• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Kristin said:

I smoke cigerettes. My dad bought me patches to quit. I’m 51. My dear dad is 84. I feel addiction is a sin. But  it’s hard. I put the patch on 

Nicotine has been recognized as the most powerful addiction, save NONE.
Addicts in the US,  Heroin-426,000-Cocaine-821,000-pain killers-1.8 million-Marijuana,4.2 mil-Alcohl-18 mil,
Tobacco---------------over 40, 000, 000.  (1.3 billion world wide)
It creates/grows within your brain additional receptors for maximum shackles of absorption/dependency.

Considering the patch, shots,  pills, gum-losenge-inhaler-nasal spray-E cigarettes, etc, etc,

They all continue the absorption of nicotine, just a different (very cash lucrative) delivery method.
They keep you addicted to nicotine, and NOTHING has changed.

"As long as any nicotine (from any source) remains in the bloodstream the body will keep craving its full complement. Once the smoker quits, their nicotine level will drop to zero within three days, and they will have moved beyond peak withdrawal. Within 2 to 3 weeks, all symptoms of *physical* withdrawal will cease"
Then it's mental.  Just you and God.

"Online quitting resources are increasingly important to tobacco users. In 2017, more than one-third of all smokers looked online for information about quitting smoking, a proportion that has more than doubled over the past 12 years. This translates to 12.4 million smokers who turned to the internet for help quitting in 2017. Evidence shows that online quit-smoking programs help smokers succeed"

Smoked fifty one years. (with my coffee)
Tried every method available back then to quit, save hypnoses.
Serious praying (son) and laying on hands. Victory. In Christ alone, we can do all things.
Cold turkey. seven years, smoke free. (To God be the glory)
(and some say there are no miracles today : )

I drink tea and coffee. At church this morning, there were at least
six lg coffee urns full of coffee for consumption. Often run out.
Baptist!
My wife drinks probably no less than eight or more cups of coffee every single day. Genetic, like her mom.
Several days a week she goes to my son's gym and works out lifting weights, running, muscle building, etc.

She runs her own business and inventory of goods to sell via internet, and does all receiving and shipping.
A great cook, (I'm blessed) using  little or no sugar, no GMO's, preservatives, salts etc. (and still tastes great!)
But.   She needs her coffee.... 
She turns seventy this year.

(look up on internet, health benefits of coffee)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Spock said:

Greeting MM,

Sorry to disagree but I don’t want people to read this thread to think there is only one “opinion” all Christians take, your position, ....especially if it is not based on solid scripture. 

Jesus’ first miracle.....change water to WINE!  

Paul told Timothy to drink WINE for his stomach ailments.

“ And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit.....” Ephesians 5

i can go on.....all you have to do is google “wine” in the Bible....look for yourself.

and please, don’t tell me wine back then was grape juice. I know john McArthur said this at one time but he is not my go to source for bible exegesis. 

As for the other two, caffeine and nicotine, obviously there is nothing in the Bible condemning those two but to say your body is the temple of the HS and that is your Bible basis for calling it a sin......I’m sorry, but for me, that is definitely not enough.

Another point,  why not just preach MODERATION instead? I don’t believe even science would say One or two cigs or one or two cups of coffee daily would  “hurt” the body and upset the HS living inside. But I do agree, anything done in EXCESS and not in moderation can most definitely hurt the body and should be avoided and considered to be in bad judgment to continue down this path. The only thing we should strive to have control us is the HS and to see the fruits of such control. 

LASTLY, if you take the position that if something that hurts, or can destroy the body, should be avoided, what about red meat? I have very high cholesterol that my doctor says has put me in danger of having a heart attack. (And I exercise daily and don’t have one ounce of body fat on me at all.) Is it a sin if I continue eating red meat, which he seems to feel is my number one food to avoid in order to reduce my LDL?  In fact, all animal products, I have been told, I probably should avoid in order to reduce plaque. Am I sinning if I continue to eat such knowing that I could be contributing to my “premature” death if I continue eating such? So why stop at just nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine?  What about DUNKIN DONUTS OR CUPCAKES or any fatty food like that?   I believe going down this path is very legalistic and not healthy for the body of Christ. 

