in the image of a God who has emotions. He is far from an information only/without feeling computer. Conscience, justice and compassion include emotions. They should not be belittled. 

I was accused recently of being 'too emotional.' If that means caring deeply when babies are killed in abortion or comforting/encouraging those who are in need of it...then I am guilty as charged. I see much emotion in Jesus. So I believe it is normal and yes, commendable (if not misused, as in the good example given of the TV preachers. :)Balance is always needed in life.)

Jesus got angry at the Pharisees (a LOT.) He was disappointed in His disciples not grasping much of what He so patiently taught them. He was hurt that people used Him...just wanting the bread and the loaves/miracles, rather than the truth He taught. He desired them to follow Him because they LOVED Him (not for how much He could bless them.) John 11:35 states, "Jesus wept."

So I choose to be real... as Jesus was. I will not turn off my emotions to pander to this weird school of thought that somehow is turning emotions into a dirty word. Perhaps if we felt the heart of God more and how it breaks for the many lost souls and suffering ones (elder abuse, sex trafficking, etc)...we would be motivated to act upon  these feelings. Iow, do more to make a difference. Just food for thought. GBU for taking the time to read this long reply.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

The ideal outcome for us is to align our emotions in agreement with our spirit. We weep for what grieves our Lord, we smile at what pleases Him, we worry for those who betray Him, and we rejoice in what exalts Him. This is transformation in His image.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

My feelings have gotten me in way more trouble than my intellect. Js

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 7/20/2019 at 8:24 AM, Nadjeschda said:

What do you think when you hear such a sentence from an atheist? 

I don't think they know what "holy" means.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 7/20/2019 at 8:30 AM, pg4Him said:

How many times on this very forum have people said we can’t rely on feelings when God seems distant, we feel like we’re not saved, we feel that the Bible isn’t fair to us, etc? 

C. S. Lewis said something about that. He actually suggested that at the times when you feel most distant and not in his will are probably when you are the closest to him. It is at those times you realized just how far removed from him you really are, regarding "holiness". 

This is something that people that go to seminary have to face as well. The more you know about the bible, the more you are forced to shake off those shallow beliefs you had as an "ignorant of the history of the bible" believer. For some, it is a revelation that kills your belief (Bart Ehrman would be a good example). For others it creates a crisis of faith that, in the end, increases their faith in God, while knocking the bible down a few notches as a "divine thing" .

As one pastor said to me, "Nobody gets out of seminary with their faith intact." In fact, Dr. Michael Heiser has interviewed seminary students that said that one phase of learning the source and history of the bible actually created a crisis in faith of one form of the other, causing them to feel they had LESS faith, rather than more. But again, that is something that the called/chosen make it through. 

Edited by Still Alive

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, pg4Him said:

The ideal outcome for us is to align our emotions in agreement with our spirit. We weep for what grieves our Lord, we smile at what pleases Him, we worry for those who betray Him, and we rejoice in what exalts Him. This is transformation in His image.

ED ZACH  LEE.

IF we don't LOVE what GOD LOVES ,     WE DONT KNOW HIM , WE are NOT BORN AGAIN FROM ABOVE .  PEROID .   AND I care less who this offends .

IF we don't LOVE what GOD loves and Hate what he hates .     WE are in serious deception .    Its time to get far more serious .    Times running out and THE not A

but THE DELUSION grows .  the one that leads all to perdtion .      Armour up cause folks are gonna hate us big time in the time and days ahead .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, pg4Him said:

Good night this is totally sad .    You would think everyone who reads this would put a big fat worthy or a love it sign on it .  

Sweet mother ,    we in the upmost of the last days .     

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

we in the upmost of the last days .   

Yes, it certainly does appear so...

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

1967 I think is the last generation. Not meaning to go off topic!

Edited by Kristin