• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Sorry,I can’t see that drinking coffee or tea is a sin, anything that you put above God is sin.

:thumbs_up:
2 Corinthians 3:6
  "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament;
not of the letter, but of the spirit:
for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life"

"coffee or tea is a sin"
??
                    Is this for real?

• Haha 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

45 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The only thing more “ wretched” than me is my singing voice......I will be with you in Spirit.....lol...

You are tone deaf. I think that is hereditary. One thing good about me is that I have a nice singing voice :anv20181:

• Loved it! 1

35 minutes ago, walla299 said:

"All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." - 1 Cor 6:12

I think Paul explained all that pretty well. There are things that the Bible does not mention, like caffeine and nicotine, but alcohol is mentioned - but not condemned. Drunkenness is roundly condemned. Whether caffeine and nicotine are sin or not is between the individual and God - if He wants someone to stop, they'll stop. I'm not the Holy Spirit (that position has been filled for some time, I hear,) so I'll leave all that in His capable hands.

Yes, it is between that person and God. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

You are tone deaf. I think that is hereditary. One thing good about me is that I have a nice singing voice :anv20181:

.......send one of them audio files this way .....is that possible ? It’s not that I don’t believe you, it’s like Reagan said ...... “ Trust, but verify !”   Lol....

• Brilliant! 1

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

.......send one of them audio files this way .....is that possible ? It’s not that I don’t believe you, it’s like Reagan said ...... “ Trust, but verify !”   Lol....

What is this karaoke on Worthy? :cool:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,069
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

10 hours ago, angels4u said:

Drinking tea or coffee is a sin?

See you didn't see just how naughty you were did ya :o 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

People who do any of these drugs which is alcohol, nicotine or caffeine are usually in denial and do not think they are a sin or will harm their body but they are wrong. They will usually not admit that they are addicting but that is wrong as well. It is that caffeine is a more socially acceptable drug.Just tell someone to stop consuming their caffeine and then ask them what happened :blink:

Caffeine- Stimulant

Nicotine- Stimulant and a depressant

Alcohol- Depressant

Are you using sugar?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

People who do any of these drugs which is alcohol, nicotine or caffeine are usually in denial and do not think they are a sin or will harm their body but they are wrong. They will usually not admit that they are addicting but that is wrong as well. It is that caffeine is a more socially acceptable drug.Just tell someone to stop consuming their caffeine and then ask them what happened :blink:

Caffeine- Stimulant

Nicotine- Stimulant and a depressant

Alcohol- Depressant

Greeting MM,

Sorry to disagree but I don’t want people to read this thread to think there is only one “opinion” all Christians take, your position, ....especially if it is not based on solid scripture. 

Jesus’ first miracle.....change water to WINE!  

Paul told Timothy to drink WINE for his stomach ailments.

“ And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit.....” Ephesians 5

i can go on.....all you have to do is google “wine” in the Bible....look for yourself.

and please, don’t tell me wine back then was grape juice. I know john McArthur said this at one time but he is not my go to source for bible exegesis. 

As for the other two, caffeine and nicotine, obviously there is nothing in the Bible condemning those two but to say your body is the temple of the HS and that is your Bible basis for calling it a sin......I’m sorry, but for me, that is definitely not enough.

Another point,  why not just preach MODERATION instead? I don’t believe even science would say One or two cigs or one or two cups of coffee daily would  “hurt” the body and upset the HS living inside. But I do agree, anything done in EXCESS and not in moderation can most definitely hurt the body and should be avoided and considered to be in bad judgment to continue down this path. The only thing we should strive to have control us is the HS and to see the fruits of such control. 

LASTLY, if you take the position that if something that hurts, or can destroy the body, should be avoided, what about red meat? I have very high cholesterol that my doctor says has put me in danger of having a heart attack. (And I exercise daily and don’t have one ounce of body fat on me at all.) Is it a sin if I continue eating red meat, which he seems to feel is my number one food to avoid in order to reduce my LDL?  In fact, all animal products, I have been told, I probably should avoid in order to reduce plaque. Am I sinning if I continue to eat such knowing that I could be contributing to my “premature” death if I continue eating such? So why stop at just nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine?  What about DUNKIN DONUTS OR CUPCAKES or any fatty food like that?   I believe going down this path is very legalistic and not healthy for the body of Christ. 

But, to each their own......

A very concerned Spock

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

22 hours ago, Kristin said:

I smoke cigerettes. My dad bought me patches to quit. I’m 51. My dear dad is 84. I feel addiction is a sin. But  it’s hard. I put the patch on 

I had a nicotine addiction as a young man for about twelve years. I spent the last two trying to cut down, switching from non-filter to filter, and trying to quit. I finally decided one day, "This is the last day I smoke." I quit the next day for several months, had a weekend relapse, and haven't smoked since. That was 1986.

I suggest you simply quit. Expect a six-week struggle. And then you'll never want another cigarette. Maybe the most difficult time was breaktime at work, when I craved a cigarette. Also, I had the fear that if I didn't smoke, there'd be nothing to do. Turned out that wasn't true.