But, to each their own......

A very concerned Spock

I said that caffeine, nicotine and alcohol are all drugs. That is a fact. Google it. People can not consume one of these drugs and then point their finger and judge someone who is consuming another. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Humans have a tendency to self medicate themselves. Perhaps that is the case with alcohol, nicotine and caffeine. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Humans have a tendency to self medicate themselves. Perhaps that is the case with alcohol, nicotine and caffeine. 

I drink alcohol to reduce my high cholesterol.

i drink caffeine to help stay regulated.

i don’t use nicotine. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I said that caffeine, nicotine and alcohol are all drugs. That is a fact. Google it. People can not consume one of these drugs and then point their finger and judge someone who is consuming another. 

Alcohol and Opioids, have been the worst addictions that destroy not only the person consuming but also ruins the lives of those around them.  

Smoking can effect the circulatory system, can bring on cancers to different organs,  Second hand smoke is also a killer.

Sugar, coffee and tea, if taken in excess, does physical harm to the person consuming them.

this can effect family, if the person gets sick due to the abuse of them.

Sugar ,  is also considered a drug.

To much caffeine can effect the kidneys , the adrenal glands that can effect  hypothalamus that can effect the thyroid gland...

Moderation is wise counsel, but wisdom comes and grows in us as we grow in Him

The best thing is to bring it to the Lord and ask Him to help us overcome what we know for ourselves needs overcoming. ( We know what we need to overcome, and if not, In Christ He will show us what we need to overcome and will help us in overcoming it)

Edited by 1to3

Most people in this world consume one of the three drugs. There is a handful who do not. That is great. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

Nobody on here ever brings up that with each sin can a demons become attached to the sin. Christ Jesus cast our a lot of demons and delivered and healed people from them, Christ Jesus taught his disciple to do so as well and we if we also are His disciples can do the same

Deliverance is needed and God speaks of it in Mark 16:17-18, Luke 10:17,Matthew 7:22,Matthew 12:27,Acts 19:13

Also their are generational curses that can be broken, that many Christians neglect to do and are plagued with.

Two good youtube video that explains it and help deliver from from are:

How Curses Operate 07_13_07_Fri Pastor Pat Holliday

Breaking Curses - Dr Pat Holliday - blogtalkradio

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

I wish to God that the only sins we needed to worry about were the consumption of tobacco,tea, and sugar.W hat a wonderful world it would be.It brings back thoughts of Jimmy Swaggert condemning tobacco farmers while he was out consorting with whores.My instincts were correct when he made me sick to my stomach whenever I watched him strut across the stage, foaming at the mouth,preaching against sin

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  6

21 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I wish to God that the only sins we needed to worry about were the consumption of tobacco,tea, and sugar.W hat a wonderful world it would be.It brings back thoughts of Jimmy Swaggert condemning tobacco farmers while he was out consorting with whores.My instincts were correct when he made me sick to my stomach whenever I watched him strut across the stage, foaming at the mouth,preaching against sin

This thread has saddened me a bit.......

Am I the only one who loved to watch All those Cowboy and Indian movies where the Head Chief would sit in a circle and bring out the peace pipe for all to smoke.

And the thought of seeing a proper  British couple drinking milk instead of their Earl Gray Tea at 2:00 is Just not right....

And I guess after Jesus turned the water to wine at that wedding party he was then hearing their confession shortly afterwards. 

Sigh! 

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

22 minutes ago, Spock said:

This thread has saddened me a bit.......

Am I the only one who loved to watch All those Cowboy and Indian movies where the Head Chief would sit in a circle and bring out the peace pipe for all to smoke.

And the thought of seeing a proper  British couple drinking milk instead of their Earl Gray Tea at 2:00 is Just not right....

And I guess after Jesus turned the water to wine at that wedding party he was then hearing their confession shortly afterwards. 

Sigh! 

He turned water into wine to keep the party going. There’s nothing like grape juice to put wedding guests into a joyful party mood! Give me a break...There must have been a reason Why Jesus was called a “ wine bibber and a glutton”. I suspect it was because he ate and drank heartily and enjoyed these blessings from God immensely .All with Godly moderation, of course.....He did not get drunk or eat like a pig.....

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1