• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Willa said:

I just drank 2 big cups to wake up in the morning, and that was 1/4 strength.  But I may go back to drinking my Earl Gray during the winter when something hot is mighty good.  Right now I have found a bottled water that I like and that has taken the place.  It is still a cheap WalMart brand but it works.  

I knew I would suffer. Ism. Today is a suffering day 

• Praying! 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

6 minutes ago, Willa said:

I just drank 2 big cups to wake up in the morning, and that was 1/4 strength.  But I may go back to drinking my Earl Gray during the winter when something hot is mighty good.  Right now I have found a bottled water that I like and that has taken the place.  It is still a cheap WalMart brand but it works.  

Same here, two ritual cups.  When my wife and I eat out, I search out the diners for her
that serves coffee. If it's breakfast of huevos rancheros,
(95% of the time) I get my required/complimentary  third cup. 
There's something about our sharing a cup of coffee with someone, that's bonding.
When searching my heart for hidden sins, caffeine has never popped up.
Praise God!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

28 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I'll say they're cheap... You gotta watch it when you first open those flimsy bottles, or they'll spill all over you! :o

Its better than being given a foot long drinking straw with your glass of ice water at a restraunt.  If you are short the whole contents gets tipped down your front, ice cubes and all.  Now that does make you wake up and move in a hurry!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

21 hours ago, Kristin said:

I believe I can become free like God promises me. I’m stepping out in faith with a patch and a prayer. I want to be free like Christ says we are. 

God bless you in this. I think it would be hard to find anyone among us who doesn't have areas of our lives where we could make changes for the better. I'm praying for you. You pray for us, too. We are all growing up in Christ, and each member's growth affects the whole Body of Christ.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

Non stop has hiccups. I’m suffering 

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

Kristin hang in  there...  praying

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

2 hours ago, Kristin said:

Everyone in my life is so thrilled I’m going to lay down the smokes. Everyone pray for me! I’ve rarely been successful before. I need help. 

Hi Kristin, okay I'll be praying for you too, ...just one thing, you are fighting against an addiction empowered  by the supernatural and you will never win in that contest, ...however if you let the Holy Spirit fight the fight, He will win and you will be free. 

51 minutes ago, Kristin said:

Non stop has hiccups. I’m suffering 

For me, rapid breathing into a paper bag, as if you were hyperventilating, works for me. 

Temecula, ...small world, I was a super for the underground construction company at Butterfield Estates Mobile Home Park, LOL, ...I'm a long way from there now, greetings from Tahiti.

Lord bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Two ambitious fellows were curious about bottled water......The went to a fancy French Restaurant and served water into beautiful glasses  and the name of the Bottled Water was a name I can’t remember, but it was a beautiful French name, befitting such an expensive , “ glorious tasting” brand of water. When interviewed about their thoughts in regard to the taste of this fancy water, the restaurant guests could barely restrain themselves in their praises! Exquisite, they proclaimed ! Must have come fromHeaven above, said others!

As it turned out......the two “ ambitious fellows” were Magicians Penn and Teller......the fancy French name given to the water was the French name for “ sewage” and the water was put in the fancy bottles from a garden hose out back of the restaurant .I don’t know who the genius was that enticed people to pay dollars for something they can buy for pennies.Maybe I’m crazy for drinking tap water instead of the fancy stuff. I don’t know. I DO know THIS.....the name of the Penn and Teller show, that was broadcast on Showtime  years ago was named “ Bull***t”  Please pardon my “ French”.......lol.....

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

13 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

As it turned out......the two “ ambitious fellows” were Magicians Penn and Teller......the fancy French name given to the water was the French name for “ sewage” and the water was put in the fancy bottles from a garden hose out back of the restaurant

Coincidentally  I watched that episode on YouTube a night or two ago, too bad Penn is such a potty mouth! I have not read this thread, but I am curious (a simple yes or no will suffice), does the bottled water story have anythings to do with quitting bad habits?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

@Kristin said: Non stop has hiccups. I’m suffering 

Is there something you can do to redirect your suffering thoughts? (I remember one poster's suggestion to brush your teeth.)

Also, is there a way the LORD might show you to help overcome this suffering with good? Your suffering is very real, and I would not minimize it at all. But remember, you are actually suffering for a good thing. You are improving your health and your life. Suffering has a way of magnifying itself over our whole life. Is it possible to view this temporay (good) suffering in the perspective of the many blessings your are enjoying right now and to see it for what it is?

Remember that old song chorus?

"Count your blessings, name them one by one.

Count your blessings, see what God has done.

Count your blessings.

Name them One... By... One...

Count your many blessings, see what God has done."

(And besides that- Count your blessings of what He's doing right now while you're defeating this, and the ones that are coming when you've overcome it!)

Freedom is coming for you, Kristin, if you just stay the course on this now; and every single hour and day that passes brings you that much closer to being out of the grips of this thing you hate!  God bless you with confidence in Him and determination to reach your goal.

Edited by Jubilea
punc.