• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

8 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I used to love rock. I’m fond of gospel now because now I see. 

ok :)  I'm an old rock hound myself but have also come to love other  styles when I can sense His anointing :)

I'm  very  reliant on music now, in both seeking to get close to Him and hear Him, and in  battle.

I am very often immersed in anointed worship music, sometimes just low in the background while I focus on other things and sometimes intensely focused on worship and on Him.  

I got a few songs I feel are relevant and timely and He is continually emphasizing the relationship between worship and warfare to me lately.

If you feel led, here's a few I'm currently listening to, repeatedly and I honestly believe He's using them:

We're not afraid....

I'd be curious to know if He ministers to you out of those too :)

Still praying....got yer back sis :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

14 hours ago, Debp said:

Besides praying and maybe thinking on some Scripture verses, can you sometimes chew gum or eat some non-fat item?

Years ago it was legal in California to smoke in restaurants.   Then finally they made a non-smoking section.   Now it is totally illegal to smoke in restaurants, office buildings, apartments, etc.   One must even stand about 25 feet away from entrances.

But I can remember sitting at lunch counters and a smoker would take out a cigarette after their meal, while I was still eating my meal!!   So I would get a bunch of smoke in my mouth along with my food!!   It was awful back then.

I think it is a good idea to ban smoking in restaurants. My only complaint is that when we step outside to have a cigarette that the restaurant provides ash trays. What are we suppose to do? Eat it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:31 AM, Kristin said:

I smoke cigerettes. My dad bought me patches to quit. I’m 51. My dear dad is 84. I feel addiction is a sin. But  it’s hard. I put the patch on 

Hi Kristen,

I finally get to write a comment on your thread. I do feel for you going through this time and think you are very caring thinking of others and wanting to give up smoking. Now I believe that we all do things, have bad habits because of undealt attitudes. So to just try and deal with the outward does not really address the inward problem, and it can emerge in a different form, eg. over eating.

So I suggest you think about why you took up smoking and continued, before it became addictive. Was it to calm your nerves, help you relax etc? If so then that is what you need to address as well as work through the painful times of withdrawal.

praying, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/20/2019 at 12:01 PM, Kristin said:

I smoke cigerettes. My dad bought me patches to quit. I’m 51. My dear dad is 84. I feel addiction is a sin. But  it’s hard. I put the patch on 

Quitting smoking is so difficult, but you can do it.   I have been "smoke free" since 1996, and I do remember how hard it was to quit.   

You need to find a good substitute for those times when it was just habit to light up, like after a meal or such things. 

You have to do it one day at a time and if you slip up, do not think you have failed, just go forward from there.

I can tell you, after all these years I still have an occasional craving to have a cigarette, which shows the power of the addiction. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

The Bible helps us to have the correct view of the matter when it says: “Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey?” (Romans 6:16) When an individual’s thinking and actions are dominated by a craving for tobacco, he soon becomes a slave to a degrading practice. However, God wants us to be free, not only from practices that harm our body but also from those that corrupt our spirit, that is, our dominant mental inclination. (Psalm 83:18; 2 Corinthians 7:1) Thus, as a person grows in appreciation and respect for the Lord, he recognizes that God deserves his best and that he cannot give God his best while remaining enslaved to a lethal habit. That realization helps to give a person the will to resist hurtful desires.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

I have helped people to quit smoking before.  One man with whom I studied the Bible, decided to quit smoking on a certain Saturday.  We had everything prepared beforehand, knowing that the first few days were going to be the most difficult.  So we had a bunch of family activities (including certain snacks and food and drinkds) and plans pre-positioned so that he would be so exhausted that weekend and so busy with spiritual and family activities, that he would not even have time to think about smoking!  It was a great plan, but alas, he returned to smoking.  Still, the chart below was helpful to us during our strategy sessions:

How to Quit
1. Be Convinced. Write down your reasons for quitting, and review this list regularly. A desire to be clean before God can be a powerful motive.—Romans 12:1; Ephesians 4:17-19.
2. Get help. If you’ve been smoking in secret, now is the time to come clean. Tell those you have been hiding your smoking from that you are quitting, and ask for their support. If you want to serve God, pray for his help.—1 John 5:14.
3. Set a quit date. Give yourself two weeks or less, and mark on your calendar the day you are determined to quit. Tell your family and friends that you are quitting on that date.
4. Search and destroy. Before you reach your quit date, scour your room, car, and clothing for any cigarettes. Destroy them. Get rid of lighters, matches, and ashtrays.
5. Deal with withdrawal symptoms. Drink plenty of fruit juice or water, and allow yourself more time for sleep. Keep in mind that the discomfort is temporary, while the benefits are permanent!
6. Avoid triggers. Stay away from situations and places where you would be tempted to smoke. You may also need to cut off social contact with associates who are smokers.—Proverbs 13:20.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  11

Praying for you today, Kristin ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,528
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 7/20/2019 at 1:01 PM, Kristin said:

Hi,

Yep, and you know all the harsh results.

May I state that  it is an addiction, not a habit. Addictions require super determined effort in resistance in order to break free from them, or you will lose, and feel defeated yet again. None the less, each day,  or each hour, without one is good for the body no matter what it takes do it!

ps- Former smoker of tobacco myself.  I'm free 35 years now, but I still pay the price today with having to buy symbicort and rescue inhalers to the tune of many, many hundreds of dollars per month. Plus my activities are limited  as I just can't sustain effort for my lungs have been damaged.  You think cigarettes are expensive check out the price of symbicort.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  3

victory.png.b104c0c9d25e0b8936ba9c38e170e51b.png

His promises are faithful and true. continue to look to him , He will not fail you.

https://worshipwarriorsministry.com.au/

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I'm no stranger to drugs nor addictions but I'm having the most hardest time with this tobacco. Previously to this, 15 yrs ago, I almost failed to give up Marijuana but I  finally quit it.

I know tobacco is a sin, I see the harm it's done to me, part of me wants nothing to do with it so why am I still smoking?

I am convinced that sometimes certain sins are accompanied by demons when we engage in them. I learned this 8 yrs ago when I dealt with lust. I was actually allowing 1 or 2 demons into myself when I enjoyed the sin of lust. I used to think the 2 demons were my fantasies and imaginations. One day God allowed to see they were 2 demons. No demon can have any power over a child of God when we don't want them to. But I never could overcome lust until I recognized the 2 demons. Tobacco must have 1 or more demons with it which is why I can't shake it.

If you read this and you feel for me please pray that I learn to overcome tobacco and whatever is with it.

• Thumbs Up 